• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best replica that can pass an auth test?

Acaicia

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
5/3/19
Hey everyone!

What is the best replica watch (from any TWD) that could pass a relatively thorough authenticity check? When I say that, I know that no replica is absolutely perfect and most are easily spotted from an arm's length away. All I'm looking for is the best the replica world has to offer. At the moment, I'm considering the ZF Pilot IW388002 and the ZF Big Pilot IW500431 from Asian7750, both of which look amazing from the pictures and I don't notice any flaws. I'm not considering a V9 submariner simply because it's a well-known watch that has several telltale signs that most watch dealers can spot.

Don't ask me why I'm asking this. Shh...

Cheers!

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
none, except a super franken vintage maybe
An authorized dealer will find out, do not forget serial numbers and movement

Reactions: GMT1675

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
faded serials. patina beyond recognition, different patches in the old days, but i am no expert

gigi77

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/17
Probably a PAM super rep with gen movement...

shyreplover

Renowned Member
12/6/06
back in the old days (TRC days), legend has it that cartier watch that was assembled in hongkong met their order quantities and there were some extra pieces laying around in the factory.
Instead of destroying the leftover (common practice in contract manufacturing), the watches were sold thru back door. This is a complete watch but without hands and strap... and probably serial number too.
This would be your ultimate rep.

Reactions: JP-010

palaufreak

Renowned Member
7/7/16
I think most reps in the NWBIG range can pass. A watch dealer friend handled my ARF sub and wouldn't have noticed unless I told him so. If it's based just on Inspection and not a gen on the side or close Inspection of details like the feel of the winding, serials, ets. 99% of people won't notice. So just buy any NWBIG. I usually take him reps so that he has knowledge and they don't scam him by selling him a high end NWBIG.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: GMT1675

Wrestleantares

Known Member
19/9/18
99.99% won't notice a good rep even upon inspection

99%+ won't notice a bad rep at a glance

Most won't even notice a bad rep upon inspection because they don't know anything about watches.

I think they only people that are really anal about reps are us.

Sedonut

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
31/7/17
99.99% won't notice a good rep even upon inspection

99%+ won't notice a bad rep at a glance

Most won't even notice a bad rep upon inspection because they don't know anything about watches.

I think they only people that are really anal about reps are us.

I agree, most people don't even wear watches anymore. I'm pleasantly amazed at the level of detail some people are looking at on RWS. I've read 70% of The Swiss watches out there are fake, after review here, I believe it. I would also never buy a high dollar gen online, even from a well advertised dealer.

Acaicia

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
5/3/19
none, except a super franken vintage maybe
An authorized dealer will find out, do not forget serial numbers and movement

Can you link me where to buy one of those?

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
back in the old days (TRC days), legend has it that cartier watch that was assembled in hongkong met their order quantities and there were some extra pieces laying around in the factory.
Instead of destroying the leftover (common practice in contract manufacturing), the watches were sold thru back door. This is a complete watch but without hands and strap... and probably serial number too.
This would be your ultimate rep.

Ah the fabled gen/rep Cartier. Around 1500 bucks bought you one the last time they were available (five or six years back IIRC) and I have no reason to suspect they were anything but a backdoor gen. The MVT was 100% a gen without a doubt so it was the deal of the century.

Acaicia

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
5/3/19
Ah the fabled gen/rep Cartier. Around 1500 bucks bought you one the last time they were available (five or six years back IIRC) and I have no reason to suspect they were anything but a backdoor gen. The MVT was 100% a gen without a doubt so it was the deal of the century.

I should have specified:
What is a rep watch I can get TODAY WITHOUT A TIME MACHINE that can pass a majority of auth tests?

Thefakemasterfanclub

Known Member
31/12/10
I should have specified:
What is a rep watch I can get TODAY WITHOUT A TIME MACHINE that can pass a majority of auth tests?

How about you just don’t worry so much about this and look at the many great reps that are available that will probably fool most people— there are at least a couple in each of the top 5 brands (Rolex, Panerai, IWC, Breitling, Omega)..

Automotiveromance

Known Member
8/3/18
Specify ‘the majority of authenticity tests’ though. If it’s someone who knows the gens well and they look at the movement, no out of the box rep will pass. Any proper authenticity check will entail opening up the watch and verifying what’s what.

Sounds to me like someone’s trying to sell reps as gens...

Reactions: kaddy

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
I should have specified:

I wasn't talking to you buddy so no need to get narky. Sheeesh . . .