• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob factory got raided by police?

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
My TD told me that Noob and JF are laying low for now, as raids are common for this time of year. They'll be back up in a couple weeks or so.

Reactions: Fleischwolf

Russell66

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/3/19
Yeah, and ours is confined to 68 square miles on the Potomac River.

A swift google search of the Potomac River and all becomes clear. I was half expecting the river to be in Columbia, maybe Mexico, perhaps it is somewhere in Africa but no, i see where the corruption is now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hyjynx

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
So NOOB Factory and Jack Wu isn't a trusted TD? I paid $694 for the V9 Smurf with ETA Movement and expedited 10-day shipping for another $24. I put the payment on Amazon on my Amazon credit card with 0% interest, on 18 monthly installments. Can't get much more bulletproof a transaction than that. If the watch isn't shipped in a few days, I can cancel via Amazon and not lose a penny!

Which Noob-Mariner did you purchase? There's two of them on Amazon, please provide a link.

Chazman1946

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
4/6/12
Arizona

No, this one, and he stated they could get me a blue dial smurf, even sent me the video of it on Whatsapp.

https://www.amazon.com/WLISTH-Latest...f=cts_wa_2_vtp

If you checkout the questions section on the sight you listed, you will see this same Jack Wu giving his contact info, so this is from the same source.

Also noted, there are 11 reviews on the V8 site you listed, 10 ratings are 5 Star, and 1 one star from some Rep hater. All of the 5 Star reviews are from confirmed purchases by Amazon, so this rules out the padded bogus reviews. I was told the difference between the V8 and the V9 was an upgraded bezel.

Last edited:

Chazman1946

Banned
4/6/12
Arizona
no you better step up your "long time lurker" status and do some reading - at least you had enough time to do so. If you have to ask this questions you have probably never read more than the forum name after registration in 2012...

come on - you have to be kidding... is it this hard?

No it's not hard at all, I occasionally peruse this forum to see if the Reps are coming up to speed to my satisfaction to lay down some cash. It's taken 7 years for me to see something like the Noob V8 or V9 to pique my interest.

Why does this seem so strange to you?

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
No, this one, and he stated they could get me a blue dial smurf, even sent me the video of it on Whatsapp.

https://www.amazon.com/WLISTH-Latest...f=cts_wa_2_vtp

If you checkout the questions section on the sight you listed, you will see this same Jack Wu giving his contact info, so this is from the same source.

Also noted, there are 11 reviews on the V8 site you listed, 10 ratings are 5 Star, and 1 one star from some Rep hater. All of the 5 Star reviews are from confirmed purchases by Amazon, so this rules out the padded bogus reviews. I was told the difference between the V8 and the V9 was an upgraded bezel.

Interesting, I'd like to hear some opinions from some of our rep Rolex experts out there. pompompurin

Last edited:

Chazman1946

Banned
4/6/12
Arizona
Interesting, I'd like to hear some opinions from some of our rep Rolex experts out there. pompompurin

I just got done conversing with Jack Wu on WhatsApp and he stated they had the watch I wanted and will send it out ASAP. I will report on when it was actually sent out, and upon arrival will report on it's quality. Since I already own a Gen 16610 I bought new from an AD in Hong Kong back in 1996, I know a little bit about Rolex. The newer Steinharts have as nice if not nicer bracelet then my Gen, which by today's new ceramic sub standards is pretty pathetic.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
I just got done conversing with Jack Wu on WhatsApp and he stated they had the watch I wanted and will send it out ASAP. I will report on when it was actually sent out, and upon arrival will report on it's quality. Since I already own a Gen 16610 I bought new from an AD in Hong Kong back in 1996, I know a little bit about Rolex. The newer Steinharts have as nice if not nicer bracelet then my Gen, which by today's new ceramic sub standards is pretty pathetic.

Looking forward to read your report. All the best.

erekose

Renowned Member
Supporter
13/2/12
Tokyo
No it's not hard at all, I occasionally peruse this forum to see if the Reps are coming up to speed to my satisfaction to lay down some cash. It's taken 7 years for me to see something like the Noob V8 or V9 to pique my interest.

