• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What was your first rep purchase ?

Fireblt

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/3/19
Mine was a regmariner. Got 2 years of use out of it before I sold it on.

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

Marclnd

Certified
3/1/19
UK
Mine was a vacheron constantin, bought in Dubai about 8 years ago...One of those shops with another shop behind the walls...The movement still works, however the crown fell off...Glad I found out about this forum last year and have learnt and I keep learning every day...

Huracan

Known Member
12/7/06
2 tone Tag link in 1993 bought for 35$ in Chinatown LA.

Last edited:

Phoenixboy

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/19
Devon
Hublot laferrari
First rep bought 2yrs ago.
Only ever needed a new battery.
Don’t wear it much now, but certainly draws attention.
2d993a00babc472cf8a96ad0b5759856.jpg

May be time to move it on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pickledbeetroot

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/12
Turkey Tags and Benidorm market rollies were all the rage back in 1994 ish, everyone had one, they were pretty awful but only a tenner :

fast forward to 2012 and got a Pam 253 from silix

The pam is long gone but the tag is still knocking about somewhere in the house

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Came to the realisation I could never afford a Gen RM so went looking for a fake and found this place! Never looked back :thumbsup:

VRkx4L.jpg

Reactions: Rolemars

Phoenixboy

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/19
Devon
Turkey Tags and Benidorm market rollies were all the rage back in 1994 ish, everyone had one, they were pretty awful but only a tenner :

fast forward to 2012 and got a Pam 253 from silix

The pam is long gone but the tag is still knocking about somewhere in the house

yes think we all had one of those.
bought a tag in Tenerife along with some dodgy oakleys.
the oakleys blew off my head on a boat trip the following day, and the tag conked out the day after I got home.

PennyForTheGuy

11/6/19
Southern California, USA
Bought a $50 Speedmaster rep of dhgate before I knew better. Looks okay from a distance, but non-functioning chrono and shit power reserve. Now I'm waiting on my first rep from a TD. Humble beginnings make the best stories I guess...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Camblin

Known Member
26/3/18
Northern Ireland
My first rep was a two tone Datejust. It was not a good rep. The "wrapped" gold partly wore off and faded within a couple of months of not even a lot of use. Comparing it to an ARF Datejust for example it was much worse, but triple as expensive!! Be patient and do research before you buy reps... don't be like the old me!

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
VS9q06.jpg

Mine was an old Submariner with GMT master II dial. :D
Crap quality, but pretty cheap on a local market. Bought it as a laugh on a night out but ended up using it for a while!
The automatic movement worked for over 4 years until i took it underwater. :D

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
A bimetal datejust back in 1987 I think! Was crap of course then! First decent rep was a gmt2 from a pal in Thailand around 1995.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wrestleantares

Known Member
19/9/18
I bought my first rep after researching on here. I had actually found the Puretime website before I found here but just could not believe that the sale of the reps was quite so open, thought it was probably a scam.

Anyway my first rep was a Tudor Black Bay Bronze Blue Bucherer edition and it is still my favorite watch. I have bought some more reps since then (3 more). They are cheapies - a Tag Monaco which looks great and I get many comments on it despite it has several tells the least of which it is a quartz and two cheaply built vintage subs - a Rolex and a Tudor Snowflake. Love the Tudor Snowflake but dropped the roles and need to get a new 2813 movement for it.

FourthLetter

14/5/18
My first rep was (and still is my only at this current time) my noob v9 sub

Loving this thing, and hoping to grab more watches soon!

Hooopen

Patron
Certified
7/10/18
Europe
My first rep was an Omega Speedmaster back in 2013. It was a mid tier rep from a local seller.

Bigozuk

30/6/19
Just bought my first - Rolex Daytona from Asian7750 - the buying experience was great, but so dissapointed in the watch. not in terms of quality as its a great piece. brilliant quality and gorgious watch. but i didnt realise the Dayton was so small. I like my watches large faced, but the Daytona is quite small on the wrist. should have gone for a Tag Carrera i think..

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
Just bought my first - Rolex Daytona from Asian7750 - the buying experience was great, but so dissapointed in the watch. not in terms of quality as its a great piece. brilliant quality and gorgious watch. but i didnt realise the Dayton was so small. I like my watches large faced, but the Daytona is quite small on the wrist. should have gone for a Tag Carrera i think..

I was surprised at the size when I got my Daytona, I don't know why because I was well aware it's 40mm, the difference for me is I like smaller watches so for me it's perfect, my advice would be don't wear it or be very careful and keep it in as new condition, build up your post count to be able to sell on m2m and then post it for sale, daytonas always sell well.

have you looked at IWC chronos they are normally larger with big dials

Bigozuk

30/6/19
I was surprised at the size when I got my Daytona, I don't know why because I was well aware it's 40mm, the difference for me is I like smaller watches so for me it's perfect, my advice would be don't wear it or be very careful and keep it in as new condition, build up your post count to be able to sell on m2m and then post it for sale, daytonas always sell well.

have you looked at IWC chronos they are normally larger with big dials

I've not looked at the IWC, but will have a look. absolutely gutted about the Daytona - came with box and papers and looks class, so i like your idea of selling it on. i guess i'll need to increase my post count!