• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Which quality is this Audemars Piguet Oak?

kozee

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/3/14
Hello guys,

I'm staying in Turkey, Bodrum for 1 week.
I have already bought in the past a Rolex Noob and a Hublot v6.5 ceramic black with ss bezel.

Now yesterday I got adress from a friend of a good rep shop in Bodrum.
I've bought an AP for 140€ (950lira) and the quality looked very good. After some investigation I saw this is not an ETA like the seller said but Quartz.
I dont care I got a Quartz because its not that bad but only I want to know if I paid too much?

I found these watches also on aliexpress and there it was for like 40 euro...
I'm also a member of the dutch rwf forum and they said its a quartz and is maximum 60€ worth.

But the build quality is very good, also the weight is nice so I really dont know which quality I have in my hand.

I will go tonight back for more information.

I will post some pictures, maybe you can help me out.

https://ibb.co/mTMcF2C
https://ibb.co/d0BV3G1
https://ibb.co/s6cdRK0
https://ibb.co/BtqZ1zt
https://ibb.co/hsxgwVB

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
Compared with an XF / JF? It’s complete shit.

But you paid €40 for something that cost $5 to make so what do you expect?

kozee

15/3/14
Compared with an XF / JF? It’s complete shit.

But you paid €40 for something that cost $5 to make so what do you expect?

but XF / JF is like 400 or more price range? I dont need that but I just dont like being fucked for 3 double price.
I paid 140€ not 40, but the quality feels really good. Its not like the cheap shit from other sellers that cost like 70. But still I dont know what quality I bought.
Im going back to his shop to get information about this matter because I dont like being fucked over.

He know I have knowledge about reps but I dont know he would fuck me over like that. He even want to do water test etc...

Phoenixboy

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/19
Devon
You’ve paid pretty much the going rate in turkey, tho am a little surprised it’s a quartz.
its the old adage, you get what you pay for.
i wouldn’t say they were rubbish if there anything like the stuff they sell in marmaris, but there an average quality rep.

Reactions: kozee

kozee

15/3/14
You’ve paid pretty much the going rate in turkey, tho am a little surprised it’s a quartz.
its the old adage, you get what you pay for.
i wouldn’t say they were rubbish if there anything like the stuff they sell in marmaris, but there an average quality rep.

what do you mean with surprised about the quartz?
seller said and also another shop with lady who is in contact with td in china this is a decent watch.

its even safer than my hublot eta they said.
So this is just a normal average rep? Not shit quality like 50€ aliexpress?

because this one looks really nice, build quality is decent and the weight is also nice.

i just want to be sure i didnt overpay double because then im going back to ask my money back.

I should keep this watch and enjoy it?

because I dont want to pay for the jf or xf (500$)

kozee

15/3/14
So quartz is battery powered? i really dont like that actually.

my girlfriend bought a nice rep in another stop with seiko mechanic movement (winding) and only paid 80€...

lorenzo1910

I'm Pretty Popular
12/2/18
Tuscany - Italy
my girlfriend bought a nice rep in another stop with seiko mechanic movement (winding) and only paid 80€...
A chrono mech Seiko for 80€? Mmmmhh, I don't believe so... maybe it was a Mechaquartz (like that you're asking info...)

------------------------------

I dont care I got a Quartz because its not that bad but only I want to know if I paid too much?

So quartz is battery powered? i really dont like that actually.

So, you like it or not?

BTW, yes that watch is the same than those that are sold on DHGate for 40€....
That seller bought the watch there for 40€ a now he sold it (to you) for 140€... That's simple.

