• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Cape Cod

innocenti

Renowned Member
16/8/16
First time user looking for advice / tips

Watched a youtube video which showed brushed sides of bracelet masked with tape so I tried it and the liquid from the cap cod cloth just lifts and gets under the tape. Also case looks superb now but minor marks on PCL's and clasp haven't disappeared.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
Same again but harder and for longer.

innocenti

Renowned Member
16/8/16
Says not for brushed. What would happen if I accidently rubbed on brushed areas? Hope it means just no change but scared could tarnish

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
Says not for brushed. What would happen if I accidently rubbed on brushed areas? Hope it means just no change but scared could tarnish

It makes the characteristic deep brush lines fade slightly and the steel looks overtly shiny compared to gen spec brushed surface

Reactions: MrBeasy

greenwrist

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/6/19
For replicating the brushed look on my Gen watches.....green scotch brite pad. Lots of you tube vids out there and it comes out looking like factory if you take your time and do it right. So between the Cape Cod cloths and a scotch brite pad, you are basically covered for most daily wear marks.

Reactions: xartan

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
For replicating the brushed look on my Gen watches.....green scotch brite pad. Lots of you tube vids out there and it comes out looking like factory if you take your time and do it right. So between the Cape Cod cloths and a scotch brite pad, you are basically covered for most daily wear marks.

Scotch brite is fine but I don’t think it makes it look like a Rolex brushing. The result can be pretty good though and it doesn’t take forever.