• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

TD selling tactics

thefever

Renowned Member
29/4/13
So I’ve been asking multiple TDs for a particular watch. A few of the TDs are saying the watch is out of stock with no ETA on availability. One TD is saying it is in stock and requesting payment. I know this hasn’t been available for a while and I’m not exactly too keen on sending payment and having to wait months for the watch just because someone said it’s around and just wanted money.

Not sure who to trust. Not exactly the most expensive piece, so maybe it’s not worth for TDs to source so they’re just saying it’s not available. Or this one TD is saying it’s available to just take my money.

Thoughts?

G123

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/6/19
So I’ve been asking multiple TDs for a particular watch. A few of the TDs are saying the watch is out of stock with no ETA on availability. One TD is saying it is in stock and requesting payment. I know this hasn’t been available for a while and I’m not exactly too keen on sending payment and having to wait months for the watch just because someone said it’s around and just wanted money.

Not sure who to trust. Not exactly the most expensive piece, so maybe it’s not worth for TDs to source so they’re just saying it’s not available. Or this one TD is saying it’s available to just take my money.

Thoughts?
If you post which watch it is people may be able to say more on the true availability and whether or not the TD actually likely had the piece.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

G123

1/6/19
It would help is all to know which dealer claims to have it when everyone admits they don't so that we can adjust our expectations from that TD...

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
I understand the cynicism (I'm much the same), but some TDs are said to be better at tracking down unobtanium watches; Fat Panda for instance. What watch are we talking about and which TD said they could get it?

Pickledbeetroot

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/12
if the TD takes your money and the watch isn't available after all, then you'll get a refund, so whats the problem?

whats the watch?

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
if the TD takes your money and the watch isn't available after all, then you'll get a refund, so whats the problem?

whats the watch?

You will lose around 5-10% of the order price anyways, Which is basically the cost of the operation (bank transfer), depending on the size of the order it could be quite a high cost

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: Glaude

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Or the TD might have one in his own stock. But it’s all guessing. Please don’t suggest spreading rumors about a specific TD based on this.

thefever

Renowned Member
29/4/13
That’s why I’m not mentioning the TD. The rep landscape has definitely changed since I’ve signed on here. TDs that used to be helpful couldn’t care less from what it seems.

Watch in question is just a particular PAM model (handwound) listed on some TD’s websites, but out of stock.

Rastapopoulos

Supporter
5/4/19
Germany
I have a similar problem.. I asked some TDs if a watch is available, one said that it is, ive sent my money there. After some days ive been told, that the watch isnt available anymore and if i want another watch instead. I refused it and got my money back, now i have the same situation with another dealer. He told me the watch is available but im afraid, that it is a trick to get my payment to sell me another watch that is in stock. I will try it once again this time, we´ll see what will happen.

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
I've said this on other threads and in my experience with one TD, is that asking if a watch is in stock gets an almost immediate response " watch available please pay through website" then to be told " sorry watch not in stock" .

i don't believe that due to the speed of the first response the dealer could have possibly had time to find out about the watch availability before asking for payment.

if it had happened once I could just think it unlucky but it has happened with three separate watches.

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Why is no one naming the dealers involved? This isn't some secret thing, it's an honest review of the service you received.

thefever

Renowned Member
29/4/13
Technically I didn’t receive a service. Just conflicting information.

hm11esh

4/9/18
That’s why I’m not mentioning the TD. The rep landscape has definitely changed since I’ve signed on here. TDs that used to be helpful couldn’t care less from what it seems.

Watch in question is just a particular PAM model (handwound) listed on some TD’s websites, but out of stock.

is it a pam112. I only know one TD that has them

Reactions: gaellil

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
is it a pam112. I only know one TD that has them

I am pretty sure that that has not been produced in a few years by noob and H factory has been shut down for over a year. It's possible that a dealer might have located a single piece in someone's warehouse. I wouldn't told my breath on this though.

Rickjames111

5/9/17
St Louis, Mo

Well that clears it up....what is the purpose of not sharing the watch model? I get not wanting to name a TD, but not sharing which watch it is???

hm11esh

4/9/18
I am pretty sure that that has not been produced in a few years by noob and H factory has been shut down for over a year. It's possible that a dealer might have located a single piece in someone's warehouse. I wouldn't told my breath on this though.

this Td uses the 111 as a base and modifies the dial and movement to make it into at 112. I have purchased one and a few other shave on this forum after me.

seeseoh

20/7/19
As I know,recently many watches are out of stock. You can double check with the TD if he can really purchase the watch or not,just make sure. Communicate in detail and keep chat records,it won't waste your time

G123

1/6/19
Curious your thoughts on this one?

I had a TD send me QC pics where they adjusted the hands specifically to hide an obvious defect on the dial.

Of course when the watch arrived and the hands were not covering the obviously defective dial I was sort of thinking to myself, "how did I miss that on the QC!?"

That is until I looked at the QC and saw that the hands were somehow set to exactly cover the defect.