• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ROSE GOLD VS YELLOW GOLD

Timewellspent

Renowned Member
2/4/13
USA / Florida
I have read many threads about YG and plating vs wrap, also about how much actual good is in the wrapped bp I understand Quite a bit about yellow gold my question being is how his yellow gold compared to rose gold in the duration and then quality is it Rosegold more accurate color compared to yellow gold?

I have searched can’t find much on rose gold quality and color.

If anyone has rose gold watches from any brand Rolex AP Patek I would love to know the quality and feel and color of the Rosegold compared to a gen.

SCShrek

SpoonFeeder
7/9/18
South Carolina, US
I think your question is two fold as plating and wrapping are two different things. Duration of quality and plating will vary depending on the thickness and probably technique of the plating. Wrapped is just what it says...a core metal (SS) is wrapped in whatever kind of gold therefore it will "look" 18K if it's wrapped in 18K and will usually wear a lot longer than plating assuming the wrap isnt paper thin. Same logic goes to rose gold with quality and color. Plating just depends but wrapped should be spot on. On thing about rose gold though, it does tend to fade some since gold is mixed with copper and silver to give it that pink color and the every day elements oxidizes the copper. Thats why Rolex also mixes in some Platinum to offset oxidation and they call it Everose but you wont find that on a rep.

I said way more than I needed to help with your question but usually with these reps, plating WILL wear off over time, especially on a bracelet. How long depends on how much you wear it and the conditions.

I think it's hard to find concrete answers on plate or rose is because there are so many factors. Ive seen some say it's worn through after 3 months and others have had one for years and it's perfect condition. Just all depends on the variables. One thing I can say is folks seem to have a better experience when just the case is plated as it doesnt get a lot of the friction that a bracelet does.

If you go expensive and wrapped, I doubt you will see any problems in color that a gen would experience but I've never owned a wrapped rep.

For what its worth...

Reactions: csthe

Timewellspent

Renowned Member
2/4/13
USA / Florida
I think your question is two fold as plating and wrapping are two different things. Duration of quality and plating will vary depending on the thickness and probably technique of the plating. Wrapped is just what it says...a core metal (SS) is wrapped in whatever kind of gold therefore it will "look" 18K if it's wrapped in 18K and will usually wear a lot longer than plating assuming the wrap isnt paper thin. Same logic goes to rose gold with quality and color. Plating just depends but wrapped should be spot on. On thing about rose gold though, it does tend to fade some since gold is mixed with copper and silver to give it that pink color and the every day elements oxidizes the copper. Thats why Rolex also mixes in some Platinum to offset oxidation and they call it Everose but you wont find that on a rep.

I said way more than I needed to help with your question but usually with these reps, plating WILL wear off over time, especially on a bracelet. How long depends on how much you wear it and the conditions.

I think it's hard to find concrete answers on plate or rose is because there are so many factors. Ive seen some say it's worn through after 3 months and others have had one for years and it's perfect condition. Just all depends on the variables. One thing I can say is folks seem to have a better experience when just the case is plated as it doesnt get a lot of the friction that a bracelet does.

If you go expensive and wrapped, I doubt you will see any problems in color that a gen would experience but I've never owned a wrapped rep.

For what its worth...

Thank you for you help; it’s pretty much as same concept as YG. Thank you!

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Do yourself a favour and stick to SS watches . Any type of plating /wrap will only disappoint.