Last edited:

Phoenixboy

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/19
Devon
I can only comment on my experience with the shop I dealt with in marmaris.
i would expect a Ap of that price to be automatic.
you need to do your research first, not after you buy.
i am not saying a quartz will fail, just I would expect an automatic at that price regardless of quality.

lorenzo1910

I'm Pretty Popular
12/2/18
Tuscany - Italy
ust I would expect an automatic at that price regardless of quality.
Automatic what?! An automatic chrono for 140€?! No way.
Maybe a simple automatic watch with FAKE counters...
There are many TDs that sell the Mechaquartz replicas for around 120$
An automatic mechanical chrono (usually Asian 7750) sell for 250$

Last edited:

kozee

15/3/14
Automatic what?! An automatic chrono for 140€?! No way.
Maybe a simple automatic watch with FAKE counters...
There are many TDs that sell the Mechaquartz replicas for around 120$
An automatic mechanical chrono (usually Asian 7750) sell for 250$

Whats a mechaquartz? Is it possible mine is mechaquartz?

and which td sell this one with asian 7750? Is there alot of difference with an eta?

thankyou for your information

gigi77

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/17
Search this (dhgate): " [h=1]Classic Luxury Watch Quartz Chronograph Sports Professional Co-Axial man designer Mens Watches Watch Reloj Watches Wristwatches"[/h]
24$

kozee

15/3/14
Search this (dhgate): " [h=1]Classic Luxury Watch Quartz Chronograph Sports Professional Co-Axial man designer Mens Watches Watch Reloj Watches Wristwatches"[/h]
24$

You think this is the same as mine?
or its possible mine is better quality?

gigi77

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/17
You think this is the same as mine?
or its possible mine is better quality?

Difficult to say, just to show you that between 24$ and 100$ there are many "lower tier" AP RO Chronos on dhgate. They all feel heavy... your may be a better one but I do not really know.

kozee

15/3/14
Difficult to say, just to show you that between 24$ and 100$ there are many "lower tier" AP RO Chronos on dhgate. They all feel heavy... your may be a better one but I do not really know.

Is there any way I can test it?

open it or something?

lorenzo1910

I'm Pretty Popular
12/2/18
Tuscany - Italy
and which td sell this one with asian 7750? Is there alot of difference with an eta?
It's clear that you speak about something that you don't know... what is an ETA in your mind?
ETA in replicas are (swiss or chinese clone) simple movement (Hours/Minutes/Seconds) used in simple watches (no complications like chronograph)
ETA is the name of the company that made the very well known 2824 and 2836 movements...
7750 is a chrono caliber (movement) from another swiss company (Valjoux) and it has been cloned aswell...
Hence... usually we ask for an ETA (2824 or 2836) in the Submariner or Datejust or any other "hour-min-sec" watch to ensure a good reliability and easy sourcing of spare parts.

Usually mech chrono watches use the 7750 clone and they are sold for around 250-300$ but the price may vary up to 500$ (better the finish more the cost)
Yes, all the TDs have AP chronos equipped with 7750... go have a look...

kozee

15/3/14
It's clear that you speak about something that you don't know... what is an ETA in your mind?
ETA in replicas are (swiss or chinese clone) simple movement (Hours/Minutes/Seconds) used in simple watches (no complications like chronograph)
ETA is the name of the company that made the very well known 2824 and 2836 movements...
7750 is a chrono caliber (movement) from another swiss company (Valjoux) and it has been cloned aswell...
Hence... usually we ask for an ETA (2824 or 2836) in the Submariner or Datejust or any other "hour-min-sec" watch to ensure a good reliability and easy sourcing of spare parts.

Usually mech chrono watches use the 7750 clone and they are sold for around 250-300$ but the price may vary up to 500$ (better the finish more the cost)
Yes, all the TDs have AP chronos equipped with 7750... go have a look...

Thankyou for your information.
Still I dont know which movement is in this AP...
is it worth the 140€ or I should ask my money back and say they lied to me?

thanks in advance

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Run the Chronograph. If the large Chronograph hand sweeps at 6 bps then it's a Seiko VK (mecaquartz). If it ticks once per second then it's a lower quality movement.

lorenzo1910

I'm Pretty Popular
12/2/18
Tuscany - Italy
How can I confirm this?

As Rx4Time said above ^
Run the chronograph, if the seconds hand runs smooth is a Mechaquartz...
I bet it is... the counter at 2 o clock' has the minute counter... actually is a 24hours counter that shows if your time is AM or PM (in fact it has 24 indices)... many chrono today sports this kind of movement (made by Seiko or Miyota)...

If you want a mechanical AP chronograph replica be prepared to spend much more money...

Last edited: