• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex sub 16610 Rep

Jblakes

Looking Around
27/5/19
Evening all,

First post, so be gentle. I stumbled on here as looking at a gen 16610, i have been thinking for a while of getting one. Tbh i lm not overally sure i want to walk round with that cost on my wrist. Im same with my 3k gen DJ.

Anyways been reading up on rep watches. Anybody able to tell me rough guide to cost of a sub that is nearly identical to gen. What gen parts would it need to have?

I have looked through sales section and i cant tell the difference tbh. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
James

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Welcome to the forum James,

The cost can vary quite a bit depending on what your definition of "nearly identical to gen" is. I suggest spending some time using the search fn in both the Rolex forum and also in the m2m sales area.

Everyone has a different definition of what is good enough for them and the Rolex is one of the most recognizable watches out there so some people kind of go crazy and others just go with something right out of the box. People will buy certain gen parts and add the parts that they feel necessary to bring it up to an acceptable level. Gen parts that get added could be: case, movement, dial, hands, crystal, crown, bezels, bezel inserts, bracelets etc. You get the idea, just about anything can be added depending on what one wants.

Without getting into details somewhere between $500-$1500 will do it for most people.

Have fun with the research & the journey

Reactions: Abrown3mtg

Misterhl

Horology Curious
5/4/19
Welcome, James! It’s a vortex at RWI, exciting one to say the least. Maybe start here for Rolex:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...-the-ultimate-rolex-reference-guide-by-bonesy

Being a noobie myself, I was really able to acquire new knowledge everyday by exploring different topics but the above link should help regarding key terms, movements, etc. You’ll become a pro in no time. All the members are really nice and will lend an extra set of eyes if need be.

M2M is an awesome place to grab goodies but a playbook within itself as there are so many exciting and informative posts in regards to the different TD ootb Purchases, mods and Frankenstein pieces personalization to the personalized aesthetic of each member as there are many layers within this forum.

It’s honestly, very insightful and will save you heaps of time. from here you can then search up topics for supporting vendors, movements, styles etc pertaining to any sales post that peaks your interest. Head this advice moving forward as you will, quoting from one member “ the more you know the more you’ll spend” :)

Like the aforementioned from Nanook 65 the layers live within the $500-$1500 bracket ( there are many more jaw dropping pieces for higher $ if you have the means or are looking to divulge in projects, personal preference)

Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: Redfoot

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
For a franken 16610LN you are looking at a setup like:

Base watch: JF 16610LN
Genuine parts (in order of preference -personal preference-):
2 x reverse wheels (for the SH3135, in order to be a bit more reliable and offer decent longevity)
Genuine Crystal
Genuine Datewheel
Genuine Dial
Genuine Hands

In terms of costs, you are looking more into the $1,000 upwards, to be honest.

If I'm not wrong, 2fake4u wrote a great post about how to franken a JF 16610 but for some reason I can't find it. Maybe he can chip in. Another good member that has done extensive work on 5-digit Subs is pompompurin , both have done really outstanding work on these models.

Reactions: pompompurin

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
Did someone say franken a 16610!?

Jf 16610 is the best available base
do the following mods to it (based on priority, imo)
1. Gen date disc
2. Service movement
3. Case reshape (I never liked the stock fatter lugs on the jf 16610 - never seen a gen, old or new, with lugs like the jf 16610)
4. Gen hands
5. Gen crystal (this depends on if jf crystal still has a very visible LEC)

Optional Imo
6. Gen reverse wheel (my stock reverse wheel disintegrated and screwed up my movement with parts getting dislodged everywhere)
7. Gen dial (expensive but very nice)
8. Gen insert
9. Gen crown (the stock rep crown has failed on my friend: the clutch eventually screws up)
10. Gen clasp (less sharp, better coronet, better extension clasp action)

Last edited:

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Did someone say franken a 16610!?

Jf 16610 is the best available base
do the following mods to it (based on priority, imo)
1. Gen date disc
2. Service movement
3. Case reshape (never liked the stock fatter lugs on the 16610)
4. Gen hands
5. Gen crystal (this depends on if jf crystal still has a very visible LEC)

Optional Imo
6. Gen reverse wheel (my stock reverse wheel disintegrated and screwed up my movement with parts getting dislodged everywhere)
7. Gen dial (expensive but very nice)
8. Gen insert
9. Gen crown (the stock rep crown has failed on my friend: the clutch eventually screws up)
10. Gen clasp (less sharp, better coronet, better extension clasp action)

Haha, the cavalry has arrived! (^_^ )

2fake4u

Put Some Respect On My Name
20/9/16
For a franken 16610LN you are looking at a setup like:

Base watch: JF 16610LN
Genuine parts (in order of preference -personal preference-):
2 x reverse wheels (for the SH3135, in order to be a bit more reliable and offer decent longevity)
Genuine Crystal
Genuine Datewheel
Genuine Dial
Genuine Hands

In terms of costs, you are looking more into the $1,000 upwards, to be honest.

If I'm not wrong, 2fake4u wrote a great post about how to franken a JF 16610 but for some reason I can't find it. Maybe he can chip in. Another good member that has done extensive work on 5-digit Subs is pompompurin , both have done really outstanding work on these models.

i think its in my signature

edit: nvm it isnt but here is the link. https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/rolex-tudor-replicas/315755-jf-16610-upgrades

not sure how much of it is still relevant

Last edited:

2fake4u

Put Some Respect On My Name
20/9/16
if you want to just franken,

gen dw is a must
gen hands are basically a must
gen dial is nice
gen insert is nice but not needed. unless you are a pro at spotting them, you wouldnt be able to tell a gen from rep if they were loose side by side.
gen xtal w/ ar cyclops or aftermarket black hole or aftermarket double ar. im not a fan of the non ar'd xtals and i put double AR on all my gen rolexes
case and bracelet given some love. some minor reshaping of the jf case and refinishing of the case and bracelet make it so much better

Reactions: Hinclimincli