Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

How much have you guys spent on reps?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    On average 2-3k per month. Add to that gen purchases. What a POS hobby this is now that I sorta do some math on expenses for this hobby.

    Comment


      #47
      Originally posted by hushhush View Post
      On average 2-3k per month. Add to that gen purchases. What a POS hobby this is now that I sorta do some math on expenses for this hobby.
      Lol, you've got it bad!!!

      What's your collection like in terms of total numbers, Gen and rep combined?

      Comment


        #48
        I started a spread sheet for this but gave up.....
        I have 20 watches x $400 = $8,000 + I have bought & sold roughly 20 more at $100 loss each so that is another $2,000 + $1,000 or so in tools and another $1,000 or so in straps. Total is pretty close to $12,000 over 3 years.
        Really... ....... :P

        Comment


          #49
          Originally posted by Nanook65 View Post
          I started a spread sheet for this but gave up.....
          I have 20 watches x $400 = $8,000 + I have bought & sold roughly 20 more at $100 loss each so that is another $2,000 + $1,000 or so in tools and another $1,000 or so in straps. Total is pretty close to $12,000 over 3 years.
          1 Gen Hulk already =D

          Comment


            #50
            Originally posted by GingerBubba View Post
            What's your collection like in terms of total numbers, Gen and rep combined?
            I have 1 watch box with 12 spots that I told myself was the max but I have 20 watches right now. 15 reps, 5 gens & need to somehow figure out which 8 to sell.....

            Really... ....... :P

            Comment


              #51
              Hi club 10k$ and more like me #canthelpmyself
              Last edited by Azazel; 04-07-19, 16:12.

              Comment


                #52
                I just ordered 3 reps m2m and those will be my first intentional buys. I have about 3 more planned for purchase through TDs. I must have returned 10 watches on ebay for being fake. And now that I see the quality (at least see online) of good reps, I am ashamed I bought such garbage on ebay in the first place, and worried I don't have some others in my collection.

                I would say I spent about 15k on vintage watches. Maybe 40k on gens. And I hope I don't exceed 3k on reps. I don't plan on buying any rep I can buy new or gray market for under 10k. Or any rep gold watch period.

                And after reading everyone's posts (10k on reps, 40+ panerai, 50 watches, 75 reps, $1500/mo - wowzers) , I'm sure I will break all my own rules
                18 watches already ? 8 keepers, 4 for the kids, rest for sale.
                Hoping to add some replicas soon

                Comment


                  #53
                  Originally posted by VMSG View Post
                  About 10k...
                  I'm sorry I was not clear enough - about 10K in the last year alone...

                  Comment


                    #54
                    18 watches already ? 8 keepers, 4 for the kids, rest for sale.
                    Hoping to add some replicas soon

                    Comment


                      #55
                      Somthing betwen 9-11k euro.. i know you get a nice gen for that amount.BUT! Now i can change watch after cloths. Mod feeling etc.. and this is my hobby, and only hobby.. and hobbys cost money. Some ppl collect stamps. Cars. Or whatever.. i collect replica watches. Its no big deal for me. And If i get tierd i can sell some in m2m..

                      Comment


                        #56
                        Way to much! I’ve stopped as low enough to sell gens to buy more.


                        I've gotten burned over Cheryl Tiegs,
                        Blown up for Raquel Welch.
                        But when I wind up in the hay it's only hay, Hey Hey

                        Comment


                          #57
                          This thread is a blessing and a curse... It’s great to hear that large spends in quite a short timeframe aren’t uncommon and I’m not a lone obsessed lunatic. It’s also dangerous reading this, as it encourages me to continue!

                          Since I got into this new hobby in February, I’ve spent around 6.5k GBP and bought around 50 watches.


                          Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

                          Comment


                            #58
                            Originally posted by n0bby View Post
                            This thread is a blessing and a curse... It’s great to hear that large spends in quite a short timeframe aren’t uncommon and I’m not a lone obsessed lunatic. It’s also dangerous reading this, as it encourages me to continue!

                            Since I got into this new hobby in February, I’ve spent around 6.5k GBP and bought around 50 watches.


                            Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                            There is a twelve step program at watchaholics anonymous if you need help. Personally I’ve given up recovery though.

                            Comment


                              #59
                              Originally posted by n0bby View Post
                              This thread is a blessing and a curse... It’s great to hear that large spends in quite a short timeframe aren’t uncommon and I’m not a lone obsessed lunatic. It’s also dangerous reading this, as it encourages me to continue!

                              Since I got into this new hobby in February, I’ve spent around 6.5k GBP and bought around 50 watches.


                              Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                              Dude!!!! 50 watches in five months is a bit mental!!!! Awesome, but mental.

                              Comment


                                #60
                                Originally posted by BEAniev1! View Post

                                1 Gen Hulk already =D
                                Where are you guys getting gen hulks from? Every AD i've been to says that they've never seen one in their store/ last time they saw one was 2 years ago. Im tired of buying datejusts

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X