• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How much have you guys spent on reps?

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
I really don't want to think about it.

I own two reps now, a Breguet 7057, because I can't really mod it, and a pam 356 because it's so accurate it doesn't need anything really doing to it. Everything else is franken.

My Sean YM Franken may as well have been gen the amount I spent on it.

IWC slevin, may as well have bought gen.

Omega PO Frankens, may as well have bought gen, sold them and actually bought gen :d

Everything else I've bought and sold on at a loss. So many frankens. So many double AR xtals, refinishes, services, gen movements, bezels, dials, dw's...ugh

Once I finish my two daytonas I'm out. Sick of sh3135's going wrong and playing roulette with couriers, getting flights to modders to avoid customs issues....I got better things to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Art Tic

Time Machine Collector
26/2/17
California
So many frankens. So many double AR xtals, refinishes, services, gen movements, bezels, dials, dw's...ugh

Once I finish my two daytonas I'm out. Sick of sh3135's going wrong and playing roulette with couriers, getting flights to modders to avoid customs issues....I got better things to do

There is always one more to buy/mod/franken. This hobby of ours drains time/$$$ faster than me with a cold beer on a hot summer day. And, I tried to walk away when the site went down...
So much for that effort.

Reactions: stufuse

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
It’s a sickness, first out the box reps, then lightly modded and now I’ve entered in to the franken realms.

so many to try out still, also some grail watches to replicate with Frankens. Lots of money gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: wubsub and Rolemars

jttou

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/14
On average 2-3k per month. Add to that gen purchases. What a POS hobby this is now that I sorta do some math on expenses for this hobby.

Reactions: Rx4Time

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
On average 2-3k per month. Add to that gen purchases. What a POS hobby this is now that I sorta do some math on expenses for this hobby.

Lol, you've got it bad!!!

What's your collection like in terms of total numbers, Gen and rep combined?

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
I started a spread sheet for this but gave up.....
I have 20 watches x $400 = $8,000 + I have bought & sold roughly 20 more at $100 loss each so that is another $2,000 + $1,000 or so in tools and another $1,000 or so in straps. Total is pretty close to $12,000 over 3 years.

WATCH HACKER

I'm Pretty Popular
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/4/19
Currently in South Hampton
I started a spread sheet for this but gave up.....
I have 20 watches x $400 = $8,000 + I have bought & sold roughly 20 more at $100 loss each so that is another $2,000 + $1,000 or so in tools and another $1,000 or so in straps. Total is pretty close to $12,000 over 3 years.

1 Gen Hulk already =D

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
What's your collection like in terms of total numbers, Gen and rep combined?

I have 1 watch box with 12 spots that I told myself was the max but I have 20 watches right now. 15 reps, 5 gens & need to somehow figure out which 8 to sell.....

Azazel

Los Supportos
Supporter
Certified
12/11/18
EU
Hi club 10k$ and more like me #canthelpmyself

Last edited:

yongsum

Supporter
Patron
Certified
3/6/19
I just ordered 3 reps m2m and those will be my first intentional buys. I have about 3 more planned for purchase through TDs. I must have returned 10 watches on ebay for being fake. And now that I see the quality (at least see online) of good reps, I am ashamed I bought such garbage on ebay in the first place, and worried I don't have some others in my collection.

I would say I spent about 15k on vintage watches. Maybe 40k on gens. And I hope I don't exceed 3k on reps. I don't plan on buying any rep I can buy new or gray market for under 10k. Or any rep gold watch period.

And after reading everyone's posts (10k on reps, 40+ panerai, 50 watches, 75 reps, $1500/mo - wowzers) , I'm sure I will break all my own rules :p

Tompa

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Somthing betwen 9-11k euro.. i know you get a nice gen for that amount.BUT! Now i can change watch after cloths. Mod feeling etc.. and this is my hobby, and only hobby.. and hobbys cost money. Some ppl collect stamps. Cars. Or whatever.. i collect replica watches. Its no big deal for me. And If i get tierd i can sell some in m2m..

macarone

Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
Way to much! I’ve stopped as low enough to sell gens to buy more.

I've gotten burned over Cheryl Tiegs,
Blown up for Raquel Welch.
But when I wind up in the hay it's only hay, Hey Hey

Reactions: sn95 and stufuse

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
This thread is a blessing and a curse... It’s great to hear that large spends in quite a short timeframe aren’t uncommon and I’m not a lone obsessed lunatic. It’s also dangerous reading this, as it encourages me to continue!

Since I got into this new hobby in February, I’ve spent around 6.5k GBP and bought around 50 watches.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
This thread is a blessing and a curse... It’s great to hear that large spends in quite a short timeframe aren’t uncommon and I’m not a lone obsessed lunatic. It’s also dangerous reading this, as it encourages me to continue!

Since I got into this new hobby in February, I’ve spent around 6.5k GBP and bought around 50 watches.

There is a twelve step program at watchaholics anonymous if you need help. Personally I’ve given up recovery though.

Reactions: p0pperini and csthe

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17

Dude!!!! 50 watches in five months is a bit mental!!!! Awesome, but mental.

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
1 Gen Hulk already =D

Where are you guys getting gen hulks from? Every AD i've been to says that they've never seen one in their store/ last time they saw one was 2 years ago. Im tired of buying datejusts :(

Reactions: wrightp748