• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

So I got scammed….twice here.....

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
Rx4Time thanks for your effort, I send a pm to Trailboss this morning so let's wait for that.

Reactions: moopsy

Saulgman

Certified
21/9/16
I also got scammed for 1000€ once. Since then I've been very aware of who the seller is. From now on I only buy from reputable members with at least a couple of years activity and many valid post.

Last edited:

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Oh the PMs.I have been sitting on from the other site where I was offered additional straps but I decided to let that one die with the people.making all sorts of claims. Hell one POS even put false shipping dates and did not apologize when given the facts. Karma is a thing, I am sure of it.

I'd love to hear this story....if there's a pattern, this should be brought to the mods and trailbosses attention. If there is a scammer brewing this should be outed. If just poor sales practices then suggestions for improvement should be offered to save staff (and seller) the headaches. I don't know where the truth sits in this case, and I'm not going to pretend I know. Let's bear in mind, no additional strap was in the tagged pictures and sale approved as such ( not casting any aspersions as I cannot imagine the headaches the mods deal with looking over these sales threads, not to mention disputes like this), but there was never any evidence in the sale thread of the second straps existence.

DaleM

I'm Pretty Popular
25/8/18
Central Florida
I'd love to hear this story....if there's a pattern, this should be brought to the mods and trailbosses attention. If there is a scammer brewing this should be outed. If just poor sales practices then suggestions for improvement should be offered to save staff (and seller) the headaches. I don't know where the truth sits in this case, and I'm not going to pretend I know. Let's bear in mind, no additional strap was in the tagged pictures and sale approved as such ( not casting any aspersions as I cannot imagine the headaches the mods deal with looking over these sales threads, not to mention disputes like this), but there was never any evidence in the sale thread of the second straps existence.

Rx,
the guy was.from RG and I found out later banned here. He was a long time member over there and I posted a.feedback there. The white knights came galloping in on their unicorn ponies. I decided to let.my feedback stand on its own.

A certain member in this thread posted as false.timeline and I posted.up the real one. You would think men would own up to their dumbshit asshatery but this is the age of faux virtual fortitude.

I am reluctant to post his pms but it depends on him. I still consider private messages, private. Though the revenge portion of me wanted to pounce when he posted my pms. Maybe at.55 I don't have the drive to toss turds much anymore.

Last edited:

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
I appreciate your reply

Last edited:

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
Damn, I started reading this post about someone who wanted to speak his mind.
I did not see it coming how this post evolved...

I hope everyone involved settles down in peace and can accept the outcome.

Reactions: Hidenjoy

Rickjames111

5/9/17
St Louis, Mo
I also got scammed for 1000€ once. Since then I've been very aware of who the seller is. From now on I only buy from reputable members with at least a couple of years activity and many valid post.

This is a good practice, but as this thread and a few other instances recently has shown, even members that have years of activity and good deals can have issues. I agree it lessens the chances tremendously, but nothing is a sure thing when sending money to strangers across the web.

Last edited:

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Glad you're hanging around! That'd better not be a Cat Shelter though....

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
kkk12345m sounds like the ball is in your court. Can we please get this partial refund done so the whole thing is put to rest for good?

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
Till today, still nothing received...dispute was cancelled 3 days ago...and the scammer complaints I am disrespectful???

DaleM

I'm Pretty Popular
25/8/18
Central Florida
Being in the rep scene for more then 10 years I thought I had my fair share of dealing with scammers....I normally don’t post about scams which hit me unless as a warning for fellow members as I feel it is all part of the game but last year I got scammed by two members here in a very wrong way.

The first was M42M42 who sold a SD in March this year, never delivered and went silent until 21-06 when he logged in again which surprised me as I thought he was kicked off the forum. Raddave told me that he is blocked from buying or selling so at least members are protected against this %^&hole.

The second scam was by a newbie called kkk12345m. I bought a FF for repair “in good cosmetic condition with 2 straps”. As the communication was far from smooth and the seller was a newbie with no feedback I requested normal paypal which the seller agreed.

Got a wrong tracking after 3 days at first but that can happen….When I received the watch there was only 1 strap and the watch had a dent on one of the lugs and scratches.

I informed the seller and send photos of the dent within a minute or 2 after unpacking…. I won't get into all the nasty details in pm's as you can imagine I wasn't calling him mate...

His answer was I was a pain in the ass, he would not contact me again….

I pointed out he sold a watch with 2 straps, not 1 and the watch was described as in “good cosmetic condition”, the dent and scratches were not mentioned in the salesthread so I said I wanted to return the watch and asked for a full refund.

The seller replied that “good by no means mean perfect. I took a gamble and I wanted to return the watch because it couldn’t be repaired” and more crap…he suggested I made the scratches and dent myself...lol.

Called in the help of the mods which was highly appreciated, after that an amount for partial refund was agreed. What struck me and I really couldn’t understand was that after some more whining of the seller the mod suggested to both take 50% of the damage and non delivered strap…... then the seller got second thoughts because he thought I was being rude(lol) and wanted to refund less then what was agreed on.
I feel that misdescribing and not delivering what was paid for (maybe he wanted to sell the 2nd strap to make an extra buck elsewhere?, who knows) and me providing evidence of the damaged lug from this scamming newbie is not good enough.….I don’t care about the money, I lost way more than that over the years but for me it is a matter of principle... The watch was not as described correctly, maybe not deliberately I thought at first but after knowing the seller now I think it was deliberately misdescribed and the 2nd strap was not delivered…. this is a bad signal to all members and a reward to all scammers to just try and get away with a very small amount for refund....Unacceptable for me so I am forced to go the other way.

I f eel your pain and disappointment.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
kkk12345m sounds like the ball is in your court. Can we please get this partial refund done so the whole thing is put to rest for good?

Can you please remember whose house this is and leave it up to the staff here to decide what is being done?

Reactions: Glaude

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Whatever, come on capice dont throw 12 years on the forum away for 35 euro. I understand it's a matter of principle but the amount is ridiculous.
Karma is a bitch and if you've got taken advantage of it will come back. Lift the dispute and take the matter back to the mods.

This is what’s blowing my mind! On a used, non-working, self described/purchased “cheap”, non-working watch. I’m new here so I’ve just been watching, but let me ask this. With everything we now know, given the watch and it’s condition and just the final product/sale (one dinged watch and 1 strap) what is a fair price for the watch? Is it still within range of fair price? New, it’s at least a 400 watch. Correct?

Anyway... it looks like things are close to a resolution. I hope things get resolved in an amicable manner and everyone continues on. This has been a very interesting experience to read about and watch unfold.

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
dispute was cancelled 6 days ago on request...and again, no refund received.......?

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
dispute was cancelled 6 days ago on request...and again, no refund received.......?

He hasn't logged on since the 8th, he may be away as it's August. I suggest that instead of endlessly posting the same thing you send him an email and remind him of what he promised - to refund you.

Reactions: rj999

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
pm'd and emailed him but no reply as the scammer's usual way, Raddave then told me heard from bkg the seller 's pp could me messed up ...I called pp, nothing wrong with it they say.

Reactions: MrBeasy