• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Caution when paying with a credit-card on TD websites.

GoldHeart

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/1/22
Wow, good advise. Wish I would have read this before I ordered my first replica. I hope that wont happen with any of the trusted dealers listed in this forum.

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Wow, good advise. Wish I would have read this before I ordered my first replica. I hope that wont happen with any of the trusted dealers listed in this forum.

Its not the TD cheating you, its the third party that works with TDs.
Just have a look on your CC receipe!

GoldHeart

21/1/22
Its not the TD cheating you, its the third party that works with TDs.
Just have a look on your CC receipe!

The purchase that I recently made has me worried. The dealer said that he wouldn't be able to make the watch until after the Chinese New Year. I asked would my payment be processed and he said everything would be done after the 10th of Feb. So assumed the payment would be canceled. The payment has showed up on my CC statement. I reached out to the TD to ask were we good? Did he take the payment and would work on the watch but no reply. It was a TD from this site. So, should I cancel payment? Any advise?

Southgates

Looking Around
11/2/22
United Kingdom
Hello

I have been chatting to M and he mentioned wise.com as a method of payment from the UK as a newbie any help / advice would be appreciated.

flashu

Tequila Patron
Supporter
Certified
5/2/22
EU
Thanks for letting us know, I just put my CC limit to 3 dollars just in case.
Next time I will do it from virtual revolut card or pp

Domiiii

8/5/22
Yes, you can use Paypal so the card details will not be submitted to the TD.

40mm

19/10/21
GreatWhiteNorth
I think this is very good advice.

My credit card number was stolen and used by a former TD on our sister site. My bank reimbursed me for the charges and sent me a new card - luckily. Since then I have only used Wise.com. My card number no longer goes to China and I pay by card on my end and deposit to bank account on the TD end getting my 5% discount.

That being said there are a couple of TD's with reliable card payment systems, but I just do not want to take any chances.

Shootgun

25/3/16
This Problem is also possible on Amazon or other websites. Last year my Card Details got stolen by a security breache on Amazon... Lucky that the card provider cover this....

blv

2/12/21
Thank you for the post. I wish I have seen this earlier and I just made the credit card payment for a trusted seller in this forum. and the payment processing site was very sketchy (random brand and product).

After reading this, I’ll replacing my credit card number now.

Next time, It better to use Apple Pay as they can easily generate new number anytime.

xsuper9ova

Supporter
Certified
14/8/22
I have used transfer wise from UK once and PayPal transfer once without issues. Probably safer than transacting via credit cards

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Thank you for the post. I wish I have seen this earlier and I just made the credit card payment for a trusted seller in this forum. and the payment processing site was very sketchy (random brand and product).

After reading this, I’ll replacing my credit card number now.

Next time, It better to use Apple Pay as they can easily generate new number anytime.
good choice replacing!

peteburrito

25/6/22
appreciate the thread and info, used CC for 2 watches so far, same TD, no issues so far and its not a regularly used card so I can keep an eye on the transactions but will be switching to pp or something else moving forward.