• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Favourite Sports Watch

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
I recently bought the a rep of the Explorer 1 (BP 904L) and love it.

I had always tended to wear dress watches before but am definitely a convert to the stainless steel sports watch and the way they look just as good in a suit or casual attire. I’ve only had the explorer a month but am already lining up the next the addition.

What are your favourite sports watches in your collection (pics always welcome) and do you have any good suggestions up to about 42mm. The gen VC Overseas in blue might be my new grail watch but I cant see any rep matching that dial - though I hear the BP version is good in it’s own right. Also like the blue yacht-master but looking for some inspiration for the next purchase and to bulk up the watch wish list.

Wrestleantares

Known Member
19/9/18
My favorite Sport watch is one of two watches:

The Black Bay Bronze Bucherer (Blue Bezel and Dial) is IMO the most gorgeous watch ever made. I was scared to get it because it is 43mm and I have a less that 7" wrist. But it looks great on me. I would highly advise a Black Bay if you'll push your threshold size a bit.

Next is my Vintageized Tudor Snowflake Submariner. It is just a good looking watch.

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
My favorite Sport watch is one of two watches:

The Black Bay Bronze Bucherer (Blue Bezel and Dial) is IMO the most gorgeous watch ever made. I was scared to get it because it is 43mm and I have a less that 7" wrist. But it looks great on me. I would highly advise a Black Bay if you'll push your threshold size a bit.

Next is my Vintageized Tudor Snowflake Submariner. It is just a good looking watch.

Thanks it does look nice.!! I did look at the BB58 and the 41 before I got the explorer but not this model. Does it fit comfortably under a shirt cuff with it being 15mm thick and fairly wide?

Wrestleantares

Known Member
19/9/18
Thanks it does look nice.!! I did look at the BB58 and the 41 before I got the explorer but not this model. Does it fit comfortably under a shirt cuff with it being 15mm thick and fairly wide?

I have no problem with my cuff on either the 1st or 2nd button (on casual dress shits - tie wearing shirts seem to have a more tailored cuff). The new Black Bay BBronze in Black (not repped yet) looks sharp too.

Last edited:

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
To the OP: there are plenty of incredibly nice stainless steel sports watches out there. Here are two of my favourites:

For the vintage look. Rolex GMT 6542, the first of its breed, back from the fifties with its bakelite bezel, aged markers and hands, small frame and thin bracelet. A lovely piece that will only get the attention of the really knowledgeable:

V2kF7b.jpg

For the luxury look. The Patek Philippe Nautilus 5711, an absolute iconic watch, designed by Gerald Gents and one of the most exclusive watches to get right now, fetching astronomical prices and waiting lists up to 7 years. Anyone that knows the Nautilus will definitely NOT be fooled, but boy isn't it still an incredibly nice watch?

V2kOpR.jpg

V2kqwZ.jpg

​​​​​Bonus: I know, it's not really a sports watch, but have a read at this article from Hodinkee. https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/rolex-datejust-review
​​​​

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
The white dial PPF is very tempting, definitely prefer the style to AP Royal Oak.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
For the luxury look. The Patek Philippe Nautilus 5711, an absolute iconic watch, designed by Gerald Gents and one of the most exclusive watches to get right now, fetching astronomical prices and waiting lists up to 7 years. Anyone that knows the Nautilus will definitely NOT be fooled, but boy isn't it still an incredibly nice watch?

V2kOpR.jpg

​​​​

Tempted to get the white dial version of this. It looks so close to the real one.