• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is 17s/day loss acceptable for QC?

twoseven

Horology Curious
5/2/19
Hi all, I received my QC for my watch and I'm rejecting it based on several photos showing clear visible marks/scratches on the watch.

Another point I want to ask is about the time-keeping, the QC shows it loses 17 seconds per day. Will you reject based on this result? What is an acceptable range?

Thanks in advance.

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
You really need to provide more info on the watch and movement, and provide the timegraph picture so the other readings can be taken into account, as the timegraph is usually taken when the watch is flat to provide the best reading, I would say that 17secs a day is a bit high as when worn in the real world this would be worse, as you've already rejected the watch on other issues it a bit academic really

twoseven

Horology Curious
5/2/19
The watch is Yacht-Master 116622 Noob Best Edition 2016 Baselworld Gray Dial on SS Bracelet A2836 with a Swiss ETA 2824-2 25J automatic movement at 28800vph.

V2YDsh.jpg

Last edited:

rj999

I'm Pretty Popular
20/10/13
UK
That's a gain, not a loss. And it's probably adjustable out. The rest looks fine. Are you sure your scratches aren't reflections or parts of polythene clingwrap protection? You can see in your image that the watchband has it on.

Last edited:

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Hi all, I received my QC for my watch and I'm rejecting it based on several photos showing clear visible marks/scratches on the watch.

Another point I want to ask is about the time-keeping, the QC shows it loses 17 seconds per day. Will you reject based on this result? What is an acceptable range?

Thanks in advance.

Where are the scratches? I don’t see any.

twoseven

Horology Curious
5/2/19
You're right, it might be the plastic wrapping. In any case I will clarify with the TD. scratches aside, will you accept a watch that has a +17secs/day?

danno7778

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
11/5/19
The +17 seconds a day is a bit high. Your problem would be if the adjuster screw is already well into the minus zone when you receive the watch, which would not allow for much alteration.

Specter1000

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/2/15
Cincy area
you can ask the TD to adjust the time and show the new timegrapher plot....no need to reject, especially since the beat error is spot on.

Last edited:

twoseven

Horology Curious
5/2/19
you can ask the TD to adjust the time and show the new timegrapher plot....no need to reject, especially since the beat error is spot on.

can you explain what you mean beat error and how do you see that it is spot on?

Specter1000

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/2/15
Cincy area
Timegrapher shows 3 parameters...1) timing, 2) beat error, 3) amplitude. Your timing is out a bit at 17sed/day, the beat error is 0.0 and the amplitude is 308 deg. One thing I should stress, timing in one position (dial up I presume) does not give the full story on accuracy. Timing will change with position and you don't wear a watch with the dial up all day. There is a ton of info on this forum and on google about timegrapher plots and how to read them, how to adjust your watch, ect.

twoseven

Horology Curious
5/2/19
thanks for the replies and indeed i had the in house watchsmith of the TD fix the issue for me.