• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob factory got raided by police?

air_supplies

Horology Curious
3/2/17
wonder if it'll drive up noob prices in the short term after they gather their bearings

Toksic

Known Member
25/10/18
i got a noob black sub and will be happy to let it go for a premium.. start bidding ...ha ha :punk::punk:

ps: Its supposed to be a joke as i am the last one to break rules on here. :rulez:

Vache

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
21/6/19
Intime have announcement stating that those who hasnt received their QC photos will start receiving them after July 10th, and that they're "almost ready" to accept orders soon. So reading between the line I'd say this will blow over mid to end of July?

I got a similar email from another TD saying that they were not taking orders before July 4th, so I believe that things are close to get back on track.

BenjaminButton

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/8/14
Fuck me I thought I could babble on about nothing but 284 replies (ironically inclusive of this one) proving the old adage that opinions are like arseholes, everybody has one. That’s obviously just my opinion. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: KSwatches

blackceramic

11/11/18
Intime have announcement stating that those who hasnt received their QC photos will start receiving them after July 10th, and that they're "almost ready" to accept orders soon. So reading between the line I'd say this will blow over mid to end of July?

Has anyone received any noob QC pictures yet?

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
that wouldn't surprise me, end of July is close to August :p

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
All of this is just unsustained gossip and rumors. It’s not like the factories are announcing anything. The only thing we actually know for sure is that noob is out of business for now.

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
I’d take that information with a grain of salt. I’m not saying he is lying but none of us know what he was told and by whom exactly and how reliable the information he got is.

I’m hoping this doesn’t drag out any longer than that but PT started by saying noob was taking a few weeks summer break and now several weeks have passed and the new rumor is until August. It’s a bit hard for me to trust any of these ‘announcements’ I’m just waiting hoping they will be back soon.

SCShrek

SpoonFeeder
7/9/18
South Carolina, US
I’d take that information with a grain of salt. I’m not saying he is lying but none of us know what he was told and by whom exactly and how reliable the information he got is.

I’m hoping this doesn’t drag out any longer than that but PT started by saying noob was taking a few weeks summer break and now several weeks have passed and the new rumor is until August. It’s a bit hard for me to trust any of these ‘announcements’ I’m just waiting hoping they will be back soon.

No doubt as I don’t take Kevin as gospel, but it does give me hope that Noob will be back soon and a TD that deals with the factories is at least a better source than my brother’s cousin’s Aunt said....:p

nothing is for sure until it happens after all.

Reactions: xartan

Steve_big

8/7/19
So I bought a Rolex sub from a trusted dealer. From the arf factory and he told me it’s shut down also.....

Can anyone please help??

Steve_big

8/7/19
So I bought a Rolex from a trusted rep ewhich I order through the arf factory how has said that it’s closed also....

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
So I bought a Rolex sub from a trusted dealer. From the arf factory and he told me it’s shut down also.....

Can anyone please help??

Did the dealer give you an estimate for when they'll reopen?

Steve_big

8/7/19
Rx4Time

No they have not provided me with a eta as he doesn’t know.

Not sure why he didn’t tell me prior to making the payment!

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Rx4Time

No they have not provided me with a eta as he doesn’t know.

Not sure why he didn’t tell me prior to making the payment!

Unfortunately most dealers don't carry inventory, So unless it's an extremely popular model, or a QA reject, they rarely have it on hand. This is why it's always a good idea to do a stock check before purchasing

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
A guy on the facebook forums, which is a huge customer of Ryan, got the rumors from Ryan himself.

So, you heard it from a guy who heard it from another guy who may have been Ryan (who knows?)?
Makers shut up shop for a while all the time, it's not that unusual mate. There was a series of raids, people got busted and jailed. It will blow over eventually.