• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

So I got scammed….twice here.....

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
Raddave as you know I realise how busy you guys are putting out all the fires and I highly appreciated your help and of BKG! as said on several occasions and I know sometimes you have to take a loss which I did with M42M42 and several others in the past...the other one is totally different...Clearly misdescribed and just not delivered what was posted and paid for and then I have to take 50% of the loss? That is not a good signal as scammers come away with it too easy..
But I agree this scambug will be back under another name....so I understand it will be difficult to get rid of these $%^sshats.

Last edited:

bkg!

Manui Dat Cognitio Vires
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
17/8/13
Somewhere in your peripheral vision
Seriously, I don't think that you want my input in this thread, as this is quite a sob story that is being spun. If I have to comment, the full story will be told, and I don't think you'd like that.

I'm not going to start suggesting a cease and desist, but believe me, throwing fuel on this fire won't end well.

Reactions: DD60

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
Sad to hear that this happened, I've probably purchased maybe 15 watches on my time here and only 3 had issues, 2 of which weren't really the sellers fault. One of the clones had a poorly assembled miyota which I had to send out to get cleaned, the other had a ticking time bomb 7750 movement. Always best to ask for more pictures if their pictures aren't clear/ try to stay with older reputable members.

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
M2M is wonderful but then occasionally you get bitten, I was scammed out of over $1400 once when some guy (old time member too) sold the same Franken to a few people and never delivered to any of them.

As for cosmetic conditions, a general rule I myself follow (and something that M2M sellers may want to consider IMO) is that once I've posted a watch for sale, I stop wearing it to preserve it in the same condition as described - even if it take weeks or months to sell.

Overall we just have to be a bit more careful, stick to pros and keep an eye out for bad signs.

Thats why I get a bit worried and like to comment "payment sent" if its my first time dealing with them, I think I've seen the thread where you got scammed, a few other members were involved too which sucks even more.

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
I am telling staff what to do??? Where do you read that? It is my opinion what would have been the right thing to do. Do I have to agree with things that aren't right when i am scammed?
So I making up things here... as in being spun?....No problem, let the truth come out, but then the whole truth with all pm's, I don't mind at all....no respect? to me it is clear now, I 've made my decision.

Reactions: Mike116

kkk12345m

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/11/18
Hi guys, I am the second seller that the dude called out... I didnt intend to reply because the mods stated clearly that there should be no interaction on the forum with each other and that we should walk our separate ways, but since the dude capice got to tell his side of the story I think it is only fair I get to tell mine. I know my time on the forum hasnt been long, and I havent had many sales here, but the few sales I did complete are all smooth. I can provide proof of that. Plus, this disagreement in a transaction doesnt immediately make someone a scammer right?

I sold the watch to the buyer in a used, not working condition. I never said the cosmetic condition was perfect, and I posted plenty of photos from different angles to try and let the potential buyers decide for themselves. If he doesnt agree with my defination of a 'good' cosmetic condition there is nothing I could do about it.
In fact, the watch was purchased from a m2m a while ago, and the watch arrived faulty. The stem pulled out, hence I sent it to a watchmaker who quoted me 300£. Obviously I didnt fix it, and it sat in a drawer ever since. After going on a long holiday I finally decided to try to fix the watch as a project myself but failed. Hence I decided to sell it on the forum to someone who could fix it such that a nice watch like this isnt wasted. My point is after I received the watch I never wore it, and the buyer claims that there is a ding, which he cant even capture on a photo for me to view. What kind of joke is that, trying to get me to refund for a issue he cant even prove to me that exists?

I included two straps in the package, and for god knows what reason the buyer claims to only have received one. Why on earth would I keep a strap On a watch I sold?? As youd know blancpain FFs comes with two clasps and two straps, and since I didnt sell the other one whered it go? Hence I came to the only logical conclusion, that the buyer wants to back out of the sale and hence made up and issue in order to get a refund. All because the watch wasnt as easy to fix as he initially thought. Anyways, it is my words against his, and as a seller what can I do when he threatens a paypal dispute? IF i really hadnt sent the second strap, I can refund the amount that the buyer needs to get a new one, and it is literally only 20£ on ebay. No reason he should ask for 50 euros.

I initially agreed to a 50euro refund only because the buyer repeatedly threatens a paypal dispute. However, After the buyer hurled a few more insults at me, and that the mods suggested a 35 euro refund, I decided there is no reason I should act out of good will and refund him 50 euros which I dont think the buyer deserves.

Fast forward to today, the buyer has neglected the advice from the mods and opened a paypal dispute despite getting no prior approval. And here I am getting sh*t on when I did nothing wrong (at least I dont think so.)

Its not like I havent been scammed here, in fact in my limited time here I have already been sent two watches that straight up doesnt work. But I dont make a big deal out of it, and I certainly didnt make a forum post dedicated to shaming the seller (I can provide proof of that as well)

Reactions: Ghostrider757

kkk12345m

24/11/18
I trusted this 'long time member' and allowed him to pay with paypal goods and services even knowing there is no way a seller doesnt take a loss when a dispute is raised. But I thought hed know better to not open a dispute without approval, turns out I was wrong. Dude literally threw everything away for 50 bucks and filed a dispute. Im at a loss for words.

