• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PSA - Paypal Gift is the worst possible way of transacting in M2M

Rickjames111

5/9/17
St Louis, Mo
There's plenty of discussion going on - and it's all behind the scenes.

You have no idea how time and effort is spent hunting down these cocksuckers.

I’m sure it is a ton. Hopefully they catch them sooner than later. Not too many things lower than a thief and they deserve to get whatever comes their way.

peterchao

Renowned Member
Certified
19/3/16
Damn same thing happened to me. The cunt issued a charge back and lost the case with paypal straight away.

HotNHorny

Known Member
21/7/19
Don’t you have the persons First and Last Name, Address, and etc? Ruin their life and post about them on social media, LinkedIn, and ruin their career. ????????????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J_D

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/7/19
This is such a shame......I bought like 5 watches here in the last few weeks and used PP and received every watch exactly as described, and most pretty quick.

Some from Asia, some from the UK, 2 from CONUS, and waiting on one that arrives this week from UE. Buy the seller, and the buyer. Feedback is so important.

slashFAslash

21/7/18
Sorry to hear that happened to you OP.
A friend of mine who dealt with selling gold in a popular MMO a few years ago always tells me that PayPal friends and family isn't safe for chargebacks but I never knew how the scammers do this, wow.

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Sorry to hear that happened to you OP.
A friend of mine who dealt with selling gold in a popular MMO a few years ago always tells me that PayPal friends and family isn't safe for chargebacks but I never knew how the scammers do this, wow.

Already wrote this in another thread but here again:

I also sold Gold, but via eBay. I got a buy from a good eBay member (3 years account, 50 positive reviews etc.) for a 300€ buy, bought via PayPal. 1 month later the chargeback happened, turns out the buyers eBay account + paypal got "hacked" and he just told his CC company to get the money back. I was out of my Gold and my money. Was very nice.

chuynh1109

22/8/18
I've seen members mention the use of Venmo as alternative, however I'd say you're still in the same situation since Venmo is a subsidiary of PayPal and people can still pay people via a credit card. And then if they do a charge back, you're in the same situation.

Not too sure about zelle. I believe it's tied to a bank and not a credit card, so that may be a better option.

I've only done a handful of transactions here and a bunch on WUS. I've primarily used PP and Venmo, but now hearing this has me wary.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk