• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How much have you guys spent on reps?

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
are only few watches which I am interested in.

Same here! But this now also has its own downside, my issue is not buying the watch I like but the amount of $$ it needs for various mods :D

Last edited:

Acurtisttu

Known Member
26/3/19
USA
$5/6k here. I try and keep it to 6 ish reps. I like. Still way in the positive after selling my GEN's to fund.

WATCH HACKER

I'm Pretty Popular
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/4/19
Currently in South Hampton
Don't worry it gets worse lol.

I just gave up counting, I used to try to stick to a budget of around $500 a month but that went out the window a long time ago. I am not as bad as I used to be but still pretty bad sometimes It can be quite addictive.

C Master That's my goal as well. 500 per month but what happens now is 1500 a month. Oh dam* it. Can I have some pill to stop this addiction hahaha.

WATCH HACKER

I'm Pretty Popular
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/4/19
Spent about 3500$ since i joined in december. When you are new, you tend to buy everything and anything just to test and have fun. Now that i have a bit more knowledge, i also know how to identify my needs better.

Hehehe, slowly but surely I'm gaining some knowledge. =) my latest now is still in the process, waiting for my Tracking #. It's a JF WHITE DIAL AP 15400 RG in Black Leather. And before I bought it I gather information first and I even make an excel for the comparisons haha =D

roflwaffles

14/4/19
San Francisco
I'm hoping that my thirst will be quenched after getting a dress watch rep and a rubber strap watch rep.

Currently I have 2 AP 15450s (one a DHGater), a 116610 (which honestly I don't find myself totally in love with, may replace it with a Daytona down the line or even a VSF Seamaster 300m), and a PPF 5711 v2 Blue coming in the mail.

I drive a busted up 2006 Civic Hybrid (although I live in San Francisco where it doesn't make sense to have a nice car) so no one believes these are actually real if they recognize them lol, not that I'm trying to pass them off as such.

FourthLetter

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/5/18
Anyone ever have a collection of ONLY reps?

Im glad I found this hobby because I can enjoy the visual of having a gorgeous designed timepiece that would otherwise be out of my price range if not for reps. But I don’t feel the urge to purchase any gen pieces now that I’ve found this gold mine.

I have an Apple Watch, but I wear my noob v9 daily and I hope it lasts a lifetime (or at least until it’s replaced by the next more accurate version).

Im hoping to build a smaller collection that I can rotate throughout the week, but I don’t feel the need to purchase high end reps and then have a backup beater seiko or even push myself to purchase a gen no date sub if I don’t have to and I can depend on my reps to keep good time for many years (10+)

Anyone else shamelessly living with ONLY reps?

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Anyone ever have a collection of ONLY reps?
Anyone else shamelessly living with ONLY reps?

Yep, me. I've got 50 ish at the minute, at say $400 ish each on average, which equals a lot more in total than I ever intended. But I've calmed down a lot now, I don't buy for the sake of it; these were watches I always wanted in my collection and now I have them, job done. So hopefully, whilst my spending had been mental since I got into this game a couple of years ago, the curve had flattened significantly.

I will hopefully get a couple gens at some point, but only ones that aren't well repped (I obviously need a Speedy Pro and I fancy a Grand Seiko too. Should finances improve a lot, I'll be adding an ALS too).

Reactions: FourthLetter

WATCH HACKER

I'm Pretty Popular
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/4/19
Yep, me. I've got 50 ish at the minute, at say $400 ish each on average, which equals a lot more in total than I ever intended. But I've calmed down a lot now, I don't buy for the sake of it; these were watches I always wanted in my collection and now I have them, job done. So hopefully, whilst my spending had been mental since I got into this game a couple of years ago, the curve had flattened significantly.

I will hopefully get a couple gens at some point, but only ones that aren't well repped (I obviously need a Speedy Pro and I fancy a Grand Seiko too. Should finances improve a lot, I'll be adding an ALS too).

Hoping money will rain down on us. =D

But you know, with your reps. Surely you can buy 1 Gen already.

hanski

Renowned Member
25/4/18
I have one modded Rep - probably $550 into that one. Then two complete franken - $3000 between those two. And two incomplete franken projects - maybe $1200 in those presently.
Yeesh! I was about to call y’all out for spending crazy money on this - but looks who’s talking.

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
I stopped counting, definitely spent more than on my car. I have to keep myself off of the m2m section and beg for overtime at work :(

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
I have purchased more than a handful of reps for aprox €3,400. Depreciation/losses for selling them M2M comes out at around €400. I had a bigger loss when selling a single €1k gen (new) purchase.

Trying all these different reps allowed me to really figure out what I wanted in a gen, before spending "big money" and taking a potential big hit on resale value. A rep (in my eyes) can never replace a gen. Well I guess it depends on the reasons for buying a gen. As a "watch geek" I would buy a gen to commemorate special moments in my life. One just recently came up, so I am going hunting next weekend.

Last edited:

sam.rollie

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/10/18
Only bought one rep so far, which is an excellent piece. I am waiting for the noob v2 Daytona.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk