• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob factory got raided by police?

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
I joined. 7 years ago, doesn't mean I look here regularly, to be honest, 7 years ago the replicas were so scrappy Stevie Wonder could tell the difference and I wasn't interested.

When I started getting interested to the point of considering a replica is when I saw my first Tissel which is a legit watch. I thought it the can make a watch like that for $300 with an 9015 movement in it perhaps the Rep industry is up to speed. I bought the Tissel.Kermit and the black dial no date. Later flipped them both for something else.

Recent videos on you tube with comparisons of the Noob Hulk to a gen Ceramic Sub convinced me try one out.

I was skeptical of the Amazon site as well, but when 10 out of 11 reviews give it 5 Stars and including photos I was impressed. When Amazon catagorizes these reviews as been made as "Verified Purchases" that erased in my mind that they were shill reviews, that is unless Amazon is in cahoots with "Noob Factory" the seller, to promote a scam.

I fully intend to open the case of the watch when I get it, take photos of it and place them here for review, and if it is a legit ETA 2826, do I get to screw your wife, or will just a quick B.J. do?

You guys seem more into protecting your TDs, then being open to competition with an open mind, you remind me of the Rolex Fanboys on Watchuseek, when I had the temerity to tell them, that I, an owner of a Legit 16610 think the pricing of new Rolexes is obscene and you have to drink gallons of their Kool-Aid to pay over $5K for any Staiinless Steel model!

​​​​

This Amazon ‘Noob’ first came up about 18 months ago. The brother of a forum member bought one and it turned out to be a piece of junk. Certainly not a Noob.

Chazman1946

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
4/6/12
Arizona
Funny, 10 out of 11 Amazonl"Verified Purchases" reviews of the V8 came up "5 Stars", only one negative review, and that was done by a Rep hater??

I kind of give more credence to "Verified Purchasers" reviews the that of second cousins, friend of a friend says they're crap.

But that's just me!

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Funny, 10 out of 11 Amazonl"Verified Purchases" reviews of the V8 came up "5 Stars", only one negative review, and that was done by a Rep hater??

I kind of give more credence to "Verified Purchasers" reviews the that of second cousins, friend of a friend says they're crap.

But that's just me!

Ok i give up thinking that you are serious.

Please do a full review of your amazon acquisition.

Chazman1946

Banned
4/6/12
Arizona
I buy stuff and give reviews on Amazon all the time, I always check out the verified purchaser's reviews of products I'm interested in, before considering buying them

I'm surprised you wouldn't feel the same way???

Last edited:

jamesezra

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/4/16
Back to the topic on hand, I received this from a TD's newsletter today. Trying to connect the dots here but this could be referring to our dear Noob.

"There is a particular watchmaker that is currently needing to deal with some things, and it has slowed down their operations. There is a chance that he has temporarily suspended their operations, and no watches will be coming from them, for a short period of time.

We will not divulge who the maker is over this newsletter, however, if you want to order a watch from us from this maker, we will explain to you before you make your purchase."

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
One would hope so, but if it isn't and they start picking off one by one all of the Rep manufacturers, the whole Rep industry will be put on hold for a year or two till they can move to another country outside of China, if being able to recoup at all? Or they will have to just have to make legitimate watches, with fewer profits?

If that's the case, it signals to me that the Trade War with Trump and China is a losing battle for China and they are cracking down on intellectual theft and counterfeiting to make a deal!

Dude.....
You are just wrong. Raids happen routinely and makers are back in business, usually not long after the raids.

Trade wars have exactly zero to do with the rep business. No one pays any taxes, fees, Tarrifs or customs on reps. Reps are counterfeits. All of these fees/taxes etc are on legitimate products.

Reactions: erekose and Tucker

Desertwanderer

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/2/19
My English isn't too bad considering I am born and raised American and have a Master's Degree in Criminal Justice. Jack Wu's sti!ted English in our Whatsapp text exchanges sounds nothing alike!

Purchasing a Noob V9, then a couple of days later, (before it is delivered) reading here that the Noob Factory was raided and closed. Me posting here with my concerns about that doesn't make sense?

It wouldn't make sense if I wasn't concerned!

​​

​​​​​​

You have a masters degree in criminal justice.... yet you openly buy Rep/Fake watches... How does that conversation go down when someone comments on your watch?

Reactions: erekose

Chazman1946

Banned
4/6/12
Arizona
Dude.....
You are just wrong. Raids happen routinely and makers are back in business, usually not long after the raids.

Trade wars have exactly zero to do with the rep business. No one pays any taxes, fees, Tarrifs or customs on reps. Reps are counterfeits. All of these fees/taxes etc are on legitimate products.

Tariffs are putting the hurt on China, the government is playing around with their money and subsidizing the businesses that have the tariffs hit on them to keep them in business. Part of the beef the U.S. has with China besides the trade deficit is the stealing of intellectual property and Counterfeit Goods. Going after the Rep businesses could be a show of reigning in of the counterfeit goods part of this equation. I could be wrong, but let's see if any more Rep factories get raided and closed and what the Trade is, if Trump and the Chinese leader make a deal.

Last edited:

Chazman1946

Banned
4/6/12
Arizona
You have a masters degree in criminal justice.... yet you openly buy Rep/Fake watches... How does that conversation go down when someone comments on your watch?

I making the purchase for inspection to see how well the watches are made. If I'm to be considered a fraud and a crook wearing it, what are the whole gaggle of members here?

My response to someone who will inquire about my (yet to be acquired) "Smurf" will be, "It's a fake of course, do I look like the kind of guy who would wear a real $30,000 watch, one that looks like it's Stainless Steel?"

Last edited:

Desertwanderer

13/2/19
I making the purchase for inspection to see how well the watches are made. If I'm to be considered a fraud and a crook wearing it, what are the whole gaggle of members here?

My response to someone who will inquire about my (yet to be acquired) "Smurf" will be, "It's a fake of course, do I look like the kind of guy who would wear a real $30,000 watch, one that looks like it's Stainless Steel?"

Your structured use of English is interesting for sure.

I never said you were a fraud or a crook, that was your interpretation. Buying rep watches in the US is legal, selling them isnt legal. Producing and selling them in China is clearly illegal. As someone who has studied law at a very senior level i presume you work in that field and as such you are normally expected to hold yourself to quite a high moral standard, or at least most people i meet in the judicial system do. Im interested as to how you are explaining it to yourself.

Your last response doesn't really make sense to me....?

"It's a fake of course, do I look like the kind of guy who would wear a real $30,000 watch, one that looks like it's Stainless Steel?"

Are you saying the real watch looks like its Stainless Steel?
Are you saying you dont look like a guy who could own a $30,000 watch?
Or are you saying the rep looks like an inferior stainless steel copy? If the latter and you are actually wearing it then actually you are that very guy you are describing.......

Rolexx

Renowned Member
21/1/15
This happens literally every year. The industry isn’t gonna die, things will go back to normal once the officials get their money. Give it time and relax.

kopite81

2/12/18
fcf1699bc83e820b0c5d3b0c9b239685.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chazman1946

Banned
4/6/12
Arizona
"
Your structured use of English is interesting for sure.

I never said you were a fraud or a crook, that was your interpretation. Buying rep watches in the US is legal, selling them isnt legal. Producing and selling them in China is clearly illegal. As someone who has studied law at a very senior level i presume you work in that field and as such you are normally expected to hold yourself to quite a high moral standard, or at least most people i meet in the judicial system do. Im interested as to how you are explaining it to yourself.

Your last response doesn't really make sense to me....?

"It's a fake of course, do I look like the kind of guy who would wear a real $30,000 watch, one that looks like it's Stainless Steel?"

Are you saying the real watch looks like its Stainless Steel?
Are you saying you dont look like a guy who could own a $30,000 watch?
Or are you saying the rep looks like an inferior stainless steel copy? If the latter and you are actually wearing it then actually you are that very guy you are describing.......

Your structured English is in doubt itself, it shows to me English isn't your 1st language. As far as ethics go, well, I never voted for a Democrat in my life, doesn't that count?

I didn't work in the Judicial System, I am a retired Police Detective, and since you most eloquently pointed out, "owning a fake watch isn't a crime", so why should that bother me right? Isn't that the logic you guys use here to justify violating your "High Moral Standards"???

