• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bergeon 6767 - The ultimate spring bar tool?

Vintage Lover

Known Member
5/6/17
EU
I am tired of cheap flimsy spring bar tools and have decided to purchase the best and most versatile set I can find.

After a lot of reseach, I am strongly considering to buy the Bergeon 6767-F + an extra S-tip to have both the fine and the standard fork. F (fine) for bracelets and the S (standard) for leather straps.

Anyone who have better alternatives or should I go for this combo?

Thought I would buy from here - https://www.westonwatchstraps.co.uk/...hmakers-Tools.

Anyone who have experience from this shop or maybe have better suggestions?

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

Vintage Lover

Known Member
5/6/17
EU
Couldn't wait any longer. After some extra reading and research at different watch forums, I just bought myself the Bergeon 6767-S spring bar tool + an F-tip.

Can't wait to receive the tool and toss out my old flimsy Chinese spring bar tools.

Cheers!

Vintage Lover

Known Member
5/6/17
EU
Vintage Lover It's okay, I certainly wouldn't call it the ultimate...

I use this... " Bergeon 7825 Spring Bar Tweezer Lug"

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bergeon-7...EAAOSwYGFUx727

Not cheap by any stretch... but it is the best in the business. I like my watches... so a worthwhile investment if you ask me. Makes life super easy.

Nice one but yes quite pricy. Well. I already ordered the 6767-F + the extra S-tip. Will see how it works and if I feel like upgrading I will have the Bergeon 7825 in mind.

Thanks for the tip!

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Nice one but yes quite pricy. Well. I already ordered the 6767-F + the extra S-tip. Will see how it works and if I feel like upgrading I will have the Bergeon 7825 in mind.

Thanks for the tip!

You'll likely be fine with it, the 7825 I bought because you can take the straps out without ever risking scratching the lugs.

A few tips if you're new to this, tape your lugs whilst you get use to the tool/watch. Also, make sure you do it from underneath watch. I've seen so many people do it from the front and it's fine... but you've gotta remember thats the side you see. So if you slip...yeah.

You'll find on Rolex products the double springbar tool (7825) is very useful. I bought it because I have a few gens and I want to keep them as pristine as possible. Even the underside!

Vintage Lover

Known Member
5/6/17
EU
You'll likely be fine with it, the 7825 I bought because you can take the straps out without ever risking scratching the lugs.

A few tips if you're new to this, tape your lugs whilst you get use to the tool/watch. Also, make sure you do it from underneath watch. I've seen so many people do it from the front and it's fine... but you've gotta remember thats the side you see. So if you slip...yeah.

You'll find on Rolex products the double springbar tool (7825) is very useful. I bought it because I have a few gens and I want to keep them as pristine as possible. Even the underside!

I totally get your point. I have never considered a tweezer style spring bar tool but can see the benefits for sure. Especially for safe and easy removing of bracelets.
Do you by any mean know how the cheap knockoffs of the Bergeon 6825 hold up? I've seen them on ebay for 10-12 pounds!
I am thinking of getting a tweezer style spring bar tool as well to compliment my 6767 now.

I am not a rookie when it comes to changing straps and bracelets. I have just been using cheap Chinese spring bar tools for way too long and thought it was about time to change that :/

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
I totally get your point. I have never considered a tweezer style spring bar tool but can see the benefits for sure. Especially for safe and easy removing of bracelets.
Do you by any mean know how the cheap knockoffs of the Bergeon 6825 hold up? I've seen them on ebay for 10-12 pounds!
I am thinking of getting a tweezer style spring bar tool as well to compliment my 6767 now.

I am not a rookie when it comes to changing straps and bracelets. I have just been using cheap Chinese spring bar tools for way too long and thought it was about time to change that :/

Tbh I don't... the real burgeon tool is what I have... I have

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6767-S-B...112944&hash=item3aab70f072:g:vS0AAOSw8d9Uxma~

As a backup. Because also sometimes its quite useful when the tweezers/dual action springbar tool doesn't quite get the desired effect.

Don't buy the cheap fakes, they're crap tbh. Buy cheap buy twice.

Just use the normal springbar tool and later if you want invest in the proper 7825 do so.

If you only rarely change straps probably not worth the roughly £125... but I tell you what, sometimes ebay have flash sales where they'll give you 20% off everything. Happens maybe 1-3 times a year normally just for 1 day and they dont announce it. But that's how I bought mine... got it for £120 from HSWALSH + a 20% discount so became £96 which I was happy with. So add it to your watchlist and wait till a sale comes on. That's what I do on numerous products that I want... just can't justify at full price.

