• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Customs Problem

farcast

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/12/18
Hi everyone,

My watches are being held by customs for a month now. At first, they asked me to provide a proof of payment to support the $22 declaration of the TD, of which I provided (I forged it). After that, my conversation with the seller, puretime of which I forged as well. Problem is upon inspection of my parcel they valued the items at $68k USD with duties and penalties amounting to $40k(due to the items being undervalued)! The contents are a ZF Aquanaut and a XF AP Diver. I told them that the watches only went out of the country for repair. I forged a flight itinerary as proof that I really went to Hongkong to get the watches repaired. I got a call from DHL and advised me to appear in their office to talk to the customs chief because I did not have sufficient documents to prove the repair. I went to the office and talked to the chief he told me that the watches cannot get a tax exception for repair because they did not have a certificate of identification when I left the country so there is no way to know that same items left the country, so I'm really going to have to pay the duties. After careful negotiation with the customs chief, he told me to bring him a certificate of repair and a signed notarized affidavit acknowledging my accountability, stating the watches are not fake, and that the watches really went out for repair and we can talk about how much I should pay. Problem is if I bring him the signed affidavit, it would put me in a really bad position because I forged so much documents. As far as i know customs can easily check with immigration to verify my flight itinerary.

I then asked DHL if I would get some sort of a letter of seizure if I do not pay the duties and just let it go. The DHL broker told that it would only be considered as abandonment so I would not receive any type of letter. I thought about admitting the watches are fake so I could get a cause for seizure (so I could get a letter from customs and get a refund from puretime) however I could then face charges for knowingly importing replica items or whatsoever. I talked to Puretime about this and they told me to just show them the letter of seizure so they could resend the watch. However the watches are not seized! Customs are only making me pay the duties and taxes. I really don't want to go through all these trouble anymore cause I'm too deep in this shit already lmao.

Really hope I could just let it go and get a refund from Angus.

Any advice from you guys?

Here are the valuation from customs and their computation of penalties.

https://imgur.com/3vEoG46
https://imgur.com/pWycCCP

DHL telling me that there would be no letter:

(EDITED)

Last edited:
Reactions: axel.gold

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Wow you dug your self a hole , did you consult puretime before you forged documents ?

Reactions: erekose

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Yes. We have been coordinating with each other every step of the way. They provided me the invoices, etc.
OK , i really have no idea what to say or do , hopefully one of the other members has a suggestion ...

Pdatoon

Renowned Member
2/2/19
Tell them you dont accept the import taxes and duties and have the watches sent back to PT, and you agree too pay the shipping fees.

farcast

14/12/18
Tell them you dont accept the import taxes and duties and have the watches sent back to PT, and you agree too pay the shipping fees.

I told them exactly this. They said they could not do it because it was undervalued (something like that) and they would just auction the watch and consider it abandoned.

Pdatoon

Renowned Member
2/2/19
I told them exactly this. They said they could not do it because it was undervalued (something like that) and they would just auction the watch and consider it abandoned.

Who said that ? the Customs ? What country are you in ?

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
You really dug yourself into a hole. If you had just claimed that you had no knowledge of this package you would have been fine. I'd consider it a total loss at this point.

Reactions: rj999 and r0b9502

farcast

14/12/18
You really dug yourself into a hole. If you had just claimed that you had no knowledge of this package you would have been fine. I'd consider it a total loss at this point.
Yeah it’s really sad. I notified Puretime when it was held and according to them, if I submit the documents they think I should be fine and the package should be released. They also said that in their experience these kind of things happen in other countries but not in the Philippines. But apparently it is not the case. I’ve shipped watches before thru DHL before and everything went smoothly. I think luck is not with me this time lol

farcast

14/12/18
Yeah it’s really sad. I notified Puretime when it was held and according to them, if I submit the documents they think I should be fine and the package should be released. They also said that in their experience these kind of things happen in other countries but not in the Philippines. But apparently it is not the case. I’ve shipped watches before thru DHL before and everything went smoothly. I think luck is not with me this time lol

gigi77

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/17
I would delete this topic since your tracking can be found here with a google search... even your name aaronsi@@@@lirao can be seen. Pay attention, if DHL or a government agency looks for these data you will be in a dep shit. What i would do? Ghost them and let them auction it.

Then see with puretime if the can give you at least a partial refund. the tracking (puretime can verify it is the same they used) and the documents you have show that this is not some bullshit/scam from your side.

farcast

14/12/18
I would delete this topic since your tracking can be found here with a google search... even your name aaronsi@@@@lirao can be seen. Pay attention, if DHL or a government agency looks for these data you will be in a dep shit. What i would do? Ghost them and let them auction it.

Then see with puretime if the can give you at least a partial refund. the tracking (puretime can verify it is the same they used) and the documents you have show that this is not some bullshit/scam from your side.

Thanks for the advice. I deleted my tracking. I can pretty much prove all documents sent to me by DHL and customs because they were sent by the official DHL agent’s email. The penalties quotation was presented to me when I was in their office but I am sure that i can request it be sent by their official email as well.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
I would say, take the hit, it's not puretime fault so you can't ask them to do more than what they already done, maybe if you ask them nicely they'll agree to send them back, but there's usually no refund policy for such situation with TD.

Any attempt of forging document or lying again could get you in trouble, just abandon the shipment

Reactions: axel.gold

gigi77

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/17
I would say, take the hit, it's not puretime fault so you can't ask them to do more than what they already done, maybe if you ask them nicely they'll agree to send them back, but there's usually no refund policy for such situation with TD.

A custom seizure is not exactly what the TD policy covers?

gigi77

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/17
Yes but by sending again, not by refund

Yes of course, I first understood that in your opinion they should not do anything at all.

OP, I wonder what happens if you ghost them (no writing and talking to them anymore) and they auction the two watches. At that point they will discover they are reps... and then?