• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

HELP: Daytona 4130 Noob V2

inncome

Looking Around
20/7/19
Guys,

Need some help here. So my Daytona 4130 Noob V2 just arrived safely today, but first thing I did after unpack was to try using the chronograph function. Nothing seems wrong but then suddenly everything stopped moving at ~57sec.. I made a reset and redo it several time, but the result was the same.. everything stuck at that spot.

Please check the video to see what I mean.

TD's response to my question is to wait the watch to fully run for a few more days in order to make the watch work "perfectly".. Is this a normal practice? or something must be wrong here. Please help check!

Last edited by a moderator:

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
something is wrong, i wouldn't use it until it gets serviced and looked at

MadWatcher

Known Member
20/3/19
When I first got mine it did that too but at the 12 o'clock position. When it did that the time would stops and I would have to adjust the time again. I would give it a quick shake and it would start moving again. So for the first month I wore the watch all the time and now it doesn't do that anymore. Sometimes now I would run the chronos for hours and it never stops at the 12 position anymore.

Last edited:

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
When I first got mine it did that too but at the 12 o'clock position. When it did that the time would stops and I would have to adjust the time again. I would give it a quick shake and it would start moving again. So for the first month I wore the watch all the time and now it doesn't do that anymore. Sometimes now I would run the chronos for hours and it never stops at the 12 position anymore.

Interesting, so a break-in period may be required. inncome have you done what your TD suggested?

Last edited:

inncome

Looking Around
20/7/19
Interesting, so a break-in period may be required. inncome have you done what your TD suggested?

Yes, that's what my TD suggested.. To wait for the break-in period.. I just found it doesn't make much sense, so wanna share this with other people here. Given if the watch goes through the break-in period, and works functionally, will there be any issues with the movement in the future?

Thank you MadWatcher for sharing this with us. At least I'm not the first one to experience this weird situation..

Art Tic

Time Machine Collector
26/2/17
California
The chrono second hand on my Noob Daytona 4130 stopped working after six months of infrequent use. Please let us know if you get yours figured out.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Well let's think about this quote and quote break in period. The watch was assembled, stored, QAd by the dealer and shipped from China. Even if the dealer didn't do anything besides wind it once to take some pictures, It would have been running for at least part of the time during it's shipment from China to you. when the dealer said let it run do they mean let the run with the chronograph running? My guess is there's something binding probably one of the gears in relation to the minute counter. Whether letting it run a couple days and encouraging it to move when it stops will help I don't know,but I'm doubtful. I do know this, I would send it out for a movement service.

inncome

Looking Around
20/7/19
Well let's think about this quote and quote break in period. The watch was assembled, stored, QAd by the dealer and shipped from China. Even if the dealer didn't do anything besides wind it once to take some pictures, It would have been running for at least part of the time during it's shipment from China to you. when the dealer said let it run do they mean let the run with the chronograph running? My guess is there's something binding probably one of the gears in relation to the minute counter. Whether letting it run a couple days and encouraging it to move when it stops will help I don't know,but I'm doubtful. I do know this, I would send it out for a movement service.

That's exactly what I thought and found it non-sense when TD replied so.. Will anyway wait and see for another day before trying to send it back and claim for a new one.

Cheers!

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
That's exactly what I thought and found it non-sense when TD replied so.. Will anyway wait and see for another day before trying to send it back and claim for a new one.

Cheers!

Where are you located? I honestly would recommend if you're able to, send it to one of the watchsmith's in the US or Europe who works on these to have a proper service performed. Sending it back to China you will endure customs risks in both directions without any customs guarantees from the dealer and have the pleasure of being at the mercy of the Chinese postal system. This is one of the few super clone movements that actually has good compatibility with genuine parts and it can be properly serviced.