• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How much have you guys spent on reps?

yongsum

Supporter
Patron
Certified
3/6/19
Where are you guys getting gen hulks from? Every AD i've been to says that they've never seen one in their store/ last time they saw one was 2 years ago. Im tired of buying datejusts :(

aren't there tons on chrono24 and ebay ? wouldn't doubt there are some reps among them though :(

WATCH HACKER

I'm Pretty Popular
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/4/19
Currently in South Hampton
Where are you guys getting gen hulks from? Every AD i've been to says that they've never seen one in their store/ last time they saw one was 2 years ago. Im tired of buying datejusts :(

One of my friends saying that he just bought a GEN HULK last month in one of the malls of TAMPA, FLORIDA. They even told him that it's the last one and that he will never find it anywhere else haha.

And I keep on asking him how much he bought it....and he never answer that. And I ask him to take a shot of it showing the DIAL, and he send me a picture of Lume Shot (not showing the dial)

I keep on saying some terminologies in the watch world and I guess he's confused.

He send me a pic but it's blurred and I believe it's rep.

It's just... I hate it if some people keeps on saying they have a gen one but the truth is it's a rep. It's like c'mon dude, why you need to lie? =/ Don't be ashamed of it. be proud. I'm saying this because I know the background of the guy. His job etc etc. And I feel so sad because he lies. Tsk3

On the contrary, I always says that my watch is a rep. And they don't believe it. =D

Maybe because they know my lifestyle.

Last edited:

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
BTW, I don’t still have all of the watches I bought. Some got moved on - sold M2M, given away to family. This is my current collection:
df4b8ef157fa2fcf03235b55f8b55607.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: arayo and Rolemars

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Nice collection. Rolex heavy, but then the designs are awesome so why not. No room for a cheeky little Nautilus in there? A sneaky Royal Oak?
At the rate it's expanding I don't doubt I'll eventually add some more variety. I didn't know I'd become a Rolex fanboy when I started - it's just happened as I found I like their styling the most. My initial plan was to get 1 Rolex, 1 Omega and 1 Breitling, and that would be my little collection of rep watches completed... :D

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
At the rate it's expanding I don't doubt I'll eventually add some more variety. I didn't know I'd become a Rolex fanboy when I started - it's just happened as I found I like their styling the most. My initial plan was to get 1 Rolex, 1 Omega and 1 Breitling, and that would be my little collection of rep watches completed... :D

"Ok, let's do this. 1 Rolex, 1 omega and 1 Breitling."
*Buys 24 rolexes* :D

Boy, that escalated quickly!

Nice collection by the way! :)

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
I currently have 68 reps in my collection averaging US$355 each which totals around $24k. If I included the ones I sold and service and mod costs, it would be around $30k.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: Rolemars

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
I might have spent around $4k in reps. Been saving for some reforms we've done in our second house so sold most of them, though. I'm still keeping the 6542 gmt as I'm sure it'll be discontinued soon (and I ended up selling the AP 15000 sadly, although I know it's impossible to find anymore).

reppy

Renowned Member
14/1/17
I wonder how healthy it is to hear of other people's collecting habits, as it kind of normalizes these extreme behaviors.
I've attempted to calculate the $ I put into rep watches, and, like many people here, the amount is high.

Not that I really even believe in gens at this point, but I wonder if just buying a couple gens with that money would have been a happier solution.

Don't get me wrong, it's kind of neat to own a giant assortment of a wide variety of interesting watches.

But, you can only wear one at a time, and most of the reps I've purchased and the money I've spent just sit in watch boxes unused. Maybe that's a bad investment. I'm not sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xabo

Xabo

Known Member
27/3/19
Germany
I wonder how healthy it is to hear of other people's collecting habits, as it kind of normalizes these extreme behaviors.
I've attempted to calculate the $ I put into rep watches, and, like many people here, the amount is high.

Not that I really even believe in gens at this point, but I wonder if just buying a couple gens with that money would have been a happier solution.

