• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review of Amazon Noob V9 Submariner

Chazman1946

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
4/6/12
Arizona
But now that we know the truth, don't you understand our scepticism? The truth being that you bought a watch that any of our TRUSTED dealers could have provided to you for, at most, $400 delivered. Whereas you paid $600 to buy it from an unknown. You were, in short, scammed, as we feared from the outset. Were those quick WhatsApp replies worth $200?

That said, the main reason for my scepticism is the way you came at it. Your post wasn't along the lines of 'Hi guys, I've picked up what's purporting to be a Noob online, what do you think?' The tone of your posts was way more supportive, more like 'I've found a secret link to the famous and awesome Jack Wu, he's giving me genuine Noobs at knockdown prices with Gen ETAs inside!!!! Here's jack's telephone number, hit him up on WhatsApp!' I'm not suggesting that's a direct quote, but that was the impression the tone of your messages gave me.

So I don't apologise for a second for being sceptical of an 'unknown' coming on here and praising a service from a non-TD. It's not personal; it never was and I shall remain equally sceptical of the next claim of this sort that comes along (which, as autumn follows summer, it surely will).

Good luck soldier.

1st off it's Marine, not Soldier ???? . Scepticism is exactly why I made the purchase off of Amazon, and not some TD. I know Amazon and have never gotten screwed by them ever, Amazon also has customer reviews of products that are legit because the reviewer will be a verified purchaser.

Your TDs may be TD to you, but they are an unknown quotient to me, the reviews I see on some of their sites in stilted one-liner English isn't inspiring, neither is the discounts for wire transfers which is a red flag also!

I simply went the safest route known to me, like the watch, really could care less if some tiny cosmetic difference that really couldn't be detected unless under a macro lens. I'm bought the watch to wear, not scam someone else that it's 100% real.

Besides I'm at a financial situation in my life that a couple of Hundred to me isn't really a big thing, that's three of four hands at the "3 Card" Poker table !

Last edited:

Chazman1946

Banned
4/6/12
Arizona
And upon checking after a few hours......

This thread is still going on? Hahaha.

And he's eager to show everyone what he has.

Partner in crime of Jack Wu?

RIP this thread =D

Why have the banned dudes video and photos been removed, perhaps some of the experts here could have pointed out exactly the tells on theM to prove they weren't ETA?

rj999

I'm Pretty Popular
20/10/13
UK
1st off it's Marine, not Soldier ???? . Scepticism is exactly why I made the purchase off of Amazon, and not some TD. I know Amazon and have never gotten screwed by them ever, Amazon also has customer reviews of products that are legit because the reviewer will be a verified purchaser.

You didn't make your purchase off Amazon, you made it off an Amazon market place seller. Not the same thing at all.

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
Why have the banned dudes video and photos been removed, perhaps some of the experts here could have pointed out exactly the tells on theM to prove they weren't ETA?
They were removed because the user came back under a new name after being banned. 3 times now banned actually. Creating more than 1 account here is against the rules, posting pictures from a 2nd or 3rd account is not allowed so I have removed them

The experts have already stated this watch is not noob. End of story

Sent from my Noob v9.5

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Besides I'm at a financial situation in my life that a couple of Hundred to me isn't really a big thing, that's three of four hands at the "3 Card" Poker table !

Really? That's what you come back with?

You are next level doosh my soldier friend.

Reactions: Glaude

WATCH HACKER

I'm Pretty Popular
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/4/19
Currently in South Hampton

That one is I don't know.

As I've read before, the pictures are 100% ETA but the thing is, our MODS / OLD TIMER EXPERTS in here is skeptical of what he is posting because they weren't sure if it's the movement from the watch he bought or some easy too get vid and pic from the net.

And he was banned as well because of the way he act in here.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
I own several high end watches including a Gen Rolex, it's moving at the proper rate.

