• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I need Another Watch Please help!!!

Lizandro

16/4/19
San Juan, Puerto Rico, USA
I have 3 reps the first and my favorite for special occasions only

-PPF Nautilus 5711 white dial

Second is my everyday watch

-KRF Tudor Black Bay blue dial on bracelet

Third Is the first date watch

-ARF Submariner V2 Black

I need a watch from a different band probably a GMT because I’m a student pilot or chronograph or just something different please help give me some guidance.

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
I'm a big fan of IWC myself, and they do some great looking watches, however you mention wanting a chronograph if it just for show great, if you intend using this function regularly for you piloting then sooner rather than later the movements gonna go "ping"
I've got the spitfire 3878 by ZF it's a bit chunky but is a good timekeeper and has the best power reserve of any of my watches

Reactions: Lizandro

Troklo

23/12/15
The iwc spitfire 3878 by ZF in beautiful and has the "safe" sec@6. But as some else said the Chrono is just for the looks as the ZF upper subdail is 30 min long instead of 60. In V6F version the Chrono subdail does a whole round in 60 min (like gen) but I think it doesn't have the safe@6 second module and it's suppose to be a time bomb.

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
The iwc spitfire 3878 by ZF in beautiful and has the "safe" sec@6. But as some else said the Chrono is just for the looks as the ZF upper subdail is 30 min long instead of 60. In V6F version the Chrono subdail does a whole round in 60 min (like gen) but I think it doesn't have the safe@6 second module and it's suppose to be a time bomb.

Ive read this before about the ZF having the wrong subdial at 12 but mines correct,
https://www.intime04.co/iwc/2629-pil...rap-a7750.html

i think it depends on the model, the iwc gens only have a 30 minute subdial

Last edited:

Troklo

23/12/15
Ive read this before about the ZF having the wrong subdial at 12 but mines correct,
https://www.intime04.co/iwc/2629-pil...rap-a7750.html

i think it depends on the model, the iwc gens only have a 30 minute subdial

Oh they have a correct 60 min long 12 subdail now? That's pretty cool, I used to have one and it was 30 min long. What do you mean the gens only have a 30 min subdail? https://www.iwc.com/site_media/uploa.../pilot_ger.pdf see pages 18 & 19 they definetly have a 60 min subdial.

Last edited:

Lizandro

16/4/19
Okay so lets kill the chronograph idea and I just the GMT master 2 is trying to copy the submariner and The IWC looks cool but is too bulky my wrist barely fits the submariner super case so something 41mm and down is the only thing thats gonna work for me

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
Oh they have a correct 60 min long 12 subdail now? That's pretty cool, I used to have one and it was 30 min long. What do you mean the gens only have a 30 min subdail? https://www.iwc.com/site_media/uploa.../pilot_ger.pdf see pages 18 & 19 they definetly have a 60 min subdial.

Sorry I wasn't very clear what I meant was the 3878 has a 60 min dial, but the other spitfire models have 30mims in gen

Troklo

23/12/15
^^^Ahh gottcha! Wish I hadn't sold mine I really miss it. I might make a WTB post for one.

Lizandro

16/4/19
At first I saw the VSF omega seamaster spectre and wanted it but there was alot of confusion because of the MKS and plus people said it was too thick so I don’t know to get it or not

or I should go for a proper leather band dress watch.

Troklo

23/12/15
If you want a dress watch I would go with the jaeger-lcoultre ultrathin mooon from ZF. Beautiful looking time pice plue a working moon phase

newonboard

Omega&IWC
Supporter
Certified
5/5/19
EU
Guys, i'm confused. This is how it is finally with 3878 Spitfire. Who has the "correct" replica made? ZF or V6F? I mean, it should act like a gene.