• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Caution when paying with a credit-card on TD websites.

russell85

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/6/19
omg thanks for sharing, i have been using my cc ... didnt realise the part where they blank off parts of the cc number ...

eddieimps

Horology Curious
25/10/18
Good advice indeed. I have used various rep sites and have had calls from my bank telling me of unsual activity. I have had to change my card several times.

The answer is my new Transferwise account and card.

Jochy68

MULTI ACCOUNT
1/11/17
At the moment i have no paymente problem with any TD. I bought some! Lucky MAN.

tony5haw2013

10/8/19
malta
Just a quick tip for anybody reading to purchase anywhere online I use a banking app called revolut, they are amazing. Currency conversion at real decent rates, you can block and unblock your cards at will, you can create one time virtual cards to use and then delete them afterwards. You can set up location based security, so if your mobile phones gps is not within 50m of the transaction address the payment will bounce.

All in all a really amazing service, I'm.a metal subscriber which is their top tier and I het some perks but you can use this service for free and have all the functions I have mentioned. I have used them for 5 years now and it has changed how easily I can manage money and transfer funds etc.

Check them out before you dive into western union or bitcoin.

I am in no way connected with revolut I am just a happy user that reccomends them to anybody that may make use of their platform as they are awesome.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
Just a quick tip for anybody reading to purchase anywhere online I use a banking app called revolut, they are amazing. Currency conversion at real decent rates, you can block and unblock your cards at will, you can create one time virtual cards to use and then delete them afterwards. You can set up location based security, so if your mobile phones gps is not within 50m of the transaction address the payment will bounce.

All in all a really amazing service, I'm.a metal subscriber which is their top tier and I het some perks but you can use this service for free and have all the functions I have mentioned. I have used them for 5 years now and it has changed how easily I can manage money and transfer funds etc.

Check them out before you dive into western union or bitcoin.

I am in no way connected with revolut I am just a happy user that reccomends them to anybody that may make use of their platform as they are awesome.

The virtual cards are a nice feature. Only issue I have with Revolut is that they have a maximum of €5k for single card transactions which isn't possible to raise. With TW I at least can adjust it to 10k.

tony5haw2013

10/8/19
malta
The virtual cards are a nice feature. Only issue I have with Revolut is that they have a maximum of €5k for single card transactions which isn't possible to raise. With TW I at least can adjust it to 10k.
Yeah that's not an issue for me, I'm poor

Reactions: chc05120k

Azrail

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
8/9/19
should i use bitcoins instead of cc?

mrtimeshift

17/8/15
With TD I use WU and with M2M PayPal and I haven't had any problems ever. Never use any Creditcard here :D

Reactions: APjumbo

PAC

Known Member
1/12/18
How fast is it with WU compared to using a pre paid

Frod

16/4/20
PP is my go to great advice here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rohlex

8/4/20
Holy crap I think I just peed a little.
Thank goodness I went Transferwise off my broke ass card. (first time buy)

I do understand now is a newer time with phone purchase comfirmations a standard etc.

jeremyhuang13

OG and a Supporter
Supporter
4/10/13
Funny, today I was a new victim of so called Fraud charges on my credit card. I did not read this thread before making a purchase but have since cancelled my cc with my cc company and they will be issuing a new one to me. In the mean time, the charges were caught within the same day and my cc has filed a dispute to get my money back.

I purchased from Intime with Ryan on 5/16 and again on 5/31. Prior to these two purchases, I have never had any fraud charges come in on the cc used. The first charged was a fake Amazon /Seattle purchase of $106.99, and subsequent a few other charges from Australia (provided one below). I had sent Ryan an email regarding these type of frauds and asked if his website is secure enough to make such purchase. Again, some communication problems and claimed he's never had any complaints.

This is one of many fraud charges I received.

As part of our commitment to protecting the security of your account, we continuously monitor for possible fraudulent activity. Please verify that you or someone authorized to use your card ending in xxxx made the following transaction(s):

$AmountMerchant Name
06/11139.48SOUTHERN AUSTRALIA WOO

Date

This marks the final time I'll ever use a credit card. Paypal transactions from now or no more. I cannot trust their websites. For all, it could be them and their connection that is behind these fraud charges.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
I had sent Ryan an email regarding these type of frauds and asked if his website is secure enough to make such purchase. Again, some communication problems and claimed he's never had any complaints.

This is not related to their website directly, but to the credit card processor they use, they have little to no choice if they want to offer direct CC payment unfortunately.

APjumbo

Just one more
Supporter
Certified
11/1/11
Canada
I’m the same as above
I don’t use credit card
I use western union until the TD is comfortable letting me use PayPal.
M2M I use PayPal but have lately been meaning to look into other options with better exchange rates.
I wish I could figure out bitcoin, I did once but It seemed flakey.

jeremyhuang13

OG and a Supporter
Supporter
4/10/13
Funny how these TDs will answer all the question until you bring up the "PayPal." They pretend they don't hear you and just ignores it. I have been using the same TD since 2013 and they still don't have my trust. I will never use my cc again. I did 2 purchases and 3 scams tried to come into my account.

jeremyhuang13

OG and a Supporter
Supporter
4/10/13
This is not related to their website directly, but to the credit card processor they use, they have little to no choice if they want to offer direct CC payment unfortunately.

I understand. I know Ryan is legit but you can never be too sure. How are you certain they're not involved? Com'on. After all, they are selling counterfeit illegal stuff. Again... like I said. I don't think Ryan is involved but you can never be too certain.