• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob factory got raided by police?

SCShrek

SpoonFeeder
7/9/18
South Carolina, US
:rofl: This guy was a scream while he lasted wasn't he? How do you get to be here that long and understand so little?

Jason pulled the plug on him thankfully as it was evident that he wasnt about to show the movement in his watch. I think that's the reason he lasted as long as he did. I know that read was 30 minutes of life I can never get back ;)

Steve_big

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/7/19
repmovseeker

ok ok that’s a little bit of a relief in a way!! Thanks for letting me know. Can you please let me know once you get anything from your TD.

Thanks in advance

watchqueenhi

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
6/5/19
Maybe you could read any number of the posts here.

Nothing is known, everything is speculation.

Yeah Ive read every answer in this thread. Was just curious if anyone els had gotten the same information from another TD.

Curt941

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
26/1/11
For what it is worth i I have been waiting on a Noob 116500 and my TD just told me that they're hearing he'll be back up and running later this week ... So we'll see I guess.

Reactions: watchqueenhi

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
The good old Noob factory as we know it... you see the complex in the background of the picture? If i remember right that is Noobs own gold foundry just the way RLX is doing it. ;)

By seeing this picture, I would believe they do also belong to Foxconn now ;)

Heard also some rumors from different Facebook “resellers” that Noob got raided. However nothing proofed... if I remember correctly, there was some rumors end of last year about Noob and they continued. So maybe this time it will be similar. Cross fingers.!

BenjaminButton

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/8/14
Latest news, and I got this from the horses mouth. Well at least a guy I know who sister’s mother in-law’s cleaners son who worked for another bloke and he was friends with someone else and his friend who’s a really great guy well his wife’s eldest son who’s quite frankly a little odd ... he said... that the noob factory website has a forum and the super hot topic there is about some relentlessly pointless topic on RWI about the noob factory closing that’s just going on and on and on and they are now taking bets on how many replies it can run too. Well that’s what I heard.

Reactions: hibee999 and mega12

goldman555

Known Member
4/8/16
I think there is a big ecosystem in China doing rapid prototyping and different groups making the movements the cases et cetera et cetera it would have to be a big operation to break it up. And the reality is fake goods bring a massive amount of foreign currency into the country.

The Daytona A4130 is probably one of the biggest wake-up calls the watch industry (which is pretty big in Switzerland) can no longer dismiss these replicas.

I've been buying replicas for years, and reliability has always been a problem something falls off here something stops working there Rolex, and others have always had this on their side.

I was talking to a Rolex AD and he told me that the situation with the stainless steel sports models is only getting worse and it's now spreading into the 41 mm stainless steel Datejust

So Rolex is creating the demand for a product which is not made of precious metals but demands over $15,000 on top of the list price that's of course if you can buy one.

The Daytona A4130 the ARF submariner the ARF date just 41 mm are super identical to the original item. On top of this, the killer is that they seem to last and last a lot longer and remain accurate just as much as the original piece.

I would guess that Noob has sold well over a million pieces of the Daytona A4130. As with Panarai, I would imagine there will be a point where secondary dealers will stop reselling them for fear of getting conned. Then there will be a downward spiral in price.

I have said it before and I will say again the Noob Daytona A4130 and ARF subs made out of 904L are extremely extremely hard to tell from the original and something has to give. For $700 the Daytona is an absolute bargain of all bargains. I have genuine pieces that have dodgy SEL's and other stuff that people scream about on here.

Rolex has got a ton of money and their brand is worth billions. The whole new 904L replica game has changed things believe me they will be extremely concerned about this in Switzerland. Hublot big bangs and Panarai went from top-of-the-line brands to nothing because of moderately good replicas. This new generation are super good.

I cannot understand why Rolex doesn't focus on its market manipulation with precious metal watches. These are virtually impossible to fake due to the weight of gold it is very hard to fake a decent gold watch unless you are actually using Gold yet you can pick up a goal Daytona brand-new for roughly the same price as a grey market stainless steel Daytona??? WTF it's just stupid.

goldman555

Known Member
4/8/16
By the way I have also had a confirmed by two TD's of this forum that Noob has been shut down.

I quote

"Sorry but unfortunately Noob is closed currently since their workers were arrested last month ."

That YouTube video comparing their panda to the original must have really PISSED off Rolex. Getting arrested in China is no joke.

LuoIsBoss

I'm Pretty Popular
6/6/17
Scandinavia
By the way I have also had a confirmed by two TD's of this forum that Noob has been shut down.

I quote

"Sorry but unfortunately Noob is closed currently since their workers were arrested last month ."

That YouTube video comparing their panda to the original must have really PISSED off Rolex. Getting arrested in China is no joke.

If you got this information from two TD's please show us the source. (Picture of email etc)

Reactions: MaMo

Art Tic

Time Machine Collector
26/2/17
California
So much hearsay in this thread. Bottom line - This is a lucrative business. Just give them time to sort things out. They will be back, one way or another.
Meanwhile, buy something else.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17

I quote

Noob is not shutdown, they are laying low for a bit, it's been repeatedly said in this topic by staff and other people.

The video have nothing to do with it, it's both the season of raid and other raid happened before.

Getting arrested in China is no joke but where does getting arrested is a joke in the world ? At least in China you can buy your way out sometimes.

The situation is just that they don't communicate on when they'll be up again

If you just search "Noob raided" in the search box, you'll see that there's nothing new to that, you are here since 2016, you should know ;)

Reactions: BenjaminButton