• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

thin dress watch suggestions

JOP

Renowned Member
30/1/17
Hi Guys, I'm looking for thin dress watches any suggestion?

Thanks,

Tell us something about you dude, anything that can show your taste. What kind of music you like for example?

sgt.njoy

M2M Camper
Certified
2/10/18
Illinois
Any JLC. For me it is the moonphase silver dial on black leather with deployment clasp. I will post pics, but picr.me seems to be down.

JLC, moonphase +1. My other watches stands out too much lol.

JumpiterT

Known Member
1/5/18
Any JLC. For me it is the moonphase silver dial on black leather with deployment clasp. I will post pics, but picr.me seems to be down.

I was looking at it which version is best? There’s about 3 factories that makes this watch.

Ralphy

SalesMod CodeName Duchess
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
I was looking at it which version is best? There’s about 3 factories that makes this watch.

Right now the ZF is the best one, that's what I have. I had also bought a different version that was nice, but the ZF is really good.

Reactions: csthe

JumpiterT

Known Member
1/5/18
Consider the 7mm thick Vacheron Constantine Patrimony Calatrava

https://puretimewatch.io/patrimony-...e-dial-on-blue-leather-strap-miyota-9015.html

There also is an 8.8mm version with second hand and date window.

https://puretimewatch.io/patrimony-...-dial-on-black-leather-strap-miyota-9015.html

I cant wait for them to make more reps at 7mm. I really want a JLC in 7mm. I might get called out for the VC.

7mm would be nice. I have a gen omega deville at 8mm makes my sub feel like a fat granny.

Ralphy

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
That’s great many thanks! Will definitely get one now.

Rza8Cxml.jpg

b3HUYIX.jpg

MeLopRepz17

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/9/17
Ralphy the combination with with the suit :notworthy:

I'm actually conflicted between having a JLC moonphase or a PP Calatrava for a modern dress watch. I'm pretty sure M2M availability will make the decision for me though......

Ralphy

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
Ralphy the combination with with the suit :notworthy:

I'm actually conflicted between having a JLC moonphase or a PP Calatrava for a modern dress watch. I'm pretty sure M2M availability will make the decision for me though......

I just feel like a JLC is more sensible, maybe not this exact model, but if you were to compare a PP to a JLC, they both have status but the JLC is more modest in stature compared to PP. but again the moonphase probably doesn't count LOL. I am pretty much set on swapping this one out for the JLC ultra thin when I get around to it. More like the Calatrava, more simplistic and classic. At least that IMHO.

MeLopRepz17

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/9/17

Woah that actually looks really nice. The one gripe I've always had with the moonphase is well it's obviously not lowkey and I think the moonphase is slightly inaccurate(most people won't know/care, but for me it's self satisfaction).

ZF has been putting out really good reps. Has their QC process been made better in the recent years? I remember back when I was introduced to this hobby I ordered a ZF BPFF as my first rep from a TD. I had to reject 5 watches before I got one without crooked numbers(well, the 12 was still crooked but I deemed it acceptable).

Genera74

29/12/14
I also plan to get the JLC master control without the moonphase. Moonphase is def nice - saw one in an AD and its a looker but it will attract attention for sure. Between JLC and PP, go with jlC for low key