Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

Customs Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gigi77 View Post
    I would delete this topic since your tracking can be found here with a google search... even your name [email protected]@@@lirao can be seen. Pay attention, if DHL or a government agency looks for these data you will be in a dep shit. What i would do? Ghost them and let them auction it.

Then see with puretime if the can give you at least a partial refund. the tracking (puretime can verify it is the same they used) and the documents you have show that this is not some bullshit/scam from your side.
    Thanks for the advice. I deleted my tracking. I can pretty much prove all documents sent to me by DHL and customs because they were sent by the official DHL agent’s email. The penalties quotation was presented to me when I was in their office but I am sure that i can request it be sent by their official email as well.

Comment

I would say, take the hit, it's not puretime fault so you can't ask them to do more than what they already done, maybe if you ask them nicely they'll agree to send them back, but there's usually no refund policy for such situation with TD.

Any attempt of forging document or lying again could get you in trouble, just abandon the shipment

Comment

Originally posted by Glaude View Post
        I would say, take the hit, it's not puretime fault so you can't ask them to do more than what they already done, maybe if you ask them nicely they'll agree to send them back, but there's usually no refund policy for such situation with TD.
        A custom seizure is not exactly what the TD policy covers?

Comment

Originally posted by gigi77 View Post

A custom seizure is not exactly what the TD policy covers?
          Yes but by sending again, not by refund

Comment

Originally posted by Glaude View Post

Yes but by sending again, not by refund

Yes of course, I first understood that in your opinion they should not do anything at all.

OP, I wonder what happens if you ghost them (no writing and talking to them anymore) and they auction the two watches. At that point they will discover they are reps... and then?

Comment

Yea, as another has already said, you should have just denied all knowledge of any package when customs asked you to come in to explain. Forging documents, teasing and playing around with Duterte's minions was plain stupid. Of course many have already pointed it out, although in softer words.

What you have to do: firstly, go down on your knees, fold your hands and pray to the Lord that this was not a shipment of drugs! Secondly, forget about this while praying again that they do not come after you to collect duties, taxes, fines and such!! Your best option is they say to you that they will auction, while actually the customs officers will be strutting around with some new PP and AP

A most interesting anecdote though. I was sort of in this situation once, tracking said package was held by customs. I had resolved to deny everything, and had also mentioned this resolution in a post on this forum. Luckily, I just received the package a week or so later.

Comment

Why not just pay the duties and penalties and stay within the bounds of the law?

Comment

Originally posted by m800 View Post
                  Why not just pay the duties and penalties and stay within the bounds of the law?
                  Pay $40K in duty and fees for 2 rep watches? I wouldn't.
                  Like many others, I am seeking a decent TC16610

Comment

lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Art Tic View Post

Pay $40K in duty and fees for 2 rep watches? I wouldn't.
                      Why not? $40k is certainly a lot less expensive than purchasing the gens. Pay the import customs. Then by doing so, you pretty much validate their authenticity as gen watches and have proof from a government agency, to show the naysayers.
                      Last edited by m800; 11-07-19, 18:06.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that this has happened to you. I'm U.S.-based, but I've had nothing but bad luck from DHL. In fact, the only time I spoke with a U.S. Customs official on the phone (denying any knowledge, speculating that the watch must've been sent as a gift, etc.) I got the agent to admit that at least at my local Customs office, the bulk of the private packages they receive for inspection were sent over from DHL. This is just my personal experience, but I will NEVER use those bastards to ship anything – Rep or otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by W124E View Post
                          I'm sorry to hear that this has happened to you. I'm U.S.-based, but I've had nothing but bad luck from DHL. In fact, the only time I spoke with a U.S. Customs official on the phone (denying any knowledge, speculating that the watch must've been sent as a gift, etc.) I got the agent to admit that at least at my local Customs office, the bulk of the private packages they receive for inspection were sent over from DHL. This is just my personal experience, but I will NEVER use those bastards to ship anything – Rep or otherwise.
                          agree. these private shippers...fed ex/DHl, ect...do not follow the same policies as government run mail services. search online and you'll see more stories like this. sorry it happened. I'm with everyone else....walk away. Quit responding.

Comment

Why not? $40k is certainly a lot less expensive than purchasing the gens. Pay the import customs. Then by doing so, you pretty much validate their authenticity as gen watches and have proof from a government agency, to show the naysayers.

Yeah, or, if he has 40k to spare like that, abandon them, and spend 40k in other rep, you can build a serious collection with that sort of money.

If you are here to fool people with rep watch, you choose the wrong hobby and wrong forum I'm afraid (plus he would only have a tax receipt, not a proof of authenticity)

Comment

My wife read this and said, "that's The Kardashian logic", whatever that means.
                              Like many others, I am seeking a decent TC16610

Comment

That is a GENIUS plan. Made my day, really. So, in your mind, you would have an Aquanaut and an Audemars Piguet Diver "for just $40,000", that were magically turned into gens.

Absolute genius, sir. I am literally standing up and clapping now, lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X