I just feel like of you partake in a transaction within a forum, you should follow the rules.

kkk12345m

24/11/18
And thanks to that gentlemen, now I am labelled as a scammer-- even if I did forget to send a strap, which is highly unlikely, I dont think I deserve that LOL. Honestly I feel like I am getting scammed beacuse he filed a paypal dispute to coerce money out of me... funny how this all works

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Well if he filed a PayPal dispute without mod approval, speak to a mod.

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
Let the whole truth come out if mods allow to post all pm's, you lied from the beginning....keep on creeping in the victem role. I don't care about the money but I do care about scambugs like you not sending what is in the salesthread....The watch had a dent and the second strap wasn't there....I offered to send it back but you refused, well, here we are now....

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
capice e can you post some close-up good pictures of the damage? Looking at the seller's pictures I don't see anything significant. I'm not taking sides but I'm curious as to how significant the damage is. also why would you break the form rules and file a PayPal dispute without the mods approval? there's two sides to every story I know but I'm concerned that even if the story falls more in your favor you may end up in trouble for the dispute. .

Also when I read the original sales thread I see the term good condition. In my understanding I expect there to be hairlines and possibly some small nicks and scratches present since it's non functional and used. . The seller never said excellent condition or like new. Nothing that would lead me to expect a pristine piece. Also I'm confused because the description said two bracelets but there was never a second bracelet included in the pictures.

kkk12345m

I would suggest for future sales to follow a practice that I use. Once I have generated the shipping label with tracking information I take a series of pictures showing everything that is included in the box and pictures as it being wrapped showing all included parts are present and the layer of packing used. I also take a video showing all functions working correctly. in this case it will definitively shown if the bracelet was included or not and saved part of the headache you're currently dealing with.

is my hope that the two of you can work this out as it sounds like it's been very much less than amicable so far. I think it's time to take it back to the moderators and private messages to see if this can be worked out.

Perhaps an alternative agreement could be that you sell it as is and you in the buyer split the difference between what you are able to sell it for and what you paid? Just a thought as I don't like seeing animosity.

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
capice e can you post some close-up good pictures of the damage? Looking at the seller's pictures I don't see anything significant. I'm not taking sides but I'm curious as to how significant the damage is. also why would you break the form rules and file a PayPal dispute without the mods approval? there's two sides to every story I know but I'm concerned that even if the story falls more in your favor you may end up in trouble for the dispute. .

Also when I read the original sales thread I see the term good condition. In my understanding I expect there to be hairlines and possibly some small nicks and scratches present since it's non functional and used. . The seller never said excellent condition or like new. Nothing that would lead me to expect a pristine piece. Also I'm confused because the description said two bracelets but there was never a second bracelet included in the pictures.

kkk12345m

I would suggest for future sales to follow a practice that I use. Once I have generated the shipping label with tracking information I take a series of pictures showing everything that is included in the box and pictures as it being wrapped showing all included parts are present and the layer of packing used. I also take a video showing all functions working correctly. in this case it will definitively shown if the bracelet was included or not and saved part of the headache you're currently dealing with.

is my hope that the two of you can work this out as it sounds like it's been very much less than amicable so far. I think it's time to take it back to the moderators and private messages to see if this can be worked out.

Perhaps an alternative agreement could be that you sell it as is and you in the buyer split the difference between what you are able to sell it for and what you paid? Just a thought as I don't like seeing animosity.

thanks buddy, there was no other choice as there was agreed on a refund but the seller then changed his mind again...I wasn't expecting a pristine watch but in good cosmetic condition without dents on the lug wasn't what I got. I will post a photo tonight when I get home from work, which was also send to the seller on the day of arrival and to the mods

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I can see marks on the 1 o'clock lug and the 11 o'clock lug in the sales thread pics.

Taking pics of the items as they go into the parcel before shipping guarantees that you can prove you didn't forget to ship something - if you can't prove you shipped an item then you need to make financial amends - it's part of adult life.

Raising an unauthorised PP dispute is really not a good thing - I suggest you close it down and re-contact the mods who were dealing with this originally.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
capice Man, you have been here long enough to know the rules. Either you cancel the dispute or we have to remove you from RWI, thems the rules and you know it. Which is it going to be?

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
I know TB, but it is a matter of principle to me, as this scambug is allowed to sell his stuff, misdescribe and doesn't deliver what is in the salesthread, then this it will be, you can close my account....
I have dealt with a lot of great guys here in the past 12 years, some I have met in real life at GTG's who became true friends........ but I have had it with scammers who can get away with deceiving members

Reactions: Mike116

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Ah man, it seems to be silly season at the minute, a lot of good old members dropping like flies.

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
I can see marks on the 1 o'clock lug and the 11 o'clock lug in the sales thread pics.

Taking pics of the items as they go into the parcel before shipping guarantees that you can prove you didn't forget to ship something - if you can't prove you shipped an item then you need to make financial amends - it's part of adult life.

Raising an unauthorised PP dispute is really not a good thing - I suggest you close it down and re-contact the mods who were dealing with this originally.

Thanks bro, I thought the same so we I asked for a refund and after the mod helped out, we agreed on a refund but then mr scambug changed his mind and offered a lower amount.....That was the drop.....
I would follow your suggestion if there was any chance of a good solution but the mod who looked at this, took a stand which I have to accept but cannot follow,....I never had this issues in the 12 years on here or the other fora but the scams the last year made me feel sick with these scammers so if this is it, then I will leave.

Thanks GingerBubba, not my choice mate...but I know the rules and will have to follow them.

Last edited: