• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

So I got scammed….twice here.....

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
He still hasn't logged on since the 8th, I imagine he's away. I would expect him to log on again towards the end of the month, and hopefully he'll keep up his end of the deal.

kkk12345m

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/11/18
Hi I’ve come online. I didn’t think he took me up on the offer because he said nothing through pms for a couple of days after i offered it on my comment thread and I really needed to take some time off the forum to cool off so I can avoid arguing any further. I also had no idea the dispute was cancelled until today, as it pissed me off so much I didn’t even want to look at my account. Refund will be sent in a minute.

i don’t know how a long time member can get away with a cheap trick like this. First he shit on me for his own mistake with the tracking and calls me a scammer, then he bullshits some missing strap, plus exaggerates a scuff on the watch in a attempt to squeeze some money off me. Then he straight up filed a PayPal dispute despite it being expressly discouraged by the mods. To make matters worse he called me out in contrary to what he agreed to. I hope you’d understand why I have been so reluctant to deal with this issue at all.

This guy is a fucking asshole. After he made the dispute I really had no choice but to refund or risk a total loss, and right before the deadline he cancels it, so he would appear to have done what the mods requested. Which in the end would still leave me with no other choice but to refund him if I wanted to stay on the forum.

please, please penalise this guy. Don’t let him get away with this crap.

ill pay him 40€ if that’s ok. He asked for 50 but I think if I give him that I’d lose all my dignity lol, to bow to this cheapskate.

kkk12345m

24/11/18
Actually whatever the f*uck I will give this guy 50 since he said it’ll be donated. But hey no way of finding out is there, and I doubt a guy who grills me for months over a 15 euro difference has the heart for this kind of stuff. But who knows, once he confirms his PayPal email he’ll get his grail—a refund of 50€.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Hi I’ve come online. I didn’t think he took me up on the offer because he said nothing through pms for a couple of days after i offered it on my comment thread and I really needed to take some time off the forum to cool off so I can avoid arguing any further. I also had no idea the dispute was cancelled until today, as it pissed me off so much I didn’t even want to look at my account. Refund will be sent in a minute.

i don’t know how a long time member can get away with a cheap trick like this. First he shit on me for his own mistake with the tracking and calls me a scammer, then he bullshits some missing strap, plus exaggerates a scuff on the watch in a attempt to squeeze some money off me. Then he straight up filed a PayPal dispute despite it being expressly discouraged by the mods. To make matters worse he called me out in contrary to what he agreed to. I hope you’d understand why I have been so reluctant to deal with this issue at all.

This guy is a fucking asshole. After he made the dispute I really had no choice but to refund or risk a total loss, and right before the deadline he cancels it, so he would appear to have done what the mods requested. Which in the end would still leave me with no other choice but to refund him if I wanted to stay on the forum.

please, please penalise this guy. Don’t let him get away with this crap.

ill pay him 40€ if that’s ok. He asked for 50 but I think if I give him that I’d lose all my dignity lol, to bow to this cheapskate.

I'll draw your attention to what you wrote on the 5th August:

Firstly I would like to reiterate that even if i did forget to send a strap, and the watch had a scuff that I didnt mention, It doesnt immediately make me a scammer.

I took the photos right before posting the sales thread. I genuinely do not think that I couldve damaged the watch during the few day time window in bwtween creating the sales thread and actually posting the watch. Even if there was a tiny ding on the watch how on earth is that misdescription? It isnt like I said the watch was 'brand new' or 'used but in excellent condition'. It is as much my responsibility as a seller to mention the damage as it is yours, as the buyer, to check the images carefully and if in doubt you couldve asked me for a better closeup or something. I really did not see the 'ding' and hence I didnt mention it. Maybe I just assumed it looked quite good without serious damage to the casing because I didnt wear i, not once.

I did agree to a 50 euro refund and I apologize for taking the offer back. But I think my change of mind is justified becuase he kept on insulting me even after I agreed to refund. It isnt even a day after I raised the initial offer, and he already lost it. And since a 50:50 split is suggested, I thought a long time member would be more gracious and would accept that. But no he just went ahead and opened a dispute.

As for the strap, it is either I straight up lied, or that the buyer lied about not receiving it to get out of the sale/ to recoup some losses. In both cases, it is impossible to prove that either of us is at fault. The buyer can say I lied about the straps to increase the chance of a sale, I could also say that the buyer lied becuase the watch takes more money to fix than he had expected and hence he wanted a quick buck from a newb whom he thought would pay up when he threatened the dispute. I really do think that he just experienced buyer's remorse and wanted some money back to pay for the repair.

I think what I would do at this point is to just refund him 50 euro tomorrow and resolve the dispute. There isnt really anything I can do about it since the dispute was raised without approval and paypal never sides with the seller. Plus, there is no point letting this escalate and promote even more negativity in the forum. Theres a lesson in this for everyone, as someone suggested maybe do take pictures of the contents in the box before closing the box up. Hell, even take a video of youslef boxing it up to be safe. Or maybe just dont accept goods and service payments.

Considering the amount of insults he threw at me, and the repeated name-calling, I dont even know why I am still attempting to reason with the buyer lol. Seriously I dont know what he expects from me. That I take the loss when he still refers to me as mr. scumbag in public?