The watch I ordered in 904 Stainless looks strikingly similar to white gold, and probably fool most, even those in the know who couldn't tell until you handed them the watch and they saw how light it was compared to the real deal.

What I'm saying about wearing a $30K watch is, if I was so predisposed to wear a solid gold watch (I'm not) I wouldn't pick a color that made it look like stainless steel, what's the point then, of being a poser and not pose?

If anyone is going to ask me if this watch is real, I'm going, to be honest, and tell them "it's a fake". Most will think you are lying about that response and think it's real anyway.

Capeesh?

Last edited:

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Tariffs are putting the hurt on China, the government is playing around with their money and subsidizing the businesses that have the tariffs hit on them to keep them in business. Part of the beef the U.S. has with China besides the trade deficit is the stealing of intellectual property and Counterfeit Goods. Going after the Rep businesses could be a show of reigning in of the counterfeit goods part of this equation. I could be wrong, but let's see if any more Rep factories get raided and closed and what the Trade is, if Trump and the Chinese leader make a deal.

Tell that taffif / hurt thing to US farmers, especially Soy. Trump’s administration does not care about copyright infringement on luxury goods - they are a European thing, the US does not make luxury items. When Trump talkes about copyright infringement he’s talking about issues which affect US companies - mainly tech. Trump is not some kind of white knight for the Swiss watch industry.

On topic, when people have been in the game for years and they tell you you‘re wrong you may want to listen - your masters does not give you any advantage around here.

Also steel looks nothing like white gold / rhodium. And I do mean nothing - its a complety different colour.

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Dude.....

This. OP, you might want to check out what happened to GF late last year: that's the factory producing some of the most stunning Breitling reps. They went under in October last year, owner was rumored to have been arrested, their watches disappear from all TDs websites for the next 4 months, until they pop back up again in March this year.

PlastikMan

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/8/17
This. OP, you might want to check out what happened to GF late last year: that's the factory producing some of the most stunning Breitling reps. They went under in October last year, owner was rumored to have been arrested, their watches disappear from all TDs websites for the next 4 months, until they pop back up again in March this year.

True that... in fact I have just received a watch from that factory

Desertwanderer

13/2/19
"

Your structured English is in doubt itself, it shows to me English isn't your 1st language. As far as ethics go, well, I never voted for a Democrat in my life, doesn't that count?

I didn't work in the Judicial System, I am a retired Police Detective, and since you most eloquently pointed out, "owning a fake watch isn't a crime", so why should that bother me right? Isn't that the logic you guys use here to justify violating your "High Moral Standards"???

The watch I ordered in 904 Stainless looks strikingly similar to white gold, and probably fool most, even those in the know who couldn't tell until you handed them the watch and they saw how light it was compared to the real deal.

What I'm saying about wearing a $30K watch is, if I was so predisposed to wear a solid gold watch (I'm not) I wouldn't pick a color that made it look like stainless steel, what's the point then, of being a poser and not pose?

If anyone is going to ask me if this watch is real, I'm going, to be honest, and tell them "it's a fake". Most will think you are lying about that response and think it's real anyway.

Capeesh?

Happy to be educated in English. Fire away Detective.

PhilRRS

Banned
17/4/17
I have a note from my dealer that noob orders are held until end of june at least.

Flinnt

Known Member
31/5/19
Downunder
I had one on order. Dealer has told me it will be at least another 3-4 weeks now and given me the opportunity to change the order.

Chazman1946

Banned
4/6/12
Arizona
Tell that taffif / hurt thing to US farmers, especially Soy. Trump’s administration does not care about copyright infringement on luxury goods - they are a European thing, the US does not make luxury items. When Trump talkes about copyright infringement he’s talking about issues which affect US companies - mainly tech. Trump is not some kind of white knight for the Swiss watch industry.

On topic, when people have been in the game for years and they tell you you‘re wrong you may want to listen - your masters does not give you any advantage around here.

Also steel looks nothing like white gold / rhodium. And I do mean nothing - its a complety different colour.

My "Masters"? WTF are you talking about, I'm an American we gave up masters about 250 years ago, we are Citizens not subjects!

As far as White Gold vs Stainless, see how much of a visual.difference there is between it and 904L stainless, hardly any at all!