• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What was your first rep purchase ?

Gherk

Horology Curious
15/2/13
Philadelphia area
What was your 1st rep purchase ?
‘Hi all , my first watches were brands like citizens , timex ect... 200-500 dollars watches , then I got a brilliant idea , I’m going to buy a replica Breitling on the internet !!! This is my 1st rep, the fruits of that labor , I brought it in 2012 for,$201 on some crap hole site that I’m amazed even sent the watch , obviously this was before a friend sent me here to get an education, the watch is pretty bad but I had to keep my first rep , chrono’s didn’t work of course , I could barely pry the crown open to set it because the case is so jacked up and the crown short , the bracelet fell apart after a couple wears , of course when I was out with friends rocking my new breitling , a little embarrassing to say the least because I’m fucking cool lmao I don’t know why I keep putting batteries in it and putting new straps on it but I do , putting lipstick on a pig is the phrase that comes to mind . I fell off for a long time but hope to be a member in good standing going forward , thank you TB99 for helping me get my membership in order , good night all

fc5456ea-a4a9-44c9-8343-ac635db6d601

Last edited:

engdahl

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/1/19
Sweden
Hello! My first rep was a cheap Speedmaster that a friend helped me buy from a street dealer in Thailand ???? That was years ago, probably back in 2001. It actually doesn’t look that bad but is quartz of course. My first real rep after finding this forum was a Panerai PAM605 which I absolutely love! It’s an amazing rep and feels awesome on the wrist. With me being a bigger watch guy I fee really at home even with the larger 47mm.

Image tip: imgur has blocked RWI, you should use picr.me instead and use the BBCode to insert the image.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rj999

I'm Pretty Popular
20/10/13
UK
My first rep was a birthday present from my brother. He'd bought a gold rolex oyster in a Turkish bazaar for a couple of quid, dolled it up in a pair of big oyster shells to match the magazine ads of the time and presented it to me:p:rolleyes:
It was quartz of course, and I did try wearing it.Then the crown popped out. I think I still have the shells somewhere.

gigi77

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/17
My first rep was a submariner back in the early 2000s on some italian beach. Fast forward 15 years, my first TD rep was the BP Oyster Perpetual 39mm in Rhodiumn grey.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
BP Breitling Navitimer A23233 "Albino" version

Reactions: Str1xt

PlastikMan

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/8/17
My first rep experience was raw... I got pulled onto a back alley street after this guy’s allured me into glancing into his fanny-bag containing 2 Daytonas. This was in Hong Kong and it cost me 35 USD. I had no idea about Rolexes let alone Daytonas at the time. The watch stills works but it is an eye sore in so many ways... I like keeping it as a souvenir. Fast forward ad my proper rep was bough in 2017started with the JLC Reverso 1931

Last edited:

Saiper

2/9/12
UK
Mine was a Tag F1 that I bought off a friend in 1994. It wasn't a bad watch really, although not as good as today's reps.

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Rolex daydate had blue dial, purchased from Dubai 2002, hands ended up coming loose. After wearing for a couple years didn’t look tooooo bad befor that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Mine was a crappy seamaster smp 300 that lasted about a month. About 5 yrs later I found RWG & bought a Noob Panerai 111 which was very nice.

WATCH HACKER

I'm Pretty Popular
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/4/19
Currently in South Hampton
Well I got my Hublot Ice Bang as my first one and it was last month only and after a week I have another one and another one every week. Damn this hobby.. It's addicting so In the span of almost 2 months in this game I already bought 5 reps and one is on process right now so that would be a total of 6 reps for me..

Help me God

Last edited:

danno7778

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
11/5/19
My first rep was a Rolex Submariner from one of the original website pirates in about 2001. I think I paid about $150. Bracelet fell apart inside 2 weeks, but the movement ran for a good three months.
Needless to say, I improved my targeting somewhat.

Art Tic

Time Machine Collector
26/2/17
California
First replica watch - About 15 years ago, a first time visitor to Shanghai's "copy market", I found an Explorer Submariner (a rare Rolex, no doubt) and bought it for about $35US without haggling. After coming back to the US, I opened the caseback and discovered it was powered by a Seagull movement. I wore it a few times, received compliments from friends, and then put it away. It still ticks with a few gentle shakes.

VitZan

Known Member
23/4/19
Italy
First one was 20/25 years ago on holiday in Egypt: a 70$ Rolex submariner black dial, still working. Never serviced.

Gfpatt

Trusted Dealer
15/12/18
This Watch
(2813) was my first rep that I purchased in 2002. I re-cased into a cheap eBay with a nice bracelet and put on a cyclops and gave to a friend. The thing has worked for all these years without a problem.

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Im pretty new to the game but roger dubuis excalibur fake tourby. Overpaid like a mofo off gumtree but it was a nice piece!
VFOt6R.jpg