• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Do you tell people your watch is real or fake?

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
No One interest in Gens at the moment, Super Reps unbelievable level now , so no one will think it’s Fake in your Wrist and sure 99% know nothing about watches..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: AussieWatcher

Sparq

Horology Curious
24/5/18
if people ask me if its real i just say "whatever you think, i dont care"
if people call me out (once someone said because he saw a similar one in the flea market for 7 euros in morocco) i just say "your opinions don't change the fact"

Gaslight16

Speed Demon
5/7/19
Singapore
I Guess it depends on the people you’re giving the answer to, usually for strangers or acquaintances, I would just say it’s gen lmao so they don’t further question. To close friends usually I’ll avoid the question by counter-asking them a question (i.e what do you think). For my inner circle, players of reps, Girlfriend and family of course they’ll know the full truth.

But then again, your lifestyle speaks more than the reps you wear at times. I’ve friends who are rich but wears reps and people assume they are gen. I’ve friends who would scrimp and save for their grail watch and people will call them out questioning it’s a rep. Just wear and do whatever you feel right and/or makes you happy !

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
i tell them my wife boobies are fake, thats enough to distract them

Is your watch real? Just curious.

As far as what “I tell people”, I’ve had very few people ask. A few friends - close friends, maybe. but not in any type of confrontational way.

I think I’ve had one person ask if it’s real. I think asking “is it real?” Is about as tacky as asking someone who’s wearing a gen watch “How much did you pay for that?” Even if you’re curious, you just don’t ask.

Reactions: Hinclimincli

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
It was more a question of, if you were asked the question how would you respond? If someone asks you how much did you pay for that how do you respond?
Hopefully, most people know not to be so tacky (unless they’re really close friends or family). That’s just inappropriate- whether it’s a $100 watch or a $100,000 watch.

And If was wearing a $50,000 watch and someone I barely know, asked me that question, I would not answer. For several reasons - the situation would dictate the reaction and reason but not answering would definitely be the appropriate and polite way to to go. I assume you’re asking in a casual acquaintance being 8n appropriately nosy context! If someone did ask how much I paid for a watch, my response would be somewhere between “non of your business” - gfy - and “it cost me my sanity” or “I paid for it with many long hours and nights and weekends.”

Last edited:

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
I was asked the how much question, which I also abhor, and I answered "that's something between me and the seller, but I got a good deal". I really dislike that question both about gens and reps.

antoktok

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/7/19
because I live in a 3rd world country, I would always say fake AND cheap as in below $50 cheap.
don't wanna get my hand chopped off trying to show off

Toscana

I'm Pretty Popular
Gold Patron
Certified
27/8/16
last week I eat alongside a collector of luxury watches. I was with my pp and he told me it was a beautiful watch that he had long time ago ( he told me pay it 11k) I remained calm, we talked about watches and i not give him any explanation on my watch because he was a person I didn't know. then on the exit of the lunch restaurant we both climbed on our porsche and said goodbye. perhaps he also had a fake 15400? who can say. don't say anything to anyone and wear what you like.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hinclimincli

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
In summary, dont wear subs. That is the most recognized watch and the most counterfeited. Somebody might hint, or they might not.

If you want wear a Rolex, wear a steel Daytona. Nobody will notice. The latest Noob Daytona, in my humble opinion. That goddamn watch, continues to impress me still. Check now, still at +5s after say 2 weeks (maybe more) of wear

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
In summary, dont wear subs. That is the most recognized watch and the most counterfeited. Somebody might hint, or they might not.

If you want wear a Rolex, wear a steel Daytona. Nobody will notice. The latest Noob Daytona, in my humble opinion. That goddamn watch, continues to impress me still. Check now, still at +5s after say 2 weeks (maybe more) of wear

Yep i agree with you.
Wearing a sub only attracts “bad” attention.
Go for another “believable” rep. the steel daytona is an amazing example

Sent from the RWI App

lonewolf92

Looking Around
18/6/19
Defiently depends on your lifestyle & career, however, wear as you please. Not to please others.

Kestembaum

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
21/7/19
EU
people hardly notice it at first glance. few know how to recognize details. snobs often only look at the brand to decide if you are worthy of them