Don't get me wrong, it's kind of neat to own a giant assortment of a wide variety of interesting watches.

But, you can only wear one at a time, and most of the reps I've purchased and the money I've spent just sit in watch boxes unused. Maybe that's a bad investment. I'm not sure.

I think it is good to consider these thoughts from time to time. When it starts to bother you or you are unhappy, you should change your habits. If you find out for yourself that it's okay, you can go on and buy more reps :)

reppy

Renowned Member
14/1/17
I think it is good to consider these thoughts from time to time. When it starts to bother you or you are unhappy, you should change your habits. If you find out for yourself that it's okay, you can go on and buy more reps :)

I don't know about unhappiness, but I think there may be a pointlessness or wastefulness to owning so many watches when you can only use one at a time.
I mean, for a round number, let's say I own 60 watches.
Let's pretend I want to use them all equally, and without some ridiculous switching throughout the day, realistically, I will put a watch on in the morning and take it off at night, so, one per day.
That means I would wear each watch once every other month, or 6 times a year.
Alternatively, some watches would get more frequent use than others, which means that some of the watches will basically go totally unused.
So, at some point, you're kind of collecting just to collect, and it doesn't make much practical sense?

Reactions: Katarsis

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
...without some ridiculous switching throughout the day...

I sooooo don't see it that way. I love swapping regularly. I'll never wear less than two a day. I tend to wear watches with date (or daydate) complications when I'm working, but as soon as I get home, I change out of work clothes and with the change of clothes, change my watch.

If I'm hanging out at home all day, I bet I wear three or even four watches and whilst I get that it's a lot of changes, for me it's not contrived; I just love swapping!

Reactions: xartan

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Some people just like collecting and occasionally taking up a bunch of the beauties and trying them on or just holding them or even maybe just looking at them in the box.

In my job wearing something very expensive looking would send the wrong message so I wear the nicest ones in my free time and on trips.

CollectorAtHeart

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/12/18
I’m relatively new to collecting reps (started at the beginning of this year) and still collect gen watches at the same time. Spent around 1500€ on watches this year, I‘d say 700€ in reps and 800€ in gen pieces. No “bigger” gen purchase this year allowed me to do this I guess.

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

Mr.Marbella

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/16
EU
Just a little over 10K€ divided in 6 watches

My Mini Collection
d8eddad661dacec984fdef996b136030.jpg

Franken Daytonas
1cc8888dbe1b4abd270c654e62444a28.jpg

Pateks
4a2b28fd23b009dc20c0055262f44773.jpg

And 1 lonely ROO - Used to love them and now I’m down to one
449d41c8fe4b38b801d5ddd5933750cf.jpg

Not really interested in any other watch at the moment apart from Godfathars 5980‘s ( hopefully he sells them to me without premium lol ). Although I could do with a 16613, but not enough love for them to buy Gen. And unfortunatley a Franken rarely shows up on m2m.

wubsub

i like subs
Patron
Certified
31/10/18
sorry who are?
It’s a sickness, first out the box reps, then lightly modded and now I’ve entered in to the franken realms.

so many to try out still, also some grail watches to replicate with Frankens. Lots of money gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So right bro. Now moving on to gen movements ahhaa

wrightp748

Horology Curious
26/4/19
Just a little over 10K€ divided in 6 watches

My Mini Collection
d8eddad661dacec984fdef996b136030.jpg

Franken Daytonas
1cc8888dbe1b4abd270c654e62444a28.jpg

Pateks
4a2b28fd23b009dc20c0055262f44773.jpg

And 1 lonely ROO - Used to love them and now I’m down to one
449d41c8fe4b38b801d5ddd5933750cf.jpg

Not really interested in any other watch at the moment apart from Godfathars 5980‘s ( hopefully he sells them to me without premium lol ). Although I could do with a 16613, but not enough love for them to buy Gen. And unfortunatley a Franken rarely shows up on m2m.

Very nice collection

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: Mr.Marbella