• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review of Amazon Noob V9 Submariner

Chazman1946

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
4/6/12
Arizona
Just to show you folks I'm not a newbie when it comes to legit luxury watches and can tell quality fit and finish, here are some of my pieces.
VSAksD.md.jpg

Last edited:

Chazman1946

Banned
4/6/12
Arizona

The Monta, in particular, has a fit and finish and bracelet far superior to any Gen Rolex ever made, the finish is smooth and buttery feeling!

Chazman1946

Banned
4/6/12
Arizona
I don’t hate microbrands, but this statement is just ridiculous.

Have you ever handled a Monta? If not, you don't know what you are talking about! The Monta has a far superior fit and finish to my Breitling as well, and Breitling bracelets blow most Gen Rolexes bracelets out of the water, except for the clasps.

Monta doesn't have a sharp corner on any part of the watch, not the case nor bracelet, it is nothing but superbly satin finished butter, with articulating links that make a Rolex feel like an Invicta!

Last edited:
Reactions: k4jun

yongsum

Supporter
Certified
3/6/19
I for sure don't disagree at all that there are great watch brands out there that are cheap. Omega is a great example. I compared my gen Sub to my friends Revue Thommen (had never heard of it) and the thing was solid. Well to the naked eye it looked and felt great. But what does that really mean ? I doubt I could tell a super rep from a gen with a loupe and hours to compare. I just don't have the experience or knowledge.
But if you look up Revue T. you will find they are used in the airline industry. Pretty sure Rolex isn't used in any industry where time matters.
And let's not forget that the now super expensive Daytona's are actually re-branded, NASA test-failed Cosmographs.
Anyway I'm still keeping my mind wide open about gens, reps, and time in general :punk:

Reactions: christo14

Chazman1946

Banned
4/6/12
Arizona
Comparison of my Breitling Bracelet next to my Monta, Monta hands down has a better fit, finish, and even polished edges on the links!
VSAmrp.md.jpg

Last edited:

Chazman1946

Banned
4/6/12
Arizona
I for sure don't disagree at all that there are great watch brands out there that are cheap. Omega is a great example. I compared my gen Sub to my friends Revue Thommen (had never heard of it) and the thing was solid. Well to the naked eye it looked and felt great. But what does that really mean ? I doubt I could tell a super rep from a gen with a loupe and hours to compare. I just don't have the experience or knowledge.
But if you look up Revue T. you will find they are used in the airline industry. Pretty sure Rolex isn't used in any industry where time matters.
And let's not forget that the now super expensive Daytona's are actually re-branded, NASA test-failed Cosmographs.
Anyway I'm still keeping my mind wide open about gens, reps, and time in general :punk:

I have owned a Gen Rolex 16610 since 1996. Picked it up new in Hong Kong from an AD for $1,800. Truth be known that watch doesn't really measure up well against a Steinhart in terms of fit and finish, and certainly not the cheesy clasp on mine with the hollow link bracelet.. I never wear it anymore, and it's in a safe deposit box, it looks more fake today, then the fakes!

Rolex has a genius marketing plan, artificially inflate the value of their watches, by limiting production and then have ad and movie placements to produce gallons of their Kool-Aid for the rubes to drink,

Then when the Rubes go to an AD and find no stainless steel models in stock, and years on waitlist delivery times, they go on the Gray Market and find a new stainless Sub is going from $12k to $18K for a Hulk.

Sorry, Homie don't play that game, not when I can pick up an Omega 2018 Seamaster 300 Master Coaxial for $4,200. That watch is infinitely a better watch in every regard, better movement, better bracelet and adjustable clasp, better then the glide-lock, and it even has something the tricksters at Rolex have never quite seemed to grasp, AR, that makes it so you can actually read the dial without squinting to the reflections coming off of it.

What improvements has Rolex done to their 3135 movement from mine..oh let's see, calibrate in better and add a pararchrom hairspring, Yippie! That's really a vast improvement.

