• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What Your Watch Brand Says About You?

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
damn. I never heard about "inhouse", I am not a pilot but a rapper and thank god I know who geroge williams is.

but at least i dont own a Hublot.

Last edited:

Watchesandwinetime

Known Member
11/3/20
Aussieland
Some of you may of have seen this before, but thought I'd post it here!
70c29a5bf9665b8417611f124b5330d1.png

Reactions: James2020

Adam_Smith

Supporter
Certified
23/6/20
That's funny.

But I have a question, why is there so much hate against Hublot? I think that because of the exorbitant prices considering the mechanism they have, some of them are not even their own (Sellita). Is because of that?

watchoself

3/6/20
UK
Rolex type D absolutely nailed me - genuine LOL

I was sucked in to a false sense of security chortling at visions of panerai loving friends

Hilarious

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
That's funny.

But I have a question, why is there so much hate against Hublot? I think that because of the exorbitant prices considering the mechanism they have, some of them are not even their own (Sellita). Is because of that?

I don't think it's because of their movements. They also have a lot of in house movements and a lot of other brands also just use sellita or eta. For me it's because they try to look like RM and AP but fail in every aspect.

Adam_Smith

Supporter
Certified
23/6/20
I don't think it's because of their movements. They also have a lot of in house movements and a lot of other brands also just use sellita or eta. For me it's because they try to look like RM and AP but fail in every aspect.

But in which sense they fail? In which aspects and why? I mean, I don't underestand the beef, and I would like to.

mpx

I'm Pretty Popular
6/2/20
Austria
But I think it's also because of the price. A Hublot Classic Fusion costs 7-10k€, but only has a Sellite SW300 movement in it. I mean, really?
I'm not a sucker for In-House movements as I think those standard movements are working fine and every watchmaker can work on them, but then the price of the watch should also reflect that choice.

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
But I think it's also because of the price. A Hublot Classic Fusion costs 7-10k€, but only has a Sellite SW300 movement in it. I mean, really?
I'm not a sucker for In-House movements as I think those standard movements are working fine and every watchmaker can work on them, but then the price of the watch should also reflect that choice.

The 3 hand classic fusion is 6,6k € and has a sellita movement yes. But so do a lot of watches from other brands like Breitling, IWC, Omega, Tudor, Chopard, Panerai etc..
These watches at least have their own unique designs. Hublot is a copycat of AP and RM.