Vintage Lover

Known Member
5/6/17
EU
Tbh I don't... the real burgeon tool is what I have... I have

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6767-S-B...112944&hash=item3aab70f072:g:vS0AAOSw8d9Uxma~

As a backup. Because also sometimes its quite useful when the tweezers/dual action springbar tool doesn't quite get the desired effect.

Don't buy the cheap fakes, they're crap tbh. Buy cheap buy twice.

Just use the normal springbar tool and later if you want invest in the proper 7825 do so.

If you only rarely change straps probably not worth the roughly £125... but I tell you what, sometimes ebay have flash sales where they'll give you 20% off everything. Happens maybe 1-3 times a year normally just for 1 day and they don't announce it. But that's how I bought mine... got it for £120 from HSWALSH + a 20% discount so became £96 which I was happy with. So add it to your watchlist and wait till a sale comes on. That's what I do on numerous products that I want... just can't justify at full price.

Done. Added the 7825 to my eBay watchlist and will forget about the knockoffs. As you mention, I do not change straps or bracelet that often. Actually quite rarely since I tend to find straps that compliment the watches perfectly to my liking and just stick with that and therefore have no need or desire to keep swapping out straps. But of course, it happens and will do every time I get new watches as well.

I am looking forward to trying out the Bergeon 6767 and can't wait to experience the quality compared to the crappy tools I've been used to earlier.

BTW! I did some reading on some Rolex forums regarding Bergeon tweezers. Seems like the 7825 overall won most people over since is basically the same tool as the official Rolex 3200 tool that is being used at the Rolex service facilities. I guess that's why you chose the 7825 over the 6825 right? Overall just a better feeling tool that seems to do the job better than the 6825.

Pierre Le Trek

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
13/3/19
UK
This is an interesting reading. I got a tweezer type spring bar remover tool from ebay (cheapy). I find it very awkward to use and have stuck to the single bar removal tool. After having a look here I might think about getting a decent quality removal tool as I am always swapping my straps and bracelets. I would like to avoid lug scratches and thats why I tried the tweezer type in the first place. I should have known better.......you get what you pay for and quality always wins in the end.
Thanks for sharing your experience.

Vintage Lover

Known Member
5/6/17
EU
This is an interesting reading. I got a tweezer type spring bar remover tool from ebay (cheapy). I find it very awkward to use and have stuck to the single bar removal tool. After having a look here I might think about getting a decent quality removal tool as I am always swapping my straps and bracelets. I would like to avoid lug scratches and thats why I tried the tweezer type in the first place. I should have known better.......you get what you pay for and quality always wins in the end.
Thanks for sharing your experience.

I am glad to hear this thread is beneficial to other members as well. And yes, you are right! Quality over quantity always!. Seems to me that you are perfectly set with a Bergeon 6767-S + an F-tip and a 7825 tweezer to complete your tool arsenal for strap and bracelet changing.

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Done. Added the 7825 to my eBay watchlist and will forget about the knockoffs. As you mention, I do not change straps or bracelet that often. Actually quite rarely since I tend to find straps that compliment the watches perfectly to my liking and just stick with that and therefore have no need or desire to keep swapping out straps. But of course, it happens and will do every time I get new watches as well.

I am looking forward to trying out the Bergeon 6767 and can't wait to experience the quality compared to the crappy tools I've been used to earlier.

BTW! I did some reading on some Rolex forums regarding Bergeon tweezers. Seems like the 7825 overall won most people over since is basically the same tool as the official Rolex 3200 tool that is being used at the Rolex service facilities. I guess that's why you chose the 7825 over the 6825 right? Overall just a better feeling tool that seems to do the job better than the 6825.

Yeah the 7825 is what Rolex themselves use, albeit theirs isn't branded with Bergeon :p

Pierre Le Trek Yeah the Knock offs are totally different. It's all about the "teeth" that touch.

Funnily enough, I find the 7825 the best tool to take the bracelet off, but the actual normal springbar tool is the best to put back on the watch

Last edited:

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
I am glad to hear this thread is beneficial to other members as well. And yes, you are right! Quality over quantity always!. Seems to me that you are perfectly set with a Bergeon 6767-S + an F-tip and a 7825 tweezer to complete your tool arsenal for strap and bracelet changing.

Exactly rght