• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review of Amazon Noob V9 Submariner

rowdyonegh

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
21/6/19
If you feel it’s childish to respond and correct you, and offer to prove away false accusations- that’s on you, I could careless if you lock it or not. PM me if you want proof, or is this forum simply about flaming others because you been around a bit and mods don’t care, it is is about providing accurate information for people that seek, I guess your actions will determine that

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
If you feel it’s childish to respond and correct you, and offer to prove away false accusations- that’s on you, I could careless if you lock it or not. PM me if you want proof, or is this forum simply about flaming others because you been around a bit and mods don’t care, it is is about providing accurate information for people that seek, I guess your actions will determine that

I was referring to you comment to a member about 1500 posts since 2011 and how his family must be proud

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11

Then follow our guidelines please

do not post links or contact information to non forum Trusted Dealers

we work very hard with our TDs , because when something goes wrong , we know they will assist in fixing it

Reactions: Tiz71 and TESLA760

rowdyonegh

Banned
21/6/19
Delete the posts then. I have no skin in the game, simply sharing a good experience I had. If that’s the rules, that’s the rules.

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Something looks to be off on the caseback but i cant put my finger on it. Sorry for the focused picture i know it goes agains op’s principles...

Reactions: Natas78

erekose

Renowned Member
Supporter
13/2/12
Tokyo
Are you referring to the blue sunburst, I already stated that, or is there something g else wrong?
What I am saying without typing it all out is that this is no v9, no Noob, and not even a quality rep. Very likely not 904, and not an ETA movement. It is fact looks like one of the cheaper versions that Narikaa has now and then. You got taken rather hard...

It doesn't hurt (but one's pride sometimes) to listen to the experts here. It can save you a lot of money though.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Chazman1946

Banned
4/6/12
Arizona
What I am saying without typing it all out is that this is no v9, no Noob, and not even a quality rep. Very likely not 904, and not an ETA movement. It is fact looks like one of the cheaper versions that Narikaa has now and then. You got taken rather hard...

It doesn't hurt (but one's pride sometimes) to listen to the experts here. It can save you a lot of money though.

Kind of hard to respect the so-called "Experts" when all they have done is act like smug, arrogant jagbags!

If you clowns think I'm shill for Jack Wu, I will gladly provide a link proving exactly who I am!

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
That is a real ETA, at least the one that Rowdy posted

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
I, for one, am thoroughly enjoying this thread. Bump.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Kind of hard to respect the so-called "Experts" when all they have done is act like smug, arrogant jagbags!

Kind of hard to respect a couple of strangers who show up expecting to turn the way the whole community works on its head with a load of nothing.

I'll stick with my TD thanks.

Toksic

Known Member
25/10/18
Jack Wu is a television actor and host from Hong Kong, working for TVB. Another one is a Lecturer at University of Manchester, he is also an Entrepreneur. Looks like he is Jack all trades but Master of None :p:p:p

Last edited:
Reactions: kirt vonnegut

Chazman1946

Banned
4/6/12
Arizona
Kind of hard to respect a couple of strangers who show up expecting to turn the way the whole community works on its head with a load of nothing.

I'll stick with my TD thanks.

My very 1st post here was about 3 or 4 pages into the "Noob Factory Raided by Police" thread.

I posted that I was disappointed because I just ordered a Noob from Jack Wu on Amazon and was going to cancel the order. Almost immediately all the valiant TD defenders jumped on my shitt being a member for 7 years before making my first post, then inferring I was a shill for Jack Wu.

Then you guys claimed no one was putting ETA Movements into Noob reps, except one of your TDs.

I'm not trying to turn the heads against your exalted TDs all I am doing is telling my story about buying a watch that you guys said didn't exist, and couldn't possibly exist. Yet here it is, and the other guys Jack Wu Noob indeed does have an ETA movement in it (confirmed by even one of your Mods) yet we are the bad guys here?
​​​​​
​​

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Nowt wrong with a bit of healthy cynicism. It's cynicism that stops people from getting scammed. As you appear to have been if you think you've been sold a noob (according to others, I've not got a scoobie whether it's a noob or a pube).

Last edited:

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
My very 1st post here was about 3 or 4 pages into the "Noob Factory Raided by Police" thread.

I posted that I was disappointed because I just ordered a Noob from Jack Wu on Amazon and was going to cancel the order. Almost immediately all the valiant TD defenders jumped on my shitt being a member for 7 years before making my first post, then inferring I was a shill for Jack Wu.

Then you guys claimed no one was putting ETA Movements into Noob reps, except one of your TDs.

I'm not trying to turn the heads against your exalted TDs all I am doing is telling my story about buying a watch that you guys said didn't exist, and couldn't possibly exist. Yet here it is, and the other guys Jack Wu Noob indeed does have an ETA movement in it (confirmed by even one of your Mods) yet we are the bad guys here?
​​​​​
​​

When a respected member posts a watch bought from Jack Wu, with a genuine ETA inside it then it matters.
When a couple of nobody's appear with the same you can colour us all skeptical.
Surely, with a Masters in Law you'll understand.

