• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

0 posts seller

Pickledbeetroot

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/12
For new sellers who are eligible to sell, you could always try to find a trusted middle man to receive the watch. Basically, seller ships watch to middle man (like a mod or someone else trusted), middle man confirms correct watch, condition, etc., buyer pays, middle man ships to buyer.

Again, I would ONLY do this if the seller is eligible to sell and obviously if they wouldn’t be willing to do this, something is up.

:lmao:

middle for diddle,

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
why don't be more active in forum, stay for a while and then be eligible ? :p

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
seller ships watch to middle man (like a mod or someone else trusted), middle man confirms correct watch, condition, etc., buyer pays, middle man ships to buyer

Lol count me out. RWI gives me enough headaches and I have seen way too much as a "go between" for buyers and sellers already. I have donated parts to people and so have other mods just to settle a dispute, imagine if the watch is faulty, who ends up liable? "Seller: well it was perfect when I sent it out".

Rickjames111

5/9/17
St Louis, Mo
Lol count me out. RWI gives me enough headaches and I have seen way too much as a "go between" for buyers and sellers already. I have donated parts to people and so have other mods just to settle a dispute, imagine if the watch is faulty, who ends up liable? "Seller: well it was perfect when I sent it out".

Nothing is perfect, but I have seen other sales sections on other forums use this method with success when there is concern. The products were not watches and it is a little more in depth obviously than I described, but if the OP wanted to deal with someone who is new or doesn’t have feedback established and is worried, this could be an option as long as the sales rules were followed. I can also understand why someone wouldn’t want to be a middle man, but that is easily solved by agreeing that if the watch shows us faulty, they are not liable.

This method removes all risk from the seller and if a new user is trying to establish feedback, it is a win/win. I’m not suggesting it be common practice or anything, just a way to help out when the situation arises.

Art Tic

Time Machine Collector
26/2/17
California
Very good idea but difficult to execute. You are basically asking Mods to do escrow service, which not going to work unless they are paid a fee for their troubles. And even then, I doubt they would do it since they have lives outside of this forum.

bananakid0

Supporter
Certified
13/12/15
UK
If he has 8 posts today and none previously I want to know about it please. This looks like a set up to become eligible to sell. This always raises alarm bells for us.

Got another one for you: Nottingham

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
Nothing is perfect, but I have seen other sales sections on other forums use this method with success when there is concern. The products were not watches and it is a little more in depth obviously than I described, but if the OP wanted to deal with someone who is new or doesn’t have feedback established and is worried, this could be an option as long as the sales rules were followed. I can also understand why someone wouldn’t want to be a middle man, but that is easily solved by agreeing that if the watch shows us faulty, they are not liable.

This method removes all risk from the seller and if a new user is trying to establish feedback, it is a win/win. I’m not suggesting it be common practice or anything, just a way to help out when the situation arises.
Absolutely not happening here

Terrible idea

Sent from my Noob v9.5

Reactions: Glaude