Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

Grand Seiko reps....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grand Seiko reps....

Does anyone know if there are grand seiko reps out there? I love the look of the spring drives , just dont love the price

I don’t think you’ll find one as they aren’t all that popular. But out of curiosity, are you trying to find a clone of the movement too or just the dial /case?

Comment

I have an older Grand Seiko (not SD) that I wore daily for years when I was in my thirties, and every facet of the watch exudes exquisite craftsmanship. Too bad the brand is sort of underrated by the watch collecting community.
      Like many others, I am seeking a decent TC16610

Comment

that movement seems like it'd be tough to clone. i have a gen grand seiko, forget the reference atm but i do love it. i don't love that's it's worth less now than when i bought it lol, but i don't care
        18 watches already ? 8 keepers, 4 for the kids, rest for sale.
        Hoping to add some replicas soon

Comment

I'm not specifically looking for the spring drive movement. I just want something that is luxury and not every Tom dick and harry have one. I like getting the "what kind of watch is that" question when wearing something. Not the immediate "that's a fake" or "is that real" question

Comment

The point of a Grand Seiko is the exacting detail...not seeing how any rep could come close.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by erekose View Post
              The point of a Grand Seiko is the exacting detail...not seeing how any rep could come close.

They can't. And the spring drive movement is not going to be repped anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by erekose View Post

Which gen manufacturers have, as an objective, to see how many reps can come close?

Comment

Grand Seiko is cheap already IMO, so why look for a rep?

It's not like a 15k rolex or more.

Comment

Originally posted by BEAniev1! View Post
                    Grand Seiko is cheap already IMO, so why look for a rep?

It's not like a 15k rolex or more.
                    Cheap? Are you serious?

Comment

Originally posted by dncnexus View Post

They can't. And the spring drive movement is not going to be repped anytime soon.
                      Of course they could rep a GS if they thought there was a demand. The quality of replicas these days is outstanding. No one reps any movement to the extent of the unique mechanical features some high end watches have to any truly excellent extent. They just dress ‘em up. Absurd to to think a simple old GS couldn’t be copied. But people want recognisable luxury with their replicas and therefore probably not seiko. Although there have been some rubbish seiko fakes. Perhaps there is or will be a GS replica soon as Seiko are really pushing the line and creating some very high value pieces so who knows what the future holds.
                      Last edited by BenjaminButton; 11-07-19, 18:55.

Comment

The Grand Seiko Snowflake is one of my grail watches and I wouldn’t mind paying gen

Comment

I will own a gen GS one day only luxury watch that I think is really worth the money

Comment

Originally posted by BlakeDrinkHard View Post
                            I'm not specifically looking for the spring drive movement. I just want something that is luxury and not every Tom dick and harry have one. I like getting the "what kind of watch is that" question when wearing something. Not the immediate "that's a fake" or "is that real" question
                            The thing is that a Grand Seiko is exactly the opposite to that. No one will ask you what watch is that because for most of the people except the true conoisseurs, it will just be a Seiko. And whoever that knows what really is a Grand Seiko, they will know that the beauty of a GS is in the detail, not in the general feeling. There was already a discussion about that, check the detailed photos of the zaratsu-polished hands, compared to Rolex, Omega and Patek (only the Patek ones are close): https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...d-seiko-repped

Comment

^^^Thanks for pointing towards that thread somehow I missed it. After looking at that I'm even more convinced that I will get a GS as soon as I can, truly beautiful master pieces!

Comment

Working...
                              X