• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Differences in the VRF 116610LN and the “max” version

CHendy84

Horology Curious
3/6/19
Hello everyone!

after doing a search and not seeing the information I was after I decided to create my first post. I am going to be purchasing my first rep soon and I have narrowed it down between the VRF black sub using the 2836 movement or the other Max version with the VR3135. I know the key differences in these two models are the movements and the steel material but outside of that are they the same specs I.e same case/dial/bezel etc. a second part of the puzzle is that on Intime’s description is says the 2836 version is 316F steel and other TD’s have it as 316L. I emailed Ryan a couple days back with questions but no response yet. Similarity on the Noob v8 versions description it also says 316F as well and in red update text says the difference in V8/V9 is one is 316L and 904L. Maybe a typo? Any help on these would be greatly appreciated and thanks again!

danno7778

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
11/5/19
I wouldn't get too concerned over the differences between 316F and 316L steel. . There is an excellent "sticky" write up on this forum about the various steel qualities, and there is really not a lot between them technically. The VRF is a good rep, and I'm sure you'll be happy with it whichever one you choose.

CHendy84

Horology Curious
3/6/19
Anyone have any more information in regard to if both models use the same dials and bezels? (main concerns) thanks again everyone.