• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rejected QC pics ARF V3 126600 Sea Dweller

cpd2186

Runway Model
Supporter
5/4/16
I 100% understand the bezel paint issue. However, in my opinion, the date alignment that you have identified as being an issue on both watches is crazy. Refunding a customer’s money on the purchase of a replica watch from China can be a protracted process, but if I was a TD I’d refund after the second rejection...every time. I hope you land a good watch but something tells me you will never be satisfied.

Your so mean.... I, one time, rejected 32 in a row with no problems.... I recommend everyone do this!

Reactions: tripdog and Tucker

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
ARF v2 is a much better option. Plenty pop up on M2M. I just bought a new one from Prof Steve with his Xtal. Perfect!

E3DFFF41-A748-4797-ABD2-614AE5793B03_zpsqov3w7a8.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: TESLA760 and Aldo69

Aldo69

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/12
ARF v2 is a much better option. Plenty pop up on M2M. I just bought a new one from Prof Steve with his Xtal. Perfect!

Missed a few on M2M as no access to forum at work anymore. Was always my intention to try source one in the Eu, but as time went on I thought I’d give PT a try. Not my first rodeo guys. Been doing this for years, so tread lightly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aldo69

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/12

How can the factory go from something so good with V2’s like yours, update it, and make such a monumental c@ck of it. Amazing.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Not my first rodeo guys. Been doing this for years, so tread lightly.

Then you remember when there were no QC pictures. You just had to hope: 1) that you received the watch that you had ordered; and 2) that it was working when it arrived. QC pics were invented to address those two issues. Unfortunately, it has gotten completely out of control.

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
To be honest, I'd probably get the Noob. If you can.

That's exactly what I did. The date wheel is the thing that can drive the nuts, most. I went with the noob red line and I'd do it every time. Threads like this, just confirm my decision.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Aldo69

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/12
That's exactly what I did. The date wheel is the thing that can drive the nuts, most. I went with the noob red line and I'd do it every time. Threads like this, just confirm my decision.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I did ask for a chance to swap for a Noob 126600 but was told “Noob on holiday, no easy to get now”

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Been doing this for years, so tread lightly.

I've been doing this not long at all. If I had been offered the 2nd watch. I would have accepted it. It was perfect, the date wheel isn't quite right. But that isn't unique to one watch, it's not an error that will be fixed with another round of QC. It is a known flaw... ie it was present on the 1st one, it was present on the 2nd and it'll be present on the 3rd. 4th and even likely to be present on the 21313213th QC round.

Before I ordered my first rep, I made sure I knew what flaws to expect in the model and then you know what to accept in QC. I feel like you want a perfect watch, when it doesn't exist. You have to modify the V3 to make the date wheel look better.

Here's some other flaws with the ARF 126600...

Crown guards are too big/wrong.
Lume colour is white, it should be an off white.
The coronet logo for Rolex isn't quite right.
The 6 O'Clock marker is often too close to the bottom.
The "S" in SWISS MADE isn't quite right.
bezel numbers will most likely flake off (paint mod / spongebob / USD Plating)

One member on here kept talking about the SEL's... but in all the pictures I've seen they're pretty good. People seem obsessed with SEL... but I have gen Rolex's infront of me that have worse looking SEL than some of the pictures here... its crazy.

You're asking perfection out of $500. It doesn't exist. You can get a very good representation of the real thing for $500 and for another $500 worth of mods you can make it 90-95% as good.

Just for your info I'm looking at getting one of these too...

But I'll be doing this from what I've researched...

Noob v2 - Watch
ARF Bracelet
ARF Case-back
Prof Black Hole Crystal
Gen Date Wheel as an overlay
ETA 2836 - Genuine Swiss

Then in the future at some point. I'll get the bezel numbers fixed by USD Plating.

That really seems to the best combo you can do money wise. Unless you can find Gen crystal / bezel insert.

Anyway regardless, good luck with the next QC. Just accept the fact that the date wheel on V3 will never be right... you won't find one that is perfect. It doesn't exist. They likely print off a 1000 at a time and they're not going to remake them as it cuts into their profit. In a 1000 watches time, there will be a reprint and this time they might get it better or even worse. Who knows.

Reactions: Dano-D

Aldo69

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/12
Well. After a long ride, we got there in the end. Finally found a half decent base for modding. Been kinda talked into it by reading up on these things so once it lands, hopefully get a gen Crystal and 3135 gen DWO for starters and a decent waterproofing.
Thanks James for keeping me sane, even when they offered me one with a decent date, but the ceramic insert was broken. The trials and tribulations of QC. Anyway. Thanks to Elena at PT for her patience.

1607e3f11ce84602582ae4d06cce6f94.jpg

1ad7d5078309522bd5c7c60141ce97d0.jpg

Reactions: Sonofalich

Troklo

23/12/15
That one looks really nice actually. Congrats on your new watch

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Well. After a long ride, we got there in the end. Finally found a half decent base for modding. Been kinda talked into it by reading up on these things so once it lands, hopefully get a gen Crystal and 3135 gen DWO for starters and a decent waterproofing.
Thanks James for keeping me sane, even when they offered me one with a decent date, but the ceramic insert was broken. The trials and tribulations of QC. Anyway. Thanks to Elena at PT for her patience.

Glad it worked out and hoping my QC will be a lot easier when I order my 126600! Now the painful waiting for it to arrive :(

Aldo69

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/12
Trials and tribulations of QC ? How did you survive this physically draining process ? Must feel like you aged 10 years ? The scars will heal over time. Thoughts and prayers go out to you

Does one detect a hint of cynicism, o great one who is so much better than everyone else?

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
You're all in so much pain. What an excruciating hobby this must be for you !

Why do you take the words so literally? When one would assume you realise these are slight exaggerations and not only that, but general expressions.Colloquialisms too...
Seems a tremendous waste of energy if you ask me. Anyway regardless of your bizarre obsession for the literal meanings in sentences... you crack on. Enjoy yourself.

Aldo69

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/12
Why do you take the words so literally? When one would assume you realise these are slight exaggerations and not only that, but general expressions.Colloquialisms too...
Seems a tremendous waste of energy if you ask me. Anyway regardless of your bizarre obsession for the literal meanings in sentences... you crack on. Enjoy yourself.

Aye. What he said. ????????????????????????

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Sounds like both of you have weathered an incredible storm, and should be considered commendable survivors ! One can only begin to imagine the treacherous times you've experienced. I hope you find healing in your 1:1 fake chinese watches.

Aldo69

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/12
Sounds like both of you have weathered an incredible storm, and should be considered commendable survivors ! One can only begin to imagine the treacherous times you've experienced. I hope you find healing in your 1:1 fake chinese watches.

What is your problem. I remember you being a bit of a @@@@ a few years ago but you seem to have gone full blown now. Get over yourself. T@sser.

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom

To quote my very eloquent mother.

"Who put 50p in the dickhead?"

Reactions: Aldo69

PennyForTheGuy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/6/19
Southern California, USA
You sound like the kind of guy who could climb a wall of dicks with your hands tied behind your back.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk