• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Do you tell people your watch is real or fake?

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
last week I eat alongside a collector of luxury watches. I was with my pp and he told me it was a beautiful watch that he had long time ago ( he told me pay it 11k) I remained calm, we talked about watches and i not give him any explanation on my watch because he was a person I didn't know. then on the exit of the lunch restaurant we both climbed on our porsche and said goodbye. perhaps he also had a fake 15400? who can say. don't say anything to anyone and wear what you like.

Sorry. I don’t know the lingo but when you say you were with you “PP” - does that mean pen pal? Can’t figure it out. Sorry.

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Sorry. I don’t know the lingo but when you say you were with you “PP” - does that mean pen pal? Can’t figure it out. Sorry.

Patek Phillippe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Patek Phillippe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

So obvious. LOL It was the context and phrasing that threw me off. I was thinking “person” and couldn’t figure it out. Learned from reps a long time ago that it’s the little things that are going to drive me go madness. Thanks.

reppy

Renowned Member
14/1/17
Say my friend gave it to me
If someone tried to feed me a line like that, I will continue the conversation with some dicussion about you're telling me about $5000 or $10000 gifts and then call the person out on their fake watch.

In summary, dont wear subs. That is the most recognized watch and the most counterfeited. Somebody might hint, or they might not.

If you want wear a Rolex, wear a steel Daytona. Nobody will notice.
wtf are you talking about, everybody knows rolex Daytona, and many many people know what a Daytona costs

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
If someone tried to feed me a line like that, I will continue the conversation with some dicussion about you're telling me about $5000 or $10000 gifts and then call the person out on

Then you too would be a dickhead. Sorry mate but I hate people that call out others. I simply don't get what do you get by publicly embarrassing someone else just because something so unimportant as a watch.

Reactions: Glaude and Raddave

Champsy

15/4/18
UK
Gen is gen, rep is rep and Mod/frankens are just that, no need to tell porky’s about such things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlphaProt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
24/3/19
New Zealand
I’ve worn a gen and been called out as a fake. Lol so just wear what you like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Genera74

29/12/14
Then you too would be a dickhead. Sorry mate but I hate people that call out others. I simply don't get what do you get by publicly embarrassing someone else just because something so unimportant as a watch.

I agree. I don't see why you would feel the urge to call somebody out other than to feel you're superior to that person. Let alone you're also wearing one. If you enjoy this hobby, then let others feel it too

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
I agree. I don't see why you would feel the urge to call somebody out other than to feel you're superior to that person. Let alone you're also wearing one. If you enjoy this hobby, then let others feel it too

Exactly. Calling someone out doesn't only embarrass the other person, it embarrasses yourself too. You don't take your watches to an AD and don't call other fellow rep fans out. Period.

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
Exactly. Calling someone out doesn't only embarrass the other person, it embarrasses yourself too. You don't take your watches to an AD and don't call other fellow rep fans out. Period.
Agreed. I don't see any good reason to call out a brother of this hobby. There's enough shite in this world to make us all miserable, let's try not to sap the last bit of joy someone else might have by cosplaying as a discount dementor.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

PlastikMan

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/8/17
Agreed. I don't see any good reason to call out a brother of this hobby. There's enough shite in this world to make us all miserable, let's try not to sap the last bit of joy someone else might have by cosplaying as a discount dementor.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

The ultimate wanker would go to rep get together wearing a gen and calling everyone out

Reactions: Hinclimincli

elconquistador

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
10/6/10
A guy at work was wearing a rep diamond DJ, I pointed out that it was a rep.
He asked me what the tell was.
I said, the guy wearing it.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dano-D