Meanwhile Omega upgrades their Sea-Master 300 from an ETA 2892-a2 to a Co-Axial Movement, and now to a completely in-house 8800 Master Co-Axial movement with 35 jewels and a -0+5 accuracy, of which I will take a watch with -0 with +5 every day over the Rolex -+2 seconds every day! A watch that runs slows requires you to reset it, a watch that runs fast only requires you to hack it till the actual time catches up with it!

Last edited:

Chazman1946

Banned
4/6/12
Arizona
Here are some more photos of bracelets that are superior to the Gen Rolexes, my bracelet off of my Eterna Kon Tiki, makes the Rolex clasp look like stamped crap, now this is a "real" milled clasp!

Reactions: christo14

WATCH HACKER

I'm Pretty Popular
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/4/19
Currently in South Hampton
I'm taking these photos with my Samsung Galaxy 8 note, not a Hasselblad 500, so excuse the lack of Magazine grade photos. Heres a couple more about as good as I can take.

Jack Wu ensured me it is a V9, and if I'm not mistaken the V8 also came in 904L, and according to him the only upgrade from V8 to V9 was an cerochrome bezel.

Your NOTE 8 can do better than that. I have a note 8 also and it shoots good. You just need to tweak the settings

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
What usually happens with ebay/amazon/dhgate amazing buys threads?

rowdyonegh

Banned
21/6/19
Here's some photos I got with my iPhone - Sorry, I tried to use my Nikon, but I don't have a macro lens. It's the best I could do. Here's Jack Wu's contact information, you can contact him on WhatsAPP, he's super nice and very quick to reply. (619)763-0582 - He answered all my questions and provided QC pics and video. He also told me I could get the V8 or V9 and explained the difference. He said the I could get an Asian clone movement or a genuine Swiss, that was probably over all more reliable and easier to service. I asked him several times if it was a new genuine Swiss the movement. I like ordering through Amazon, felt a little more secured. The watched shipped last Monday and I got it on Thursday. Over all, great experience for me. I only felt to jump into this because I saw the review and had just ordered one myself. Also received box and papers w/ serial card. I didn't post any pics of that because that really shouldn't be a factor in deciding if this is a nice rep or not. I didn't get a pic of the inside of the case, but it is engraved with what you would expect on the inside of the Rolex case.

Hope this helps anyone else

VSBo0y.jpg

VSBPuf.jpg

VSB9da.jpg

VSB22Q.jpg

VSBxzg.jpg

VSBkXA.jpg

VSBefR.jpg

VSBn5Z.jpg

VSBRFe.jpg

VSBcnd.jpg

VSBUuK.jpg

VSBJxL.jpg

VSBIzb.jpg

VSByXo.jpg

VSBvw3.jpg

Last edited:

Chazman1946

Banned
4/6/12
Arizona
Here's some photos I got with my iPhone - Sorry, I tried to use my Nikon, but I don't have a macro lens. It's the best I could do. Here's Jack Wu's contact information, you can contact him on WhatsAPP, he's super nice and very quick to reply. (619)763-0582 - He answered all my questions and provided QC pics and video. He also told me I could get the V8 or V9 and explained the difference. He said the I could get an Asian clone movement or a genuine Swiss, that was probably over all more reliable and easier to service. I asked him several times if it was a new genuine Swiss the movement. I like ordering through Amazon, felt a little more secured. The watched shipped last Monday and I got it on Thursday. Over all, great experience for me. I only felt to jump into this because I saw the review and had just ordered one myself. Also received box and papers w/ serial card. I didn't post any pics of that because that really shouldn't be a factor in deciding if this is a nice rep or not. I didn't get a pic of the inside of the case, but it is engraved with what you would expect on the inside of the Rolex case.

Hope this helps anyone else

VSBo0y.jpg

VSBPuf.jpg

VSB9da.jpg

VSB22Q.jpg

VSBxzg.jpg

VSBkXA.jpg

VSBefR.jpg

VSBn5Z.jpg

VSBRFe.jpg

VSBcnd.jpg

VSBUuK.jpg

VSBJxL.jpg

VSBIzb.jpg

VSByXo.jpg

VSBvw3.jpg

Cue the count down before the TD Fanboys tell you this is a worthless, Shanghai back alley POS. These guys are as insular as the "Real Rolex" fanboys on Watchuseek.