Also your lingo - "exalted TD's" "valiant TD defenders", and calling everyone "insular" is not helpful to the points you want to make.
Neither is saying that a $1,000 shitter is better made than Rolex.

Your post #30 in this thread further demonstrates your lack of understanding of how the watch industry works.
The value is in the brand - is there $8,500 worth of steel and horological know-how in a Submariner? Of course not.
There isn't $4,200 in a Seamaster either.
The difference between brands is the Seamaster can be found in any AD window with an easy $500 off and double that come sale time.

Last edited:

Chazman1946

Banned
4/6/12
Arizona
When a respected member posts a watch bought from Jack Wu, with a genuine ETA inside it then it matters.

Also your lingo - "exalted TD's" "valiant TD defenders", and calling everyone "insular" is not helpful to the points you want to make.
Neither is saying that a $1,000 shitter is better made than Rolex.

Your post #30 in this thread further demonstrates your lack of understanding of how the watch industry works.
The value is in the brand - is there $8,500 worth of steel and horological know-how in a Submariner? Of course not.
There isn't $4,200 in a Seamaster either.
The difference between brands is the Seamaster can be found in any AD window with an easy $500 off and double that come sale time.

I take umbrage to you calling my Monta a $1,000 shitter!

#1 the fit and finish IS better then a Rolex, and if you had a clue about the Monta brand, you would know that they were started from scratch by the owners of the Everest Luxury Watch Strap company, the top company for after market straps for Rolex. That watch is made in Switzerland by their own design

#2 I paid $1,800 for it, not $1k, and with its finally tuned Top Grade Sellita 300 movement it has been running +2 for almost two years now!

I fully understand "The Value of the Brand", that's what could be called drinking the Kool-Aid, I drank the Rolex Kool-Aid once, never again, and that was only an $1,800 gulp at that time in 1996!
​​​​​​

Last edited:

rowdyonegh

Banned
21/6/19
So a MOD and an "expert" have posted saying they are authentic ETA's - but yet, still there's posts saying it's not and it's shit? Well I guess that sums up this forum, doesn't it.

As far as being skeptical - of course you should be skeptical, no ones saying you shouldn't be, we're buying fake fucking watches gents....JESUS! Chaz posted some pics of the watch he got, people asked for more and for the movement. I provided from the watch I got and talked about my experience. Maybe you're TD's can't get authentic movements - don't know, don't care. I never told anyone to go buy a watch off Amazon, I simply shared my experience and the watch I got for people to make their own choice. I will take my watch to a trusted water repair locally and confirm what the Mods seem to already know, it appears to be authentic.

Instead of focusing on the watch, I'm attacked, by being falsely accused of being Jack Wu, or in China, or whatever - When I laid out an easy solution to verify...more attacks and crickets....Instead of the Mods actually moderating the conversation, they bring up how wrong it was to say something mean to someone - and how the rules were broke. Funny how it wasn't mentioned the rules were broke when the MOD quoted the information (that had the phone number) when the said, it's an authentic ETA. Funny how the mods let the false accusations go on until someone pops back , and then it's a - oh that was unnecessary, you need to stop.

rowdyonegh

Banned
21/6/19

The experts say you're wrong on the movement though - maybe you should listen.

Last edited:

rowdyonegh

Banned
21/6/19

Then why even allow people to post reviews of watches without a certain amount of posts. I don't believe anyone was trying to sell anyone anything, or convince them they should go to Amazon and buy anything - the whole thread was simple sharing our experiences, and it appears we did quite well with our genuine ETA's. If it doesn't matter to you, because we're not respected members, why reply and comment back? Doesn't that speak volumes for someone that may ask, "hey has anyone bought off amazon" when they see this thread and see that no beloved, respected members have chimed in or give a shit?

Surely, with a Doctors in Law you'll understand....we're all Jack Wu

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
So a MOD and an "expert" have posted saying they are authentic ETA's - but yet, still there's posts saying it's not and it's shit? Well I guess that sums up this forum, doesn't it.

As far as being skeptical - of course you should be skeptical, no ones saying you shouldn't be, we're buying fake fucking watches gents....JESUS! Chaz posted some pics of the watch he got, people asked for more and for the movement. I provided from the watch I got and talked about my experience. Maybe you're TD's can't get authentic movements - don't know, don't care. I never told anyone to go buy a watch off Amazon, I simply shared my experience and the watch I got for people to make their own choice. I will take my watch to a trusted water repair locally and confirm what the Mods seem to already know, it appears to be authentic.

Instead of focusing on the watch, I'm attacked, by being falsely accused of being Jack Wu, or in China, or whatever - When I laid out an easy solution to verify...more attacks and crickets....Instead of the Mods actually moderating the conversation, they bring up how wrong it was to say something mean to someone - and how the rules were broke. Funny how it wasn't mentioned the rules were broke when the MOD quoted the information (that had the phone number) when the said, it's an authentic ETA. Funny how the mods let the false accusations go on until someone pops back , and then it's a - oh that was unnecessary, you need to stop.
Good for you that you have Amazon to buy your reps moving forward as your time here is limited

Raddave

Sent from my Noob v9.5