You remind me of about a dozen or so tools that roll in periodically. If you kept your mouth shut for a few days and did some extensive reading, you would have saved yourself the time and money invested in that abortion of a watch you received. Now you continue to dribble like an infected dog. I'd suggest stopping and taking in some of the knowledge available here. I find it comical that you don;t feel comfortable ordering from a TD, yet you receive Frank Perdue Woo with open arms. All because a TD doesn't use proper english. I guess if I write you an eloquent email, requesting your bank wire info and SS #, I'd be able to fleece you of every last penny.

Reactions: erekose

sinsir

I'm Pretty Popular
7/3/11
I would take reviews here of TDs and watches over Amazon any day of the week. Amazon is loaded with fake reviews, paid reviews by merch or discounts, and just by reading them it's plain to see not always the most knowledgeable. I use them and read them like the rest of us but appreciate those that disclaim discounts or merch in exchange for reviews, especially ones that further that with an honest review, positive or negative. Amazon isn't unique in this practice and its wise to read reviews with a grain of salt instead of the gospel. Here its possible to go outside a TD section and see more than you could ask for in way of pictures and reviews of any actual watch without allegiance to a specific TD.

Great example is the 5 star review of the OP watch, more of a disservice to potential buyers than anything to me. If that went on here the pitch forks would be out. A TD wouldn't last beyond that sale, wrong product for double the going rate masked by discounts. No thanks, Amazon may be known medium to sell but 3rd party sellers aren't Amazon. They should be treated as an Ebay purchase may or may not quite be caveat emptor but maybe? I couldn't imagine calling Amazon, and say I was sent the wrong rep or a watch instead of a TV. If its anything like PP that may not fair so well. I'd suggest reading Amazons term and conditions.

Mr.Marbella

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/16
EU

I see...

So why did you have to pay your 600$ watch in 18 monthly rates ?

600$ is a dinner with friends - or as you said „a few hands @ the poker table“ ...

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

Chazman1946

Banned
4/6/12
Arizona
You remind me of about a dozen or so tools that roll in periodically. If you kept your mouth shut for a few days and did some extensive reading, you would have saved yourself the time and money invested in that abortion of a watch you received. Now you continue to dribble like an infected dog. I'd suggest stopping and taking in some of the knowledge available here. I find it comical that you don;t feel comfortable ordering from a TD, yet you receive Frank Perdue Woo with open arms. All because a TD doesn't use proper english. I guess if I write you an eloquent email, requesting your bank wire info and SS #, I'd be able to fleece you of every last penny.

Funny, you haven't seen my watch in person on!y a couple of photos I provided, and it's an abortion?

Yep I didn't feel confident making a purchase from a TD, they may be TD to you, but I don't know them from adam.

As for "Frank Perdue Wu" I wasn't trusting in him as much I was trusting in Amazon, which is bullet proof for me, Capeesh?I

So far the watch is solid, runs +3 seconds a day and fit and finish is actually better then my Gen 16610, but not up there with my Breitling!

I like the watch a lot, some of you foaming at the mouth snarks, not so much!

Last edited:

Chazman1946

Banned
4/6/12
Arizona
I see...

So why did you have to pay your 600$ watch in 18 monthly rates ?

600$ is a dinner with friends - or as you said „a few hands @ the poker table“ ...

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

Simple, you don't need to be a Detective like me to figure that out! The installments were at
0%, and in a worse case scenario I'm only out one months payment of $38a

But I suppose sending a wire transfer of money seems safer to you?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr.Marbella

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
Lol, i thought i was buying a Merc, but realised it was only a Toyota, at a Merc’s price. But I dont really mind as this is one solid truck! Lol!

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Lol, i thought i was buying a Merc, but realised it was only a Toyota, at a Merc’s price. But I dont really mind as this is one solid truck! Lol!

It doesn't matter to me! I use $50 notes to light my Cuban cigar, that's the stage of life I'm at. The fact that I paid $80 on Amazon for a cigar that trusted importers sell for $20 is an irrelevance!

Loadsamoney!

Reactions: jpchub