• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Where to source gen parts?

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
From time to time i'm looking for gen parts to improve my reps (aka franken).
Since I was unable to find a part that i'm looking for (a vacheron constantin dial), I thought to ask the advice of this community and maybe to create a list of sites \ sources for others to use.

Gen parts sources (last update: 2019-08-30):
1) RWI M2M
2) RWG M2M
3) Chrono24 (check for papers)
4) ebay (check seller rating, ask for papers if exists and use "Authenticity Verified" filter if possible)
5) chrono-shop (search sucks, not the best reputation)
6) KSwatches (a TD here) offers Rolex parts here
7) TRF mainly for Rolex parts, but also other brands
8) Esslinger offers generic parts

Feel free to suggest more sources, and i'll update this post (and hopefully find the parts i need :)).

Last edited:

cheld

Renowned Member
Supporter
7/3/18
https://www.chrono-shop.net/

Problem is that their search engine is dog poop and they keep their sold items on their website, so you'll get all excited that you found a Sub hour hand with perfect lume to match your minute hand and dial and it'll be sold out :mad:

Reactions: csthe

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
https://www.chrono-shop.net/

Problem is that their search engine is dog poop and they keep their sold items on their website, so you'll get all excited that you found a Sub hour hand with perfect lume to match your minute hand and dial and it'll be sold out :mad:

Thank you mate! I've added them to the list. The search results are not so relevant, but they have nice stock.

Asmodeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/4/15
From time to time i'm looking for gen parts to improve my reps (aka franken).
Since I was unable to find a part that i'm looking for (a vacheron constantin dial), I thought to ask the advice of this community and maybe to create a list of sites \ sources for others to use.

Gen parts sources (last update: 2019-06-17):
1) RWI M2M
2) RWG M2M
3) Chrono24 (check for papers)
4) ebay (check seller rating, ask for papers if exists and use "Authenticity Verified" filter)
5) chrono-shop (search sucks)

Feel free to suggest more sources, and i'll update this post (and hopefully find the parts i need :)).

4) You can't use authenticity verified for parts, there are no papers aswell. Only blisters, which are usually teared apart to hide serial numbers of the part.
5) They have not the best reputation around.

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
4) You can't use authenticity verified for parts, there are no papers aswell. Only blisters, which are usually teared apart to hide serial numbers of the part.
5) They have not the best reputation around.

Thank you, updated