• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A little nervous over a td

OneDisease

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/10/18
Arizona
Forgive me if this is the wrong section. I'm working with a TD on a custom ordered watch.. He got the watch surprisingly in a couple of days and sent me 5 qcs ... Timegraph picture wasn't present so I asked to get one.. Since then its been a few days and no response. I sent another email (checked time zone) and said I would stay up a few hours to review the qc picture...

No confirmation of my email, no "sorry for the delay, please give me more time".... I work in International sales too so I know the business- and I know the people.. I have Clients from the same country as receiving the watch. Now this is a TD- and I hear this guys name get mentioned all the time about how awesome he is... His communication was great initially and now I'm getting ghosted it would appear.

Just wait longer? I've dealt with 3 Different TD's on Reps in my time collecting watch's. QC Process has always been super easy this is a first and what shocks me is the census of opinion on this TD here.. This multiple day no response does not match his reputation.

Redfoot

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/4/19
California
Perhaps he went for short break or there was a family emergency, his Internet got cut off, he's been taken ill, he's moving house or his house moved. It sounds like you may been lucky to get the watch in a couple of days and now the timescale has returned to its normal, slow pace. A search of this forum will reveal one of the most commonly used words - "patience" - appears a stunning 584,356 times*. Sometimes QC photos can take two or even three weeks to arrive. Hell, sometimes even confirmation of an order can take a few days. I'd give it a bit of time before starting to raise the alarm as the TDs on here are TDs for a reason. Hope that helps.

(* I just made that number up)

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
I'd stop shitting your pants and have a little patience . Just give the TD a polite message again explaining you want to Green light the watch for delivery but he hasn't sent Timegraph result pics yet to do so .

I regularly buy watches off my TD without Timergrapher results . Never had a problem ! They only show the watch in one position anyway so just show that the watch is working and it's not a pup .

OneDisease

4/10/18
Arizona
I'd stop shitting your pants and have a little patience . Just give the TD a polite message again explaining you want to Green light the watch for delivery but he hasn't sent Timegraph result pics yet to do so .

I did send that exact polite message. I've never had delays so that's why this is different to me.. Only delay I've ever had was a watch I wanted sometime ago was basically back-ordered so I waited for a couple of weeks. Then the process was quick... So I guess I've been lucky in the past with prompt service and this time there has been such a cause to warrant a delayed response. In my business with people from Asia is they appreciate prompt communication.

Thank you both for the "no need to worry responses". I will practice my patience.

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
No probs thats what happens sometimes . You will order 5 watches over a period of time and everything goes lickety split . Then number 6 you have a few hold ups .

Last edited:
Reactions: OneDisease

OneDisease

4/10/18
Arizona
Also do bear in mind that your business dealings may not have the same processes as the illegal sale of counterfeit goods.

You would be surprised - Our laws are quite different. What is legal where I live, may not be legal there :cool:
But, yes yes! I understand Thank you Redfoot

palaufreak

Renowned Member
7/7/16
As others said, have Patience man. But I would check the email to see if it's the correct one. Just in case

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

SCShrek

SpoonFeeder
7/9/18
South Carolina, US
What you are going through is tough for us anxious types but things always workout with some time. I have dealt with "great" TD's that made me nervous because I didnt have enough patience but things DID work out in it's own time but I stopped using that particular TD and used another. I've had a TD completely ghost me after I asked for a watch, the TD found the one I wanted and asked how much...after that, crickets...so I moved on but at least I wasnt in the middle of a sale. After using about 6 or 7 TD's, I found a favorite who is always quick to send out and deliver. And to be fair, the TD I stopped using, who isnt a TD on this site anyway, got the watches out the door fairly quickly but it took 16 days for his delivery agent to hand it over to DHL. But I'm impatient :p

Reactions: OneDisease

OneDisease

4/10/18
Arizona
Apparently a pipe blew up and destroyed their office. In the process damaging the watch I purchased.

Holy shit

OneDisease

4/10/18
Arizona
Ok so we know now which TD ;)

Yeah I didn't mean for the identity to get out- but all in all its my fault anyways and this person is doing his best. And This persons Reputation speaks for itself!

What you are going through is tough for us anxious types but things always workout with some time. I have dealt with "great" TD's that made me nervous because I didnt have enough patience but things DID work out in it's own time but I stopped using that particular TD and used another. I've had a TD completely ghost me after I asked for a watch, the TD found the one I wanted and asked how much...after that, crickets...so I moved on but at least I wasnt in the middle of a sale. After using about 6 or 7 TD's, I found a favorite who is always quick to send out and deliver. And to be fair, the TD I stopped using, who isnt a TD on this site anyway, got the watches out the door fairly quickly but it took 16 days for his delivery agent to hand it over to DHL. But I'm impatient :p

Also, my nervousness is a bit higher than normal. I'm building a racecar by myself. First time I have taken on a entire build by myself! I've worked on several cars of mine but this is new territory. I'm over budget but near finish but still a few thousand dollars from completion. So this adds stress to me. So I'm sure my expectations are a bit higher than normal.. Dealing with 100's of expensive parts from the internet to amazon, ebay, friends I know on the east coast.. Man it takes alot to do this stuff and I never expected it to be so complex and require so much. Tons and Tons of research and asking freinds questions! Changing orders, etc

positivevibes

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
31/5/19

I regularly buy watches off my TD without Timergrapher results . Because i am a miserable fuck.

You're always so insulting to people. Peek out the window once in a while and stop being such a miserable fuck.

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
You're always so insulting to people. Peek out the window once in a while and stop being such a miserable fuck.

Thanks for the advice . The OP wasn't offended and took my post in good humour ! Stop being a snowflake and getting offended on other people's behalf multi account .

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
There is no shortage of excuses to delays when you're working with people from the east.