• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob factory got raided by police?

Pippo9

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/11/16
I'm waiting on a PAM 111 from Noob. Have considered looking at VSF for a 312 instead, or even the ZF 1312. But decided to stick it out for the 111 for now.

Just recently took delivery of a Noob v9 Hulk just before the supply issue, so that has quenched my thirst for watches for now, so happy to wait this one out.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Dantona1984

6/2/17
England
Does this Noob issue mean we can sell our Daytona’s at Amazon-esque hyper inflated prices and stay within the site rules? Asking erm...for a friend haha.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Does this Noob issue mean we can sell our Daytona’s at Amazon-esque hyper inflated prices and stay within the site rules? Asking erm...for a friend haha.

Try it , and find out ...

Reactions: Dantona1984

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19

The rep market is like the gen Grey market. Now we know why pepsi’s We’re sellig almost twice MSRP,

marlin2284

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
1/2/12
My understanding is they will be back in around 3 weeks, hanging low till things cool down.

mariov

Horology Curious
29/11/14
New York
What would you guys do if your order was with an “affected” factory?

Wait, pick a different model/factory, refund so on and so forth. Would like to hear your point of view.

Ill be waiting for mine, but would be open to choose something else.

I ordered a noob v9 with bk that got affected and we switched it to an arf daytona which was much cheaper.. then when noob reopens bk will accept the remainder and purchase the sub.

Desertwanderer

13/2/19
I am late to the party, but one of our long time members here and over on Repgeek is a US Secret Service agent. He only bought Pams. I haven't seen him posting in years, but back in 2008 through 2010 or 2011 he was really active. He routinely shared stories about jobs and stuff. Like many of us, he preferred to wear a rep when doing stuff where he knew it was going to be beaten up. There are a ton of other law enforcement officers here on the boards, as well. In fact, one of the Rolex section mods and sub gurus is a retired NYPD detective.

Yep... totally get why you would want a rep if going into dangerous situations or as a back up to your gen. Not sure that was the reasoning of the OP though which wasnt clear.

Last edited:

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Yep... totally get why you would want a rep if going into dangerous situations or as a back up to your gen. Not sure that was the reasoning of the OP though which wasnt clear.

Tbh, I don't see why anyone in a dangerous situation would trust a rep. Time is a very important factor in the military... most operators that I have dealt with and including myself are using some form of G-Shock.

https://g-shock.co.uk/gw-m5610-1er

Is my personal choice. I have seen a seal with a Submariner on and some members of our special forces wearing some mechanical watches. But they are few and far between, most are using quartz movements, as they are able to be insulated and protected more from shock. They're also far quicker to glance at for the exact time and plus the reflective qualities of sapphire glass isn't always your best friend.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Tbh, I don't see why anyone in a dangerous situation would trust a rep. Time is a very important factor in the military... most operators that I have dealt with and including myself are using some form of G-Shock.

https://g-shock.co.uk/gw-m5610-1er

Is my personal choice. I have seen a seal with a Submariner on and some members of our special forces wearing some mechanical watches. But they are few and far between, most are using quartz movements, as they are able to be insulated and protected more from shock. They're also far quicker to glance at for the exact time and plus the reflective qualities of sapphire glass isn't always your best friend.

heres mine :D

IMG-0335.jpg

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
I ordered a v9 and a VRF over a month and a half ago I got an email or two from Ryan saying the “office got flooded”an they need time to repair so they are on a break haha. Hopefully they’ll be back soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pulp fiction

12/7/15
Any updates on this from the tds?

Intime have announcement stating that those who hasnt received their QC photos will start receiving them after July 10th, and that they're "almost ready" to accept orders soon. So reading between the line I'd say this will blow over mid to end of July?

Reactions: mariov