• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Do you tell people your watch is real or fake?

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17

If you remain that cynical in life, nothing good will come from it! You'll achieve nothing! You'll probably end up as a moderator on a pointless forum, cyber bullying those who just want to sell their overpriced fake watches....

oh........

Reactions: Danii and freediver

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
If you remain that cynical in life, nothing good will come from it! You'll achieve nothing! You'll probably end up as a moderator on a pointless forum, cyber bullying those who just want to sell their overpriced fake watches....

oh........

Yeah ....exactly ..... i was just razzin you any ways :p

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
The only person who has ever hinted was one of my clients. He knows each monthly invoice had enough margin to purchase a gen. And I mostly bought rolexes at that time, a different rolex every meeting does raise some suspicion. Especially for a fella who he knows never wore a watch and was out and about in shorts & torn tshirt for most his adulthood.

Anyways, after that, whenever i meet this individual, wear only gen satellite controlled watches. Reason is I have gotten into a habit now to wear watches, and am particular on accuracy to a second, without pulling out my phone!

seeseoh

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/7/19
If someone ask I'll say it's a rep. But normally people won't notice and take a look at my watch lol

amplitude

Known Member
4/12/06
I'm a watchmaker, nobody ever asks. I'm sure they just assume they're real. But I only have 3 fakes in my collection. I am kind of fascinated by the higher end fakes now though. I'm about to buy a submariner and do what I can to make it as real appearing as possible.