• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Changed date around 1 AM on a rep with a 2824-2 clone movement... how bad was what I just did?

justchillinfambo

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/7/19
So I just got an ARF datejust 41 and I love it, and when setting the time I thought I had it all the way out when in reality I did not. I changed the date once. And the time was about an hour past midnight.

Everything still seems to work okay, but I have always heard it's bad to change the date from 8pm to 1am, so considering this is some clone movement that I don't know the real quality of, I'm a bit anxious.

Did I mess up real bad?

Art Tic

Time Machine Collector
26/2/17
California
I am sure your watch is fine. I heard it is a no-no to do this with clone 7750 movement, but A2824 too?
As a habit, I always quickset date/day when the hour hand is below 3-9.

ShovelnTC

Renowned Member
14/6/13
AU
It can cause problems but not in every case, it's a precaution that should be taken but don't lose sleep if you forgot.

Bassy2000

Known Member
1/12/17
Why is this exactly? Newb alert

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

The date changes at midnight. However the gears for that change engage earlier (around 9pm) and disengage later (around 3 am). Quicksetting the date between those two time points could damage the movement and result in misaligment of the date in the date window.