• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

TD is asking for more money, after I already sent the full amount? What do I do?

taifighter84

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/8/17
Hi Everyone,

I placed an order with Chazingtime and followed all the bank payment instructions as I did with my last purchase with them.

There was an agreed $10 discount due to my last order with them having QC flaws that were not shown in the pictures.

However a week later after payment, now they are telling me to send additional money through paypal, claiming that I did not send the full amount. But I double-checked with my bank and everything, and it definitely was the full amount deposited amount, net, after the transfer fees and all. I even tried sending them a screenshot (which they simply ignored), and they did not send me any proof. Just a written email telling me I need to pay up more.

If I cancel the order, I lose money and they get to keep a chunk. If I go forward with this, I'm losing money getting bait and switched. I don't know what to do right now. Is this just their way of cheating me out of my discount? Or could something actually have gone wrong? I don't want to believe they're scamming me, but if my bank is telling me one thing, with hard numbers, and Chazing is saying something else, without providing anything else...

This can't be proper TD behavior can it?

Last edited:

josmcg

13/3/18
Hi Everyone,

I placed an order with Chazingtime and followed all the bank payment instructions as I did with my last purchase with them.

There was an agreed $10 discount due to my last order with them having QC flaws that were not shown in the pictures.

However a week later after payment, now they are telling me to send additional money through paypal, claiming that I did not send the full amount. But I double-checked with my bank and everything, and it definitely was the full amount sent, net after fees and all. I even tried sending them a screenshot (which they simply ignored), and they did not send me any proof. Just a written email telling me I need to pay up more.

If I cancel the order, I still lose money. If I go forward with this, I lose money. I don't know what to do right now. Is this just their way of cheating me out of my discount? Or could something actually have gone wrong? I don't want to believe they're scamming me, but if my bank is telling me one thing, with hard numbers, and Chazing is saying something else, without providing anything else...

This can't be proper TD behavior can it?

It’s 10 bucks....just give em’ the money and enjoy your new watch. That’s what I would do anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: rj999 and KSwatches

taifighter84

24/8/17
I agree about the severity of the amount not being a big deal, but can you not see how the principle of this is problematic if they're going to be officially listed as a "TD"? Yes I know we're talking about black market goods here and the market isn't protected, but then what is the point of forums granting "Trusted Dealer Status" if they're just going to be pulling this crap anyway?

Reactions: Doc_Savage

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
It's the usual complain about bank fees, if he is insists he got less i say trust him

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
How much are chasing time wanting you to pay extra?
Are they claiming that the amount deposited into their bank is less than you bank is claiming or are they agreeing with the amount but are just demanding extra?

if they're saying the amount is less than you bank is saying they really need to prove it, perhaps their bank is charging them additional fees at their end, and they are expecting you to cover them, if this is the case then I think they've got a feckin cheek, if chazingtime will not provide proof then it's really your call. It's a difficult one as the money is already in their bank so they've got you by the testicles I believe it's very difficult if not impossible to get the money recalled by your bank, (that's why I always prefer to pay by credit card if possible).

if you really believe they are "scamming" then it's really a matter of principle what you do, either way your gonna lose some money.

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
See there is a issue that there are back end charges. Sometimes depending on which bank is the corosponding bank they sometimes chrge annominal fee it varies from Bank to Bank. So the $10 that the TD is demanding could very well be that. But having said that the TD should be aware of these charges and should either absorb it or notify the buyer before hand that there might be extra Back end charges that the Buyer need to bare if it comes to that.

But I would like to ask you to kindly open a helpdesk ticket and deal with the mods and try to come to a resolution with the TD. Because (if I am not wrong) it is frowned upon on to post about a conflicting with a member ot TD before taking it up with the mods.

Hope it gets sorted out and you get and enjoy the watch you bought.

taifighter84

24/8/17
if you really believe they are "scamming" then it's really a matter of principle what you do, either way your gonna lose some money.

Yeah I'm losing money either way and I want the watch with the least hassle so I'm just going to bite the bullet and cough up the extra cash. I don't think reps or even watches in general should be anything to have avoidable headaches over. Maybe I'll go to a different TD with my next purchase that's all.

Last edited:

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Yeah I'm losing money either way and I want the watch with the least hassle so I'm just going to bite the bullet. I don't think reps or even watches in general should be anything to have avoidable headaches over.

Just pay it and skip your Schlotzsky’s sandwich for lunch next week.

