• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Why so much Mitoya 9015 out there?

mottykytu

4/6/13
And yes, I know it is thin and it is quite riliable, but it also have Noise Issue. The problem is that most of replica thinner watch have to use it !

But is it true that there is NOT ANY OTHER affordable movement that As thin as and more reliable than the Mitoya 9015? Except the In-house one of course !

rj999

I'm Pretty Popular
20/10/13
UK
The Chinese ones are cheap and nasty. But the watches look ok, that's all that counts.

mottykytu

4/6/13
Because its cheap and tough as nails.

So is there any Premium version of it which has maintain the same thinnest but better quality/accuracy and no noise problem? I really want to update my knowledge! Thank you

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
So is there any Premium version of it which has maintain the same thinnest but better quality/accuracy and no noise problem? I really want to update my knowledge! Thank you

You might want to look into the A2892 movement. It is slightly thinner than the Miyota 9015 and quieter.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Can it be put it/replace in the watches that are using Miyota 9015 !?

Well you could but you would need new hands, a different MVT holder and I doubt the dial feet would match up either.
Seriously, the things ain't THAT noisy!

Reactions: Glaude

shyreplover

Renowned Member
12/6/06
Does the OP own a miyota movt. watch or just reading from the forum?

The miyota is about as noisy as seiko workhorse NH35 and A7750.
It is noisy when the rotor move rapidly and your ear is close to the watch.

When you wear it, at arms length you won't hear a thing. Unless you are the kind of person who likes to move your hand back and forth in a quite environment? while watching certain genre of movie?

elconquistador

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
10/6/10
Because people love loud raspy rotors that only wind in one direction on copies of fine Swiss multi thousand dollar watches.
Keeps them humble.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

erekose

Renowned Member
Supporter
13/2/12
Tokyo
I honestly don't understand the complaints about noise with this movement...

My gen iwc3719 is more noisey than any of my miyotas.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Glaude

Wrestleantares

Known Member
19/9/18

When you wear it, at arms length you won't hear a thing. Unless you are the kind of person who likes to move your hand back and forth in a quite environment? while watching certain genre of movie?

I'm right handed, so no problem.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17

^ this. Any movement which has a unidirectional winding mass will be ‘noisy’ because the mass is spinning freely. That includes genuine IWC’s and Panerais using a 7750 derivative. Its also a non issue for the most part.

The Miyota is a good and reliable movement.