Thanks sales mods for all the attempts at resolving the issue. I really appreciate the effort you put in to make it a safe place for us to trade.

You haven't stopped criticising his behaviour in this children's farce, but you are now apparently going back on your word - and it doesn't bother you.

TBO, I don't give 2 shiny fucking shits what you do - but don't complain endlessly about somebody else's behaviour when yours is no better.

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Do you know what, the thread speaks for itself. I'm just glad it's over personally (pending payment).

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
Actually whatever the f*uck I will give this guy 50 since he said it’ll be donated. But hey no way of finding out is there, and I doubt a guy who grills me for months over a 15 euro difference has the heart for this kind of stuff. But who knows, once he confirms his PayPal email he’ll get his grail—a refund of 50€.

Mate you are making yourself sound pathetic, as he paid you with PayPal you should already have his email address, or is this another delaying tactic

kkk12345m

24/11/18
This asshole orchestrated the entire fuckfest to scam me, and I’m not ok with it. He then continues to play the victim/ good guy, and what pisses me off the most is for some inexplicable reason everyone is on his side.

Ill also draw your attention to the fact that I literally did not have a choice. He made a dispute, so I HAD to pay him 50. But on second thought I would rather lose out in full so he gets punished for an unapproved dispute than to give him what he wants and pay 50. So there’s that.

I never thought he cancelled the dispute because that fucker never told me in the few days following the cancellation. He also cancelled it last minute. So I went on vacation thanking that I refunded him in full and tossed this shitshow to the back of my head.

the sole reason I even decided to to respond to this obvious attempt to bully a new member was that I enjoyed my time here and thought rather highly of the members. But well, lol.

kkk12345m

24/11/18
man this is a fucking joke. He made a dispute even though it was not approved by the mods and cancelled it last minute. He obviously just wanted the money but not the consequences. He also claimed that he would be done with the forum and would leave and make a dispute but guess what the fucker is back with his shit.

Do you know what a dispute does to a PayPal account? Even if it’s cancelled I’ll face consequences.

Art Tic

Time Machine Collector
26/2/17
California
Wow! I just read 9 pages of this...
No one comes out ahead in this type of dispute. Personally, I'd pay the man, move on and keep my reputation. There are bigger fish to fry and other reps to buy.

Reactions: APjumbo

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
This asshole orchestrated the entire fuckfest to scam me, and I’m not ok with it. He then continues to play the victim/ good guy, and what pisses me off the most is for some inexplicable reason everyone is on his side.
Ill also draw your attention to the fact that I literally did not have a choice. He made a dispute, so I HAD to pay him 50. But on second thought I would rather lose out in full so he gets punished for an unapproved dispute than to give him what he wants and pay 50. So there’s that.
I never thought he cancelled the dispute because that fucker never told me in the few days following the cancellation. He also cancelled it last minute. So I went on vacation thanking that I refunded him in full and tossed this shitshow to the back of my head.
the sole reason I even decided to to respond to this obvious attempt to bully a new member was that I enjoyed my time here and thought rather highly of the members. But well, lol.

Seriously do you expect anyone to honestly believe that a member of 12 years bought a watch from you with the sole purpose of scamming you, why would he do that, surely someone who's been around so long and knows how things work would orchestrate a more elaborate scam with higher monetary gain, but according to you this evil mastermind set out to scam a broken watch from someone.

its not about taking sides caprice hasn't exactly covered himself in glory with his handling of this either, but your post repeating the same thing over and over again are making you look like an hysterical drama queen, pay the agreed refund, draw a line under it and move on, there are much more important thing in life to worry about, one last thing having a dispute against you on PayPal especially a cancelled one has absolutely no consequences against you or your account in future.

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07

And you called me insulting?....After talking to some longtime members and on advice of Trailboss I cancelled the dispute so you got what you wanted...Now just do what you said(twice) you would do and pay the refund....You agreed on the 50 euro, afterwards you decided to cancel that. I did not have to notify you as paypal notified you, I notified Raddave.....

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
What a shit show. Do either of you think that anyone on this forum is going to want to trade with you after this?

Reactions: Champsy and 5t3f4n

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
^^ Consequences.

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
What a total shit show !

kkk12345m

24/11/18
gave this dickhead a refund as per raddaves advice. the thing is he filed a paypal dispute without mods approval and that shouldve been it. Dont know why this carried on for as long as it did.

Reactions: Mr.Marbella

Revolper

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/7/18
I don’t know what everybody’s up to but I’m clearly siding with the new guy here. He has been forced into this shitfight by a member of 12 years (lol) that def should know better.

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
I don’t know what everybody’s up to but I’m clearly siding with the new guy here. He has been forced into this shitfight by a member of 12 years (lol) that def should know better.

sure bro....it seems you have not read the whole story...the scammer made a sale and did not deliver what was sold....and you expect that this would be accepted?

Revolper

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/7/18
sure bro....it seems you have not read the whole story...the scammer made a sale and did not deliver what was sold....and you expect that this would be accepted?

What I perceive is a member of 12 years that didn’t receive the expected killer deal miserably failing to follow the agenda.

And I see a newbie who (in my perception, at least) tried to stay reasonable to a point where he got cornered so much he wasn’t able to keep his cool any more.

If you’d complain about a not so smooth sale, I’d be with you. A scam? Not so much.

Reactions: KSwatches