• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Any experience with gold plating/refinishing gold watches in EU

WatchaholicMallorca

Renowned Member
2/9/16
Hi guys.
Just wondering if anybody here has any experience with refinishing/replating gold plated watches? I've had my noob daytona for a few months now and the plating is really showing signs of fading. Wondered if any of the modders on here have any experience in replating watches?
Any advice would be appreciated,
Thanks!

JOP

Renowned Member
30/1/17
You need to have your watch in parts and then ask in a jewelry workshop for a tough plating according your needs.
The best work on it, can't cost over 70 - 90 euro.

If you like, ask your local pharmacist about your level of acidity. There is a cheap test about.
In case that you are too acid, it's better to fix your diet while you waiting your watch.

A good local plating will be many times stronger than the average on reps.

WatchaholicMallorca

Renowned Member
2/9/16
You need to have your watch in parts and then ask in a jewelry workshop for a tough plating according your needs.
The best work on it, can't cost over 70 - 90 euro.

If you like, ask your local pharmacist about your level of acidity. There is a cheap test about.
In case that you are too acid, it's better to fix your diet while you waiting your watch.

A good local plating will be many times stronger than the average on reps.

Thanks mate, I live on a smallish island and wouldn’t trust any of the local jewelers to plate a Euro coin let alone a watch haha, most of these shops are tourist trap shops selling cheap chains etc

JOP

Renowned Member
30/1/17
Don't mention it.
Ask about the one that take over repairs, will definitely have an affiliate workshop that does plating.

Don't be tough with your island, bigger islands have bad weather, poisonous butterflies and ridiculous speed limits...

Reactions: WatchaholicMallorca