Why does this seem so strange to you?
It probably seems strange because you did a lot of the things that someone who has read on this forum for any amount of time would know they should not do. Not a big deal as the only one who will really be impacted is yourself and you may learn something.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Streetiq and Tucker

sinsir

I'm Pretty Popular
7/3/11
I've been watching these noobs on Amazon for a couple/few years now. There has been plenty of various misinformation in the listing questions and reviews. Most of the people are pretty naive of the rep world and if you read through its obvious. The description and differences of Vx vs Vx has been false at times as well. I'm suspect on the movements being what they say. If you read up a bit you'll agree.

If you want an ETA noob sub, BK has never disappointed. I'd rather have one my V5 Bks back over these. Why mess with it if you've already found the answers to the darkside here? I get it if you haven't but other than that it makes no sense. BK is the same price or less and superior in every way. M2M sales are plentiful. And a multitude of other TDs to choose whatever version or maker you want.

Maybe the no interest finance is appealing but lets be honest if you can't afford to buy this watch outright you probably shouldn't be sporting a rolex rep. Best of luck to those lacking the sense that's not so common anymore..

Reactions: xartan and csthe

Chazman1946

Banned
4/6/12
Arizona
It probably seems strange because you did a lot of the things that someone who has read on this forum for any amount of time would know they should not do. Not a big deal as the only one who will really be impacted is yourself and you may learn something.

I hardly think.making a purchase that is safe through Amazon is a mistake, if something isn't right, Amazon will take care of ut!

Chazman1946

Banned
4/6/12
Arizona
I've been watching these noobs on Amazon for a couple/few years now. There has been plenty of various misinformation in the listing questions and reviews. Most of the people are pretty naive of the rep world and if you read through its obvious. The description and differences of Vx vs Vx has been false at times as well. I'm suspect on the movements being what they say. If you read up a bit you'll agree.

If you want an ETA noob sub, BK has never disappointed. I'd rather have one my V5 Bks back over these. Why mess with it if you've already found the answers to the darkside here? I get it if you haven't but other than that it makes no sense. BK is the same price or less and superior in every way. M2M sales are plentiful. And a multitude of other TDs to choose whatever version or maker you want.

Maybe the no interest finance is appealing but lets be honest if you can't afford to buy this watch outright you probably shouldn't be sporting a rolex rep. Best of luck to those lacking the sense that's not so common anymore..

Actually I own over 30 watches including a Breitling Chronigraph, three Tags, Longines LLD, Eterna Kon Tiki , Monta Triumph and a gen Rolex 16610.

I paid on the payment plan on the off chance that the watch is a rip off, and I won't lose all my money up front!

My God you guys here are cynical??
​​​​​

Last edited:

Chazman1946

Banned
4/6/12
Arizona
Did you guys even bother to look at the Amazon Noob V8 listing, the watch has 11 reviews, 1 one star by a Rep hater and the the other ten were 5 Stars, some with included photos and all listed as "Verified Purchases" by Amazon itself. Meaning these were legit reviews, by real buyers, not using the stilted English one liners you see on some other sites review sections !
​​​​​​

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Did you guys even bother to look at the Amazon Noob V8 listing, the watch has 11 reviews, 1 one star by a Rep hater and the the other ten were 5 Stars, some with included photos and all listed as "Verified Purchases" by Amazon itself. Meaning these were legit reviews, by real buyers, not using the stilted English one liners you see on some other sites review sections !
​​​​​​

It's amazing how stubborn people can be. Did you read anything respected experienced members are trying to tell you here?

erekose

Renowned Member
Supporter
13/2/12
Tokyo
I hardly think.making a purchase that is safe through Amazon is a mistake, if something isn't right, Amazon will take care of ut!
You think Amazon is going to protect you in the case of a third party seller selling replicas? That would be an interesting customer service case....

Reactions: xartan

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11

you bought one ?