• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What is your "white whale"?

Troklo

23/12/15
For me it would be the Midnight Planétarium by Van Cleef & Arpels the fact that I can have a miniature solar system on my wrist blows me away. Only €220K

large_200568_p5soszsdh_ntrqririmwyatub.png

Reactions: Xabo and Pluribus

Pluribus

Horology Curious
23/8/17
For me it would be the Midnight Planétarium by Van Cleef & Arpels the fact that I can have a miniature solar system on my wrist blows me away. Only €220K

Only €220k... Then it's just one for each wrist then...

Beautiful watch. Glad I started this thread, it's opening my eyes to some seriously beautiful watches.

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
You would think the Speedmaster would sell enough for a factory to do a super clone of it ala the 4130 of the Daytona. That movement is perfect on one of my Daytona's not withstanding longevity. Time will tell.

Well, it's probably the most iconic watch ever. Even more than the Submariner or the Daytona (and that's coming from a Rolex fan). My bet? They would be selling like hotcakes. Hell, I would take two, one for me and one for my dad's birthday.

SCShrek

SpoonFeeder
7/9/18
South Carolina, US

large_200568_p5soszsdh_ntrqririmwyatub.png

What thaaaaaa....???? Damn, I like it! Even though I'm not sure I can tell the time on it. :blink::smile:

OmmNom

Horology Curious
13/5/19
California
I’d have to go with a moonwatch. I ended up getting a gen of the standard speedmaster professional. My “white whale” would have to be this blue one.
Omega-Speedmaster-CK2998-LE-1037.jpg

R2L

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/4/14
For me, the F. P. Journe Octa Automatique Platinum. Only $30K+ but I love the simple look:

2b26e1e090fb7ed9947863aac5b9928e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Xabo

Known Member
27/3/19
Germany
The A. Lange & Söhne Saxonia Moonphase. I love this watch and consider to buy the gen, but that would be a real pain in the ass:(

Reactions: Pluribus

JOP

Renowned Member
30/1/17
The Monaco is iconic! Revolutionary for being the first automatic as well as the first square cased chronograph, and for looking extremely awesome on Steve McQueen's wrist in Le Mans. I believe the issue is the movement. The subdial spacing would be off with the A7750 movement. The gen uses a ETA 2892 (and I know there is the clone A2892), the problem is the Dubois Depraz chronograph module that is added onto the 2892.

Yes I did Google all this ;)

I need your help about that.

Heuer Monaco and Tag Heuer Monaco may share the same movement rotated. Small dials' features are the same, something that could be just their gear.

I learn about Dubois Depraz module when i was searching on how could i have full 24h subdial with both hour and minute hands at 3.
Like the 3h subdial on new Omegas.

My point is that may be a lot easier to built a Monaco than my need to have a full 24h small dial.
Also i need to know if ETA 2892 can support 24h subdial instead of 12h with just a different gear.