• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Paying with Bitcoin

Tomhvz

Horology Curious
18/5/18
Hi everyone,

I am going to buy an ARF sea dweller v3 from Puretime. However this is my first ever payment thru Bitcoin with Coinbase and I am completely new to this and a little bit anxious to do this. So I am really curious about other members there experience with this payment method....

thanks in advance

ambisome

Horology Curious
21/3/19
WhT would you like to learn? I’ve payed several times via bitcoin without any problem. It is safe and cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KingSly

Known Member
15/6/14
im also interested in this for the exact same reason. do i go onto coinbase > click accounts > BTC wallet > Trade > Buy

Or do i have to do something with BTC wallet ??? don't want to do it wrong and lose hundreds

Tomhvz

Horology Curious
18/5/18
pretty much how the payment process goes. Just like Kingsly I don’t want to mess up and loss hundreds of dollars.... I am a complete noob at this stuff so thank you in advance for helping out

MacAlis

Horology Curious
22/2/19
I am interested in using bitcoin as many other colleges are as well. Can any experienced buyer put a procedure (with links) of how to do it properly PLEASE.
Many thanks in advance

Last edited:

excal

Horology Curious
28/4/19
I believe there was a guide a while back posted on how to use bitcoin. I'll see if I can find it and edit this post! But like the first person to reply says, I think its 8% cheaper to use bitcoin with puretime

Redfoot

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/4/19
California
I hacked this together for you. Hope it helps:

rwi-bitcoin-guide.jpg

Last edited:

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
And the difference comes about to be about an 8% savings over usd? How is bitcoin valued? I know these may be noob questions but I’ve never dealt with cryptocurrancy. What are the denominationsnand os there an exchange rate? How much bitcoin do you need for $100 let’s say?

Thanks.

Redfoot

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/4/19
California
Bitcoin value fluctuates the same as any currency. How many bitcoin do you need for $100? You need $100 worth. It's the same as asking how many Euros do you need for $100. If the price of your rep is $400 then you will send $400 worth of bitcoin.

Here's a real-time exchange rate for you: https://www.coindesk.com/price/bitcoin

Last edited:

ambisome

Horology Curious
21/3/19
the awesome guy above has explained in detailed how it works, thanks a lot. I was a little bit busy to answer.
Here is my order and payment process via bitcoin (considering you already hold bitcoin in one of those platforms);
-order the watch and select the payment method as bitcoin
-TD will return you via mail with current exchange rate and bitcoin value of your purchase and their bitcoin adress
-You should withdraw the amount of bitcoin to be transferred adressing the TD's bitcoin adress (it is complicated code) this step takes a few minutes, just be patient.
-When your transaction completed, you should send screenshots to TD and ask for confirmation.
-If you can't complete this process fastly and the usd/btc rate is changed (because it sometimes flactuates quickly) TD will ask you to complete the lacking amount of bitcoin resulting from change of rate.

and that's all, when they confirm that payment is accepted and they are going to provide qc, rest is the same.