Reactions: yodog

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
IF it is only $10 I would pay, on the other hand, it is only $10 so why wouldn't Chazing take those cost??....I fully agree it is really a very bad attitude from a TD to show....it would be a reason for me never to order again with him....

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
Just remind them about how the last order had an issue and they agreed to provide you with a discount, there's a chance that you're dealing with a different person who was not informed that they provided you with a discount. Pull up the communication that you had with them and see if they will uphold their word.

taifighter84

24/8/17
>Just remind them about how the last order had an issue and they agreed to provide you with a discount

No that was not the issue. We had agreed on the discount to send a certain amount. I agreed, and I sent that full amount. But they were saying that I did not even send THAT amount, even AFTER the discount.

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
See there is a issue that there are back end charges. Sometimes depending on which bank is the corosponding bank they sometimes chrge annominal fee it varies from Bank to Bank. So the $10 that the TD is demanding could very well be that. But having said that the TD should be aware of these charges and should either absorb it or notify the buyer before hand that there might be extra Back end charges that the Buyer need to bare if it comes to that.

But I would like to ask you to kindly open a helpdesk ticket and deal with the mods and try to come to a resolution with the TD. Because (if I am not wrong) it is frowned upon on to post about a conflicting with a member ot TD before taking it up with the mods.

Hope it gets sorted out and you get and enjoy the watch you bought.

thats the point I was trying to make ( not so eloquently) with the "feckin cheek" comment, if they are banks charges made to the TD from their own bank then that is a legitimate business expense that any business has to pay like electric and telephone bills, that's just part of running a business regardless of what it is and should be built into the profit margins of the business, not charged additionally. But it all hypothetical because we don't know what the reason for the shortfall

taifighter84

24/8/17
Are they claiming that the amount deposited into their bank is less than you bank is claiming

Yes basically this. They are simply telling me that I didn't send the amount that I actually did.

if they're saying the amount is less than you bank is saying they really need to prove it, perhaps their bank is charging them additional fees at their end, and they are expecting you to cover them, if this is the case then I think they've got a feckin cheek,

Agreed...

Last edited:

taifighter84

24/8/17
Sorry my post was unclear. To clarify, they are not "forgetting about the discount." They sent me an email with the exact amount to pay, which included the discount. I agreed, and paid exactly that. My amount that they deposited matches the amount that they requested. But now they are telling me that their bank shows that I sent less than the agreed-upon amount. And they are not showing proof either, yet asking for more money.

Hope that makes more sense.

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
>Just remind them about how the last order had an issue and they agreed to provide you with a discount

No that was not the issue. We had agreed on the discount to send a certain amount. I agreed, and I sent that full amount. But they were saying that I did not even send THAT amount, even AFTER the discount.

That's how I read your opening post, if your bank is saying and providing proof that the full requested amount was paid into their account and their claiming that they received less then it's probably charges made by their bank to them, and chazingtime are expecting you to cover theses charges so I stand by my comment feckin cheek

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
Sorry my post was unclear. To clarify, they are not "forgetting about the discount." They sent me an email with the exact amount to pay, which included the discount. I agreed, and paid exactly that. My amount that they deposited matches the amount that they requested. But now they are telling me that their bank shows that I sent less than the agreed-upon amount. And they are not showing proof either, yet asking for more money.

How much extra are they asking for?

taifighter84

24/8/17
$11. I just went ahead and paid it since it's not worth the headache and delays, but the principle of the matter irks me, that's all. All I can do is change TD's from here on out i guess.

BabaNJ

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
11/12/16
New Jersey, USA
$11. I just went ahead and paid it since it's not worth the headache and delays, but the principle of the matter irks me, that's all. All I can do is change TD's from here on out i guess.

Yup i would do same. They could have easily told you that "we can handle the $10 less in our next transaction and would have prompted future business from you, but guess not."

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18

Wow $11 lol, but seriously I agree with you 100% it's the principal.
as you said you've ordered from them before and most likely have ordered again, so for the sake of $11 they've lost any potential sales from you and possibly anyone who reads this thread, very short sighted of them.

I would certainly pay and get the watch then send a message telling them where they can stick any future sales.

Reactions: wrightp748

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17

I always send a screen grab of the transaction with an email letting the TD know they’ve been paid so they can get my watch. I only use PayPal so may be different, but in my view any fees incurred at the other end are the sellers responsibility.

$11 is pretty insignificant, but I’d move on and use a different TD in the future. Its not worth the effort of leaving a review in their TD section as that will inevitably end in